Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Rm -rf unable to kill pid on AIX Post 303045478 by zxmaus on Friday 27th of March 2020 03:01:37 AM
Old 03-27-2020
It is a zombie process now. It is not going to use any resources like memory or cpu but it will be there until you reboot the host.
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass pid to kill using script

Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help is there any way that i can write a script that will kill all current ftp processes, for example if ps -ef | grep ftp produces 3 active proceses, then I would like to somehow extract the PID for each one and pass that to kill -9 has anybody done this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KILL PID, intern should kill another PID.

Hi All, In my project i have two process runs in the back end. Once i start my project, and execute the command ps, i get below output: PID TTY TIME CMD 9086 pts/1 0:00 ksh 9241 pts/1 0:02 java 9240 pts/1 0:00 shell_script_bg java with 9241 PID is the main... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

KILL without PID

Hellow Experts i have one problem. i run one script in backgroun. and i want to kill that script with only script name..... so what's the solution.. for your info my script name is "testscript" n it contains "sleep 100" thanks.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckypower
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

When kill [pid] does not work...

Hi, On my Linux machine, using Bash, I sometimes run into a situation where doing the following does not seem to work at all. kermit@fastbox ~ $ ps -A | grep firefox-bin 5375 ? 00:06:57 firefox-bin <defunct> 5624 ? 00:00:00 firefox-bin kermit@fastbox ~ $ kill 5624... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermit
7 Replies

5. AIX

kill -3 <PID> ... where the output file goes?

Hi all, I am generating the coredump of my JBoss, and by default it puts it in to a particular directory. i.e. JBOSS_HOME/. I would like this output file to be created, lets say in /tmp/dump/. I tried the following: kill -3 9404940>/tmp/dump/out.txt But it created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroon_a
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Kill process with dynamic PID?

Hello, I have problem with killing red5 process running on linux server. As this process is continuously changing its PID so it can't be killed with "kill -9 PID" command. First I used following command to list RED5 process ps aux | grep red5 which showed me root 5832 0.0 0.0 4820 756pts/0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Kill process with dynamic PID?

Hello, I have problem with killing red5 process running on linux server. As this process is continuously changing its PID so it can't be killed with "kill -9 PID" command. First I used following command to list RED5 process ps aux | grep red5 which showed me root 5832 0.0 0.0 4820 756pts/0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a PID using script

Hi, I wrote a script to kill a process id. I am able to kill the PID only if I enter the root password in the middle of the execution because I did not run as root i.e after i run the script from the terminal, instead of killing directly, it is killing only after entering the pass when it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarme_1
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill PID with one liner

Hello Friends, I've been trying to write a one line which checks java processes and filter them for a user (testuser) and then check process arguments with PARGS command and then check if there is certain patterns exists in pargs output then kill the process. I have tried the following so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

10. AIX

Kill pid

I created a program to kill long running pid processes. I am getting the following error message: -f command cannot be found. I also want to count the number of pids that are killed and append the results to a text file. I am new to shell script programming. 1.The first part of code... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
10 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)