Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to install rename on armv71? Post 303045454 by baris35 on Wednesday 25th of March 2020 12:20:10 PM
Old 03-25-2020
How to install rename on armv71?

Hello,
I have been using WD MyCloud and I'd like to do some basic tasks on command line.
The box does not recognize:
sudo, apt-get,apt,rename,lsb_release -a,

Code:
root@WDMyCloud# uname -a
Linux WDMyCloud 3.10.39 #1 SMP Thu Aug 29 19:32:48 PDT 2019 2014T20p4 Build-gita3b74c9 armv7l GNU/Linux

What should I do to be able to run these commands?

Thanks in advance
Boris

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rename using mv ?

Hi all how can can remove the underscore from this number in this series _1234567.abc _1234567.abcd I was trying mv _1234567* 1234567 but did not work ? thanks s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I rename the following=-^

I have a file named -^, I want to look at it, rename, etc. Any help out there?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj78
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

4. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

CentOS 6.1 base install (like FreeBSD base install)?

Hello, What is the simplest way to install CentOS 6.1 with console base-system only using official LiveDVD image on VirtualBox machine? I'd like to get simplest console with network support like FreeBSD base installation. Then, install services which I need. The installer jest extracts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_develope
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Install Red Hat 4.2 (Not Enterprise) from install tree

Hi guys I would like to install Red Hat Linux 4.2 on my old box (pIII). However there is a problem: i can't find the .iso image anywhere in the Net, all the material that i've found is (i think) an install tree of the OS. It will be possible for me to install the OS from that install tree? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
3 Replies

8. AIX

Install software in another directory with smitty install

Hello, I would like to ask if someone knows if is possible to install sofware via smitty or installp in another directorie , or we have to accept the default location? i would like to intall in /opt folder , but smitty installed it in /usr Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using rename

Renaming files using rename on the following files rename 's/.99999/.99999.sac.pzs/g' *.99999 sac_pzs_iv_esml_hhz__2013.074.10.18.23.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999 sac_pzs_iv_favr_hhe__2010.187.00.00.00.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
DEBCONF-APT-PROGRESS(1) 					      Debconf						   DEBCONF-APT-PROGRESS(1)

NAME
debconf-apt-progress - install packages using debconf to display a progress bar SYNOPSIS
debconf-apt-progress [--] command [args ...] debconf-apt-progress --config debconf-apt-progress --start debconf-apt-progress --from waypoint --to waypoint [--] command [args ...] debconf-apt-progress --stop DESCRIPTION
debconf-apt-progress installs packages using debconf to display a progress bar. The given command should be any command-line apt frontend; specifically, it must send progress information to the file descriptor selected by the "APT::Status-Fd" configuration option, and must keep the file descriptors nominated by the "APT::Keep-Fds" configuration option open when invoking debconf (directly or indirectly), as those file descriptors will be used for the debconf passthrough protocol. The arguments to the command you supply should generally include -y (for apt-get or aptitude) or similar to avoid the apt frontend prompting for input. debconf-apt-progress cannot do this itself because the appropriate argument may differ between apt frontends. The --start, --stop, --from, and --to options may be used to create a progress bar with multiple segments for different stages of installation, provided that the caller is a debconf confmodule. The caller may also interact with the progress bar itself using the debconf protocol if it so desires. debconf locks its config database when it starts up, which makes it unfortunately inconvenient to have one instance of debconf displaying the progress bar and another passing through questions from packages being installed. If you're using a multiple-segment progress bar, you'll need to eval the output of the --config option before starting the debconf frontend to work around this. See "EXAMPLES" in the EXAMPLES section below. OPTIONS
--config Print environment variables necessary to start up a progress bar frontend. --start Start up a progress bar, running from 0 to 100 by default. Use --from and --to to use other endpoints. --from waypoint If used with --start, make the progress bar begin at waypoint rather than 0. Otherwise, install packages with their progress bar beginning at this "waypoint". Must be used with --to. --to waypoint If used with --start, make the progress bar end at waypoint rather than 100. Otherwise, install packages with their progress bar ending at this "waypoint". Must be used with --from. --stop Stop a running progress bar. --no-progress Avoid starting, stopping, or stepping the progress bar. Progress messages from apt, media change events, and debconf questions will still be passed through to debconf. --dlwaypoint percentage Specify what percent of the progress bar to use for downloading packages. The remainder will be used for installing packages. The default is to use 15% for downloading and the remaining 85% for installing. --logfile file Send the normal output from apt to the given file. --logstderr Send the normal output from apt to stderr. If you supply neither --logfile nor --logstderr, the normal output from apt will be discarded. -- Terminate options. Since you will normally need to give at least the -y argument to the command being run, you will usually need to use -- to prevent that being interpreted as an option to debconf-apt-progress itself. EXAMPLES
Install the GNOME desktop and an X window system development environment within a progress bar: debconf-apt-progress -- aptitude -y install gnome x-window-system-dev Install the GNOME, KDE, and XFCE desktops within a single progress bar, allocating 45% of the progress bar for each of GNOME and KDE and the remaining 10% for XFCE: #! /bin/sh set -e case $1 in '') eval "$(debconf-apt-progress --config)" "$0" debconf ;; debconf) . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule debconf-apt-progress --start debconf-apt-progress --from 0 --to 45 -- apt-get -y install gnome debconf-apt-progress --from 45 --to 90 -- apt-get -y install kde debconf-apt-progress --from 90 --to 100 -- apt-get -y install xfce4 debconf-apt-progress --stop ;; esac RETURN CODE
The exit code of the specified command is returned, unless the user hit the cancel button on the progress bar. If the cancel button was hit, a value of 30 is returned. To avoid ambiguity, if the command returned 30, a value of 3 will be returned. AUTHORS
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-APT-PROGRESS(1)