Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shell script to capture a value from the log file and initiate some action based on that Post 303045462 by senmng on Wednesday 25th of March 2020 06:27:24 PM
Old 03-25-2020
Shell script to capture a value from the log file and initiate some action based on that

Hi - I have korn script to execute a oracle job to process a data file . Here in the shell script we are a capturing all the activities in a log file(LOG_File) and we are capturing the record count like no of gets processed and rejected(variable in log file "Num of rejected records:" ). I'd like to trigger an email to the team when the total rejected record is more than 1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - search a file and perform some action

hi, i have a service on unix platform, it will generate traces in a particular folder i want to check using shell script if traces exist, then perform some action else continue to be in loop. filename is service.tra can you please help? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravah
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the run time based on log entries?

Shell script to find the run time based on log entries? Below is the log files content updated when the script test.sh runs. I would like to calculte the difference between first update time stamp and last update time stamp to find the run time of the script. The below log file shows the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailtopranesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to capture ORA errors from Alert Log

Hi, as the title says, I am after a simple script, which will open the Alert log from an 11.2.0.1 Linux environment and mail the error message and description to a recipient email address. I can then schedule this job via cron and let it run every 15 minutes. I have searched online... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving log files based on month - help with ksh shell script

Hello, I'm trying to move the log files from the parent directory to respective monthly folder and I would be running this script on a weekly basis through cron. I'm new to this scripting and here is what i could come up and it runs without really doing anything. I even tried placing echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jusblues
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to capture Current day ORA errors from Alert Log

Please provide Shell script to capture ORA errors from Alert Log for a given date or Current date. -Veera (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture string in a log file

Dear all, I have a log file to be analysed. this log file contains vaiours lines of code starting with date timestamp. if my search string is exception then that resepective log statement starting from the date is required. example: 2014/10/01 16:14:44.459|>=|E|X|19202496|2832|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shravee
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to capture info on log file for a particular time frame

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmovel-db01 2.6.32-38-server #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:26:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux I would like to capture the contents of /var/log/syslog from 11:00AM to 11:30AM and sent to this info via email. I was thinking in set a cron entry at that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to capture logs based on REQUEST iD

Hi All, I am a newbie, I am looking for a script that can capture logs based on a request id and store it in tmp folder Log files looks like this" - 2015-07-08 10:59:17,100 INFO RequestId -> 923559008 Inside test method - 2015-07-08 10:59:17,100 INFO RequestId -> 923559008 End of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsingh
2 Replies
audit(2)							   System Calls 							  audit(2)

NAME
audit - write a record to the audit log SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lbsm -lsocket -lnsl [ library... ] #include <sys/param.h> #include <bsm/libbsm.h> int audit(caddr_t record, int length); DESCRIPTION
The audit() function queues a record for writing to the system audit log. The data pointed to by record is queued for the log after a mini- mal consistency check, with the length parameter specifying the size of the record in bytes. The data should be a well-formed audit record as described by audit.log(4). The kernel validates the record header token type and length, and sets the time stamp value before writing the record to the audit log. The kernel does not do any preselection for user-level generated events. If the audit policy is set to include sequence or trailer tokens, the kernel will append them to the record. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The audit() function will fail if: E2BIG The record length is greater than the maximum allowed record length. EFAULT The record argument points outside the process's allocated address space. EINVAL The header token in the record is invalid. ENOTSUP Solaris Audit is not defined for this system. EPERM The {PRIV_PROC_AUDIT} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. USAGE
Only privileged processes can successfully execute this call. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bsmconv(1M), audit(1M), auditd(1M), svcadm(1M), auditon(2), getaudit(2), audit.log(4), attributes(5), privileges(5) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Solaris Auditing has been enabled and the audit daemon auditd(1M) has not been disabled by audit(1M) or svcadm(1M). See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.11 16 Apr 2008 audit(2)