Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Email out after second resubmit, in spite of a time stamp update. Post 303045463 by Neo on Wednesday 25th of March 2020 11:07:47 PM
Old 03-26-2020
You will more-than-likely get a faster reply if you post your questions in our new forum here:

UNIX.COM Community - UNIX.COM Community free technical support for all Linux, Unix-like and UNIX users.

Give the new site a try!

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to MV without changing Time Stamp

Hi, I need to move the set of files, and it should be same time stamp as previous. How to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date/Time Stamp

Hi All, Wondering if there is have a date added at the end of a test string. I have a hypothetical text file day one: John Paul George When the file day one is output, I'd like it to read something like this: John 101406 Paul 101406 George 101406 Day two, when the same text file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimmyFlip
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time stamp calculation

Hi all; I'm relatively new to scripting,I am working on a monitoring script.....where in i have to write subroutine which does the follows: It will check the time stamp of a file ( Oracle remarchive files) and compare it with existing time.If the time difference happen to be more than 90... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding time stamp

hi everyone i am facing a strange problem here suppose content of my file is a=1,2,3 b=2,3,4 c=4,5,6 time= now the problem is i want to add value in front of time variable and the value should be i format only "HHMMSS" so it should be like this a=1,2,3 b=2,3,4 c=4,5,6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get time duration between two human readable time stamp in Unix?

Here is two time I have: Jul 12 16:02:01 Jul 13 01:02:01 and how can I do a simple match to get difference between two time which is 09:00:00 Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file time stamp

Hi All, I am facing small problem. i want to print file time stamp on which date file has placed in the server. i have given some code but its not giving the year. any help appreciated. regards rajesh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
4 Replies

7. Solaris

System time and Cron time stamp not matching

On Solaris 10 server the system date won't match with the timestamp on files created by a cron jobs, Please help here is what i get when i check for system date infodba-ie10ux014:/tcpdv1_ie10/tcadmin/bin\n\r-> date Tue Apr 24 15:27:43 GMT 2012at same time i executed a cron job, and checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time stamp Difference

I have a log file which wrote time stamp like this 2013-02-11 00:46:40.389037 2013-02-12 11:46:40.197045 can any one help me to get the time stamp difference of these two line in seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need mtime with time stamp

hi all find /folder1 -mtime 1 >folder1 with the above command , I can get the output of all the files which are modified(within folders and sub folders of folder1) in the last 24 hours. but the listed files output , does not contain the time stamp with it. I request you to give... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update time stamp and replace values

Can anyone please assist? I need to grab each line between the lines "HEADER" and "TRAILER" Each line contains two timestamps(Timestamp1) and (Timestamp2). I need to create two variables TIME_SUBSTRCT and TIME_ADD and then recalculate the two timestamps using this logic:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)