Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Storing UNIX shell command output to a new sheet in excel Post 303045394 by Harshith on Thursday 19th of March 2020 08:17:31 AM
Old 03-19-2020
Storing UNIX shell command output to a new sheet in excel

I am not finding a way to store output of unix shell script to a new spreadsheet in an existing excel file.
Also the shell script that I have written should be called from a macro in excel . The shell script that I have written is as follow :
Code:
git ls-files | grep '\.java$' | xargs wc -l | awk ' BEGIN {printf( "%5s\n", "Count\tPath")} { printf ("%6s\n", $1 "\t" $2 )}' > result.xls

I need to call the macro from new.xlsm file and once the shell script is executed the output is expected to be saved in a new spreadsheet of the same new.xlsm excel sheet. Instead it creates a new excel file itself.
Thanks in Advance

Last edited by vbe; 03-19-2020 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: code tag

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exporting files from unix to Excel sheet

How can we export a file in unix with certain number of columns to an excel sheet. It's very useful in time saving...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update existing excel sheet using shell script

Hi All, I am having an excel sheet with pre-defined format which our business team specified, what i need to do is i have to write a script which need to pick values from database and update specified cells in excel sheet.. can any one please help me in this regard.. I am able to pull the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balanarendra
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read window Excel sheet to unix

I would like to read data from excel sheet as a input to a shell script. Myproblem is the excel sheet is in windows. How can I write a shell script to read data from that excel sheet? How can I do that?. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vj8436
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter data in Excel sheet using Shell Script

Hi, I have an excel sheet which has 100000 records. All these records are having 3 columns each with the last column as "Y" or "N". I would like to filter those records which has the value "Y". Can you please let me know how to proceed with that? Thanks in advance. -Sri ----------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhanusri83
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excel sheet to be created from unix.

Hi Guys, I like to create a excel sheet with four tabs. Is it possible to create it. Acutually i want to apply formulas in fourth tab which uses the three different tabs. Is it possible to create such a script? Thanks & regards, Magesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in formatting output of SQL query in excel sheet in shell script

Hi Guys.. Need your help to format the output of my shell script. I am using spool command to take out put in csv file. below is my code. (for example) col USERNAME for a15 col EMAIL for a30 col FULL_NAME for a20 col LAST_LOGIN for a40 col DATE_CREATED for a40 SPOOL 120.csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load UNIX data into excel sheet

Hi, i have some data in a temporary file in Unix (the data is taken from the result of an SQL query). Now i want to dump that data into an excel sheet. How to do that. Someone please advise. Thanks Regards, Vinit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX data to be updated to ms excel sheet

hi, i wanted to add unix data to be updated to the excel sheet. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupesh.bombale
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab to excel sheet with shell script

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing up the data from different excel sheet into one excel sheet

Hi Folks, Can you please advise for any script in unix such that for example , i have 3 different excel sheet at the location /ppt/gfr/exc so the name s of the excel sheet are 1excel.xslx 2excel.xslx 3excel.xslx now in these 3 different excel sheet there is lot of data for example each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
3 Replies
git-annex-shell(1)					      General Commands Manual						git-annex-shell(1)

NAME
git-annex-shell - Restricted login shell for git-annex only SSH access SYNOPSIS
git-annex-shell [-c] command [params ...] DESCRIPTION
git-annex-shell is a restricted shell, similar to git-shell, which can be used as a login shell for SSH accounts. Since its syntax is identical to git-shell's, it can be used as a drop-in replacement anywhere git-shell is used. For example it can be used as a user's restricted login shell. COMMANDS
Any command not listed below is passed through to git-shell. Note that the directory parameter should be an absolute path, otherwise it is assumed to be relative to the user's home directory. Also the first "/~/" or "/~user/" is expanded to the specified home directory. configlist directory This outputs a subset of the git configuration, in the same form as git config --list inannex directory [key ...] This checks if all specified keys are present in the annex, and exits zero if so. dropkey directory [key ...] This drops the annexed data for the specified keys. recvkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to receive the content of a key, and stores the content in the annex. sendkey directory key This runs rsync in server mode to transfer out the content of a key. commit directory This commits any staged changes to the git-annex branch. It also runs the annex-content hook. OPTIONS
Most options are the same as in git-annex. The ones specific to git-annex-shell are: --uuid=UUID git-annex uses this to specify the UUID of the repository it was expecting git-annex-shell to access, as a sanity check. HOOK
After content is received or dropped from the repository by git-annex-shell, it runs a hook, .git/hooks/annex-content (or hooks/annex-con- tent on a bare repository). The hook is not currently passed any information about what changed. ENVIRONMENT
GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_READONLY If set, disallows any command that could modify the repository. GIT_ANNEX_SHELL_LIMITED If set, disallows running git-shell to handle unknown commands. SEE ALSO
git-annex(1) git-shell(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> <http://git-annex.branchable.com/> git-annex-shell(1)