Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Old disk disappear after additional new one on Linux FS Post 303045391 by kunwar on Thursday 19th of March 2020 07:59:29 AM
Old 03-19-2020
Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

NFS file/dir disappear issue

We have bunch of Sun Sparc workstations(solaris 7 & 8) connecting to a linux file server with NFS exports. Recently we upgraded our file server from fedora core1 to redhat enterprise linux 4. And since then we are experiencing a nightmare of file/dir missing. It happens randomly, couple of times... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: motor98
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Automounted filesystems disappear

We have a Slackware 9.1 box that our ASP controls. We use it to see the logging of our Weblogic-clusters. All the logging is auto-mounted in /rmt which is fine, as long as you know the names of the mountpoints. When you don't access the mountpoints for a certain period of time, the mountpoint... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make the typed text disappear...

Hi all... I-m quite a new user of UNIX and i was trying to write a simple program and my problem is the following:how can i make a typed letter disappear (as we see in the MORE command, when we type <space>, b, q etc...) i know that for typing some text that has to be read it's used the structure:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellofan
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql table disappear

I have set a mysql file to excute everyday morning to generate a html file displayng 2 tables from the database. Sometime they cannot be shown, and it shows the tables are not existed. I have not drop any table, and those 2 tables are not used by any other excution. Anybody know what is happening?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c203040
0 Replies

6. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

7. Linux

System Panel disappear.

Dear all, I lost my CentOS 6.4, Systems default bar/panel where we navigate our system for the Applications, Places & System, Is there anyone who can help me please??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Make a disk disappear from fdisk output

Hello, 1 ) Fdisk -l # Displays all the disk with partition table information My Query ) A ) How can i make one disk ex: /dev/sdd not visible in fdisk -l output ? B) From where fdisk -l collect and display the information ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: run with another user, env disappear

#!/bin/sh PATH_1=$PATH echo "PATH_1 is " $PATH_1 function user_func (){ whoami export PATH=$PATH_1:/usr/local/bin echo "PATH is" $PATH exit } export -f user_func su -m hadoop -c 'user_func' from out put, PATH is not set with PATH_1 append ( it's not another user to run the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
5 Replies
SEM_OPEN(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       SEM_OPEN(3)

NAME
sem_open, sem_close, sem_unlink -- named semaphore operations LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <semaphore.h> sem_t * sem_open(const char *name, int oflag, ...); int sem_close(sem_t *sem); int sem_unlink(const char *name); DESCRIPTION
The sem_open() function creates or opens the named semaphore specified by name. The returned semaphore may be used in subsequent calls to sem_getvalue(3), sem_wait(3), sem_trywait(3), sem_post(3), and sem_close(). This implementation places strict requirements on the value of name: it must begin with a slash ('/') and contain no other slash characters. The following bits may be set in the oflag argument: O_CREAT Create the semaphore if it does not already exist. The third argument to the call to sem_open() must be of type mode_t and specifies the mode for the semaphore. Only the S_IWUSR, S_IWGRP, and S_IWOTH bits are examined; it is not possible to grant only ``read'' permission on a semaphore. The mode is modified according to the process's file creation mask; see umask(2). The fourth argument must be an unsigned int and specifies the initial value for the semaphore, and must be no greater than SEM_VALUE_MAX. O_EXCL Create the semaphore if it does not exist. If the semaphore already exists, sem_open() will fail. This flag is ignored unless O_CREAT is also specified. The sem_close() function closes a named semaphore that was opened by a call to sem_open(). The sem_unlink() function removes the semaphore named name. Resources allocated to the semaphore are only deallocated when all processes that have the semaphore open close it. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the sem_open() function returns the address of the opened semaphore. If the same name argument is given to multiple calls to sem_open() by the same process without an intervening call to sem_close(), the same address is returned each time. If the semaphore cannot be opened, sem_open() returns SEM_FAILED and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. The sem_close() and sem_unlink() functions return the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sem_open() function will fail if: [EACCES] The semaphore exists and the permissions specified by oflag at the time it was created deny access to this process. [EACCES] The semaphore does not exist, but permission to create it is denied. [EEXIST] O_CREAT and O_EXCL are set but the semaphore already exists. [EINTR] The call was interrupted by a signal. [EINVAL] The sem_open() operation is not supported for the given name. [EINVAL] The value argument is greater than SEM_VALUE_MAX. [ENAMETOOLONG] The name argument is too long. [ENFILE] The system limit on semaphores has been reached. [ENOENT] O_CREAT is not set but the named semaphore does not exist. [ENOSPC] There is not enough space to create the semaphore. The sem_close() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The sem argument is not a valid semaphore. The sem_unlink() function will fail if: [EACCES] Permission is denied to unlink the semaphore. [ENAMETOOLONG] The specified name is too long. [ENOENT] The named semaphore does not exist. SEE ALSO
close(2), open(2), umask(2), unlink(2), sem_getvalue(3), sem_post(3), sem_trywait(3), sem_wait(3) STANDARDS
The sem_open(), sem_close(), and sem_unlink() functions conform to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
Support for named semaphores first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD