Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Mac OS X Catalina - NFS File Access Behavior in CRON or Launchd Post 303045435 by hicksd8 on Friday 20th of March 2020 12:56:36 PM
Old 03-20-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea
Comes to mind, check your 'mount nas' options, they might 'provoke' list only.
Agreed. Also, check the access rights set on the NAS end. I'm no MAC user either but perhaps your upgraded OS is checking acess rights on the NAS that it wasn't checking before.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange IP traffic behavior when using Samba and FTP (Windows/Mac to Linux)

I have set up a samba share on my Linux server. I have a gigabit switch, gigabit NICs in each machine. I have set up the /etc/samba/smb.conf to support no delay, 8192 send/receive buffers, etc. This helped the rate for Samba go from about 4MB/S to about 10MB/S, but I expect to see about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perspectx
1 Replies

2. AIX

Cannot access NFS file system

I create a NFS file system. I can read this system from client, however, I cannot write anything in this folder. Why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Behavior of Bad Script in Cron Job

Hi A Ksh script is deployed in a server and executed through cronjob. If one of the line in the middle of the script fails . Are the remaining lines executed ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

NFS Access Issue

Hi, I am facing issue on NFS. I have shared /data file file system on Server 192.192.192.1, added below lines in /etc/exports /data 192.192.192.2(rw,no_root_squash,sync) the owner of /data directory was test(uid 500) and same I have mounted on another server 192.192.192.2 where the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep startup messages from catalina.out file

Hello Team, I am trying to extract date from the following output and trying to compare with current date and if there is 10 minute difference between the two. it should logs message in the file server is started.can anyone help me to implement this in the script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Different redirection behavior in BASH/Linux when run under cron vice login ???

run_xfs_fsr is a xfs filesystem maintenance script designed to run under cron. The system is a home theater personal computer running mythbuntu 10.10, and is accessed remotely for these tests. cron runs a script, (xfs_fsr.sh) at 02:30 that runs the subject script under BASH and sets the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keepitsimpleeng
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launchd-owned processes unexpected behavior

Ok, so I have been struggling with this for a few days and I think I need an explanation of a few things before I go any further. I'm not sure it's possible to do what I'm trying, so before I pull my hair out, here is what I'm doing: I have written a program in LiveCode that sits on our... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
2 Replies
CPMAC(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CPMAC(1)

NAME
/usr/bin/CpMac -- copy files preserving metadata and forks SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/CpMac [-rp] [-mac] source target /usr/bin/CpMac [-rp] [-mac] source ... directory DESCRIPTION
In its first form, the /usr/bin/CpMac utility copies the contents of the file named by the source operand to the destination path named by the target operand. This form is assumed when the last operand does not name an already existing directory. In its second form, /usr/bin/CpMac copies each file named by a source operand to a destination directory named by the directory operand. The destination path for each operand is the pathname produced by the concatenation of the last operand, a slash, and the final pathname compo- nent of the named file. The following options are available: -r If source designates a directory, /usr/bin/CpMac copies the directory and the entire subtree connected at that point. This option also causes symbolic links to be copied, rather than indirected through, and for /usr/bin/CpMac to create special files rather than copying them as normal files. Created directories have the same mode as the corresponding source directory, unmodified by the process' umask. -p Causes /usr/bin/CpMac to preserve in the copy as many of the modification time, access time, file flags, file mode, user ID, and group ID as allowed by permissions. -mac Allows use of HFS-style paths for both source and target. Path elements must be separated by colons, and the path must begin with a volume name or a colon (to designate current directory). NOTES
The /usr/bin/CpMac command does not support the same options as the POSIX cp command, and is much less flexible in its operands. It cannot be used as a direct substitute for cp in scripts. As of Mac OS X 10.4, the cp command preserves metadata and resource forks of files on Extended HFS volumes, so it can be used in place of CpMac. The /usr/bin/CpMac command will be deprecated in future versions of Mac OS X. SEE ALSO
cp(1) MvMac(1) Mac OS X April 12, 2004 Mac OS X