Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with grep to show date/time of file Post 303045473 by newbie_01 on Thursday 26th of March 2020 05:27:03 PM
Old 03-26-2020
Thanks for the explanation

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep time and date

Hi, I have a file which is a result of a script running every two minutes. What I wanted to do is to grep a specific date and time (hour and minute) from the file and then count the occurance of 201. I need to get the result of occurance of 201 every 5 minutes. What should I include in my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing a log file based on date/time input and the date/time on the log file

Hi, I'm trying to accomplish the following and would like some suggestions or possible bash script examples that may work I have a directory that has a list of log files that's periodically dumped from a script that is crontab that are rotated 4 generations. There will be a time stamp that is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primp
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to show date/time of file the string was found in.

I've seen several examples of grep showing the filename the string was found in, but what I really need is grep to show the file details in long format (like ls -l would). scenario is: grep mobile_number todays_files This will show me the string I'm after & which files they turn up in, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodstock
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show date/time with tail|grep command

Hi, I have a log file without date/time, and I want that everytime tail|grep find something it displays the date/time and the line. I have tried something like this command but without any luck to display the date/time: tail -F catalina.out | sed "s/^/`date `/" | egrep ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: julugu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the Content of a LOG File which has latest Date and Time

Hi All, Need a small help. I have a log file which keeps updating for every Minute with multiple number of lines. I just want to grep few properties which has latest Date and Time to it. How do i do it? I wanted to grep a property by name "Reloading cache with a maximum of" from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvindraneel
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

grep a range of time & date

how can i grep a range? i have a text file with the following text: result.log.00:2012/01/02 12:00:07.422 LOG STARTED HERE N6Kashya29MemoryShieldScheduler_AO_IMPLE, pid=8662/8658, config=(alertThreshold=10,alertLevel=0,killThreshold=7200,coreThreshold=0,full=1), deltaTime=0,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boaz733
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep into a file + show following lines

Hi guys, This is probably very easy but I've no idea how to pull this out. Basically, I need to find errors into a very large logfile. When you grep the ID, the output is like this: +- Type: 799911 Code: Ret: 22728954 Mand: X Def: Des: UserDes: SeqNo: 2 +- Type: 799911 Code: Ret:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkadia
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does 'grep' update a file's access date/time?

I've got a job that finds and removes trace files based upon an access time of more than seven days (I've also tried a modify date). find TABC* -atime +7 -exec rm + find TABC* -mtime +7 -exec rm + Whether I use -atime or -mtime, the process seems to work sporadically. Sometimes it removes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep show file name once

I am using grep as follows grep --include \*.org -ir "sunspot" -C 3 ./astron_aphys/solarsy/sun/helioseism/localhs/fhankel/ This gives me the filename for each matched line. How can I change the command to print the file name only once rather than having the same file name repeated at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show file name included time information

Hi all, I have many files included time information, some of them included time range by 30 minutes; 2007-12-27T110000.txt 2007-12-27T120000.txt 2007-12-27T130000.txt 2007-12-27T150000.txt 2007-12-27T153000.txt 2007-12-28T000000.txt 2007-12-28T003000.txt I only want to echo that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
5 Replies
LSDIFF(1)							     Man pages								 LSDIFF(1)

NAME
lsdiff - show which files are modified by a patch SYNOPSIS
lsdiff [[-n] | [--line-number]] [[-p n] | [--strip-match=n]] [--strip=n] [--addprefix=PREFIX] [[-s] | [--status]] [[-E] | [--empty-files-as-removed]] [[-i PATTERN] | [--include=PATTERN]] [[-x PATTERN] | [--exclude=PATTERN]] [[-z] | [--decompress]] [[-# RANGE] | [--hunks=RANGE]] [--lines=RANGE] [--files=RANGE] [[-H] | [--with-filename]] [[-h] | [--no-filename]] [[-v] | [--verbose]...] [file...] lsdiff {[--help] | [--version] | [--filter ...] | [--grep ...]} DESCRIPTION
List the files modified by a patch. You can use both unified and context format diffs with this program. OPTIONS
-n, --line-number Display the line number that each patch begins at. If verbose output is requested (using -nv), each hunk of each patch is listed as well. For each file that is modified, a line is generated containing the line number of the beginning of the patch, followed by a Tab character, followed by the name of the file that is modified. If -v is given once, following each of these lines will be one line for each hunk, consisting of a Tab character, the line number that the hunk begins at, another Tab character, the string "Hunk #", and the hunk number (starting at 1). If the -v is given twice in conjunction with -n (i.e. -nvv), the format is slightly different: hunk-level descriptive text is shown after each hunk number, and the --number-files option is enabled. --number-files File numbers are listed, beginning at 1, before each filename. -# RANGE, --hunks=RANGE Only list hunks within the specified RANGE. Hunks are numbered from 1, and the range is a comma-separated list of numbers or "first-last" spans; either the first or the last in the span may be omitted to indicate no limit in that direction. --lines=RANGE Only list hunks that contain lines from the original file that lie within the specified RANGE. Lines are numbered from 1, and the range is a comma-separated list of numbers or "first-last" spans; either the first or the last in the span may be omitted to indicate no limit in that direction. --files=RANGE Only list files indicated by the specified RANGE. Files are numbered from 1 in the order they appear in the patch input, and the range is a comma-separated list of numbers or "first-last" spans; either the first or the last in the span may be omitted to indicate no limit in that direction. -p n, --strip-match=n When matching, ignore the first n components of the pathname. --strip=n Remove the first n components of the pathname before displaying it. --addprefix=PREFIX Prefix the pathname with PREFIX before displaying it. -s, --status Show file additions, modifications and removals. A file addition is indicated by a "+", a removal by a "-", and a modification by a "!". -E, --empty-files-as-removed Treat empty files as absent for the purpose of displaying file additions, modifications and removals. -i PATTERN, --include=PATTERN Include only files matching PATTERN. -x PATTERN, --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN. -z, --decompress Decompress files with extensions .gz and .bz2. -H, --with-filename Print the name of the patch file containing each patch. -h, --no-filename Suppress the name of the patch file containing each patch. -v, --verbose Verbose output. --help Display a short usage message. --version Display the version number of lsdiff. --filter Behave like filterdiff(1) instead. --grep Behave like grepdiff(1) instead. SEE ALSO
filterdiff(1), grepdiff(1) EXAMPLES
To sort the order of touched files in a patch, you can use: lsdiff patch | sort -u | xargs -rn1 filterdiff patch -i To show only added files in a patch: lsdiff -s patch | grep '^+' | cut -c2- | xargs -rn1 filterdiff patch -i To show the headers of all file hunks: lsdiff -n patch | (while read n file do sed -ne "$n,$(($n+1))p" patch done) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Package maintainer patchutils 23 Jan 2009 LSDIFF(1)