Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Why not? Phosphorus recycling Post 303045456 by vbe on Wednesday 25th of March 2020 02:13:51 PM
Old 03-25-2020
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a menu for recycling and permanently deleting files.

Trying to alias rm to move files to a hidden trash directory in the bash shell. I've tried to create this alias numberous ways and it's just not working. Here's what I've tried, anyone have any suggestions. alias rm='mv $* ~/.trash' alias rm= 'mv$* ~/.trash' things like that... I've also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strmy_ngts
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Module for log recycling

hi......... can anyone suggest me how n where can i find the module used for recycling logs in Unix(some .so file is used i suppose).till date i have done it with scripting but maintaining the script is becoming difficult. many2 thanx in advance -manuj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuj upadhyay
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX PID Recycling

Had a bizzare problem last night with one of our tools running on an AIX server that has not come up before. The tool has been in use for over a year without this problem showing up.The tool basically does this: -Kick off a background task and record the PIDGo and do a bunch of other taskswait for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

4. Web Development

Help me in automating the recycling of UNIX server

Hello everyone...I am very new to UNIX hence needs your help in below. i have written a script to change some configuration in property files and its working fine.but to reflect that change at the application i want to recycle WAS and ihs.i.e. run below start and stop commands at /usr/local/bin ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanaa
2 Replies
News::Scan::Thread(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   News::Scan::Thread(3pm)

NAME
News::Scan::Thread - keep track of threads in a Usenet newsgroup SYNOPSIS
use News::Scan::Thread; my $thr = News::Scan::Thread->new($news_scan_article_obj); DESCRIPTION
This module provides a class whose objects can be used to keep track of threads of discussion in a Usenet newsgroup. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( ARTICLE ) "ARTICLE" should be a "News::Scan::Article" object or an object of some class derived from "News::Scan::Article". "new" performs some initialization and returns a "News::Scan::Thread". METHODS
subject Returns this thread's subject. volume Returns the volume in bytes generated in this thread. articles Returns the number of posts to this thread. header_volume Returns the volume in bytes of the headers in this thread's articles. header_lines Returns the number of header lines in this thread's articles. body_volume Returns the volume in bytes of the message bodies of this thread's articles. body_lines Returns the number of lines in this thread's message bodies. orig_volume Returns the volume in bytes of the original content of this thread's articles. orig_lines Returns the number of original lines in this thread's articles. sig_volume Returns the volume in bytes of the signatures of this thread's articles. sig_lines Returns the number of signature lines in this thread's articles. SEE ALSO
News::Scan, News::Scan::Article AUTHOR
Greg Bacon <gbacon@cs.uah.edu> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997 Greg Bacon. All Rights Reserved. This library is free software. You may distribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2000-04-13 News::Scan::Thread(3pm)