Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Comparing netstat command in Linux and Solaris Post 303045376 by sravani25 on Wednesday 18th of March 2020 07:16:43 PM
Old 03-18-2020
Comparing netstat command in Linux and Solaris

Hi All,

In Linux when i am using netstat -anlp i am getting below columns output.
Code:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name

where as when i am using netstat -an -P tcp in Solaris 10 I am getting below columns output.
Code:
Local Address Remote Address Swind Send-Q Rwind Recv-Q State

I am unable to fetch the PID/Program name in Solaris 10 using netstat.

Can someone please tell me which command/option i need to use to fetch the details.

Last edited by vbe; 03-19-2020 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: (i)/code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat command between clustered hosts

I have 2 clustered hosts, is it possible for me to issue a netstat command against 1 host from the other ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphyboy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netstat command

Hi.., Now, I am reading about the netstat command and its implementation. I have doubts in some options and its functionalities, natstat - M (Which is described as display masqueraded connections), what it means? What is Forwarding Information Base.?(--fib) Thanks in advance,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris netstat. Newbie.

Hi, I currently have two processes running on my Solaris server that are hogging the cpu. I am confident that these two processes are caused by remote users logged into the oracle database on the server. What I need to know is how to get the corresponding ip address associated with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netstat command query

hy guys, I did netstat and it is listening, what can i do from the client side that to see if the port is open? Regards Charneet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charneet
1 Replies

5. Solaris

'netstat' info on Solaris

Hello All I just wanted to know if on solaris ,below two commands need to be run separately unlike AIX where "/usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet " gives tcp as well as udp info. /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P tcp /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P udp Also is there any way i can make these two... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat command

Hi, In my project we use sftp with batch mode (password less) script in parallel for 14 sessions which connects to 2 different servers alternatively i.e. 7 connects to one server say server1 and the other 7 connects to say server 2. Now the problem is that these 14 sessions are run in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with a netstat command

Do I have this command correct to show all current connections/sessions my Solaris box has? It does not seem to do anything. netstat -an | grep EST (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat command to be executed for list of hosts

Hi All, Need to run the netstat -i command on the list of hosts and check if "Ierrs" and "Oerrs" has value greaterthan 0. for Ex: below output, driver bge1 and bge3 has Oerrs and Ierrs value > 0, So, script should report saying "Netstat status for $host, driver bge1 has Oerrs = 20, Failed"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with netstat traffic server command

Help required for creating a unix shell script using netstat command for retrieving total traffic in Kbytes with the source and destination address. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samee
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
netstat(1)						      General Commands Manual							netstat(1)

NAME
netstat - Displays network statistics. SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/netstat [-ARgrn | [-Aan] [-f address_family] [-p protocol]] [interval] /usr/sbin/netstat [-adgHimMnRrstuv] [-f address_family] [-p protocol] [interval] /usr/sbin/netstat [-dntz] [-I interface [-c | -s]] [interval] The netstat command displays network-related data in various formats. OPTIONS
Displays the state of sockets related to the Internet protocol. Includes sockets for processes such as servers that are currently listening at a socket but are otherwise inactive. Displays either the address of any protocol control blocks associated with sockets or the addresses of routing table entries with bitmasks. Typically, this option is used for debugging. Displays the number of dropped packets; for use with the -I interface or -i options. You can also specify an interval argument (in seconds). Limits reports to the specified address family. The address families that can be specified might include the following: Specifies reports of the AF_INET family, if present in the kernel. Specifies reports of the AF_INET6 family, if present in the kernel. Specifies reports of the AF_UNIX family, if present in the kernel. Lists information about all address families in the system. Lists information about any address families in the system. Dis- plays statistics since the system was last booted. By default, the command displays statistics since they were last zeroed. Use this option with the -p and -s options only. Displays the current ARP table (behaves like arp -a). Displays the state of configured interfaces. (Interfaces that are statically configured into the system, but not located at system startup, are not shown.) When used with the -a option, it displays IP (IPv4 and IPv6) and link-level addresses associated with the interfaces. You can use the -i option to retrieve your system's hardware address. Displays information about the specified interface. Displays the current access filter for the specified network interface. See ifaccess.conf(4) for more information. Displays the DNA Data Link Layer counters for the specified network interface and the adapter's status and characteristics. See Network Administration for a description of the display fields. Displays information about memory allocated to data structures associated with network operations. Displays Internet protocol multicast routing information. When used with the -s option, it displays IP (IPv4 and IPv6) multicast statistics. Displays network address in numerical format with network masks in CIDR format. When this option is not spec- ified, the address is displayed as hostname and port number. This option can be used with any of the display formats. Displays statistics for protocol, which you can specify as a well known name or an alias. Supported protocol names and their aliases are listed in /etc/protocols. A null listing (0) means that there is no data to report. If routines to report statistics for a speci- fied protocol are not implemented on this system, netstat reports that the protocol is unknown. Displays the host's routing tables. When used with the -s option, shows the host's routing statistics instead of routing tables. Display's the host's routing tables on each Resource Affinity Domain (RAD), if your system has NUMA-capable hardware. Displays statistics for each protocol. Displays timer information; for use with the -I interface or -i options. Displays information about domain sockets (UNIX domain). Displays more verbose output when specified with the -r option. In this case, route metric values are displayed. Sets the network interface counters or protocol statistics counters to zero. This option must be specified with either the -I interface option or the -s or -p options. In addition, you must be superuser to use this option. DESCRIPTION
The interval argument specifies in seconds the interval for updating and displaying information. The first line of the display shows cumu- lative statistics; subsequent lines show statistics recorded during interval. Default Display When used without options, the netstat command displays a list of active sockets for each protocol. The default display shows the following items: Local and remote addresses Send and receive queue sizes (in bytes) Protocol State Address formats are of the form host.port or network.port if a socket's address specifies a network but no specific host address. The host and network address are displayed symbolically unless -n is specified. Interface Display The network interface display format provides a table of cumulative statistics for the following: Interface name Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) Network Address Packets received (Ipkts) Packets received in error (Ierrs) Packets transferred (Opkts) Outgoing packets in error (Oerrs) Collisions Note that the collisions item has different meanings for different network interfaces. Drops (optional with -d) Timers (optional with -t) Routing Table Display A route consists of a destination host or network and a gateway to use when forwarding packets. Direct routes are created automatically for each interface attached to the local host when you issue the ifconfig command. In addition, loopback routes are created automatically for each interface address that is configured with the ifconfig command. Routes can be modified automatically in response to the prevailing condition of the network. The routing-table display format indicates available routes and the status of each in the following fields: Displays the state of the route as one or more of the following: This is a cloned route. This route is a cloning route that was created by the route command. This route was dynamically created by a redirect. Fragment to path MTU size is disabled on this route. This route is to a gateway. This route is to a host. This route contains valid link-layer information. This route is a loopback route that was created by the kernel. This route was modified by a redirect. Path MTU discovery is disabled on this route. This route was created by the Path MTU discovery process. This is a reject route that was created by the route command. This is a static route that was created by the route command. Up, or available. Gives the current number of active uses for the route. Connection-oriented protocols hold on to a single route for the duration of a con- nection; connectionless protocols obtain routes in the process of sending to a destination. Provides a count of the number of packets sent using the route. Indicates the network interface used for the route. When the -v option is specified, the routing table display includes the route metrics. An asterisk (*) indicates the metric is locked. See route(8) for additional information on routing. DIAGNOSTICS
Verify that the kloadsrv daemon is running. If it is not, start it. See kloadsrv(8) for more information. Make sure that you have not replaced the running kernel with a new kernel. You might need to reboot the system to correct this problem. EXAMPLES
To show the state of the configured interfaces, enter: $ netstat -i To show the routing tables, enter: $ netstat -r The resulting display looks like the following: Routing Tables Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use Interface Netmasks: Inet 255.255.255.0 Route Tree for Protocol Family 2: default 16.55.5.5 UG 13 38618 ln0 localhost 16.55.5.4 UH 2 29 lo0 ethernet 16.55.5.3 U 98 66760 ln0 (Output may be formatted differently on your system.) To show the routing tables with network addresses, enter: $ netstat -rn The resulting display looks like the following: Routing tables Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use Interface Netmasks: Inet 0.0.0.0 Inet 255.0.0.0 Inet 255.255.0.0 Inet 255.255.252.0 Inet 255.255.255.0 Inet 255.255.255.224 Route Tree for Protocol Family 2: default 16.140.28.1 UG 0 6004465 tu0 16.140.128/24 16.140.128.198 U 4 181451 tu0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 UH 0 0 lo0 194.224/16 127.0.0.1 UG 0 3 lo0 194.226/16 127.0.0.1 UGR 0 0 lo0 198.119.1/24 198.119.19.76 U 1 867 le0 198.119.19.64/27 198.119.19.76 U 0 1 le0 198.119.64.80 198.119.19.24 UGH 0 0 le0 130.200/16 16.140.128.1 UG 0 0 tu0 To produce the default display for network connections, enter: netstat The resulting display might include the following headings: Active Internet connections Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address (state) To set the ln0 interface counters to zero, enter: netstat -Iln0 -z To display IPv6 routing entries, enter: # net- stat -rnf inet6 Routing tables Destination Gateway Flags Refs Use Interface Route Tree for Protocol Family 26 default Link#8 UCL 0 0 ipt0 default Link#1 UCL 0 0 ln0 default fe80::a00:2bff:fe2d:2b2 UG 0 0 ln0 3ffe:1200:4110:1::/64 Link#1 UCL 0 0 ln0 3ffe:1200:4110:1:a00:2bff:fe2c:f632 Link#1 UH 1 0 ln0 fe80::/10 Link#8 UCL 0 0 ipt0 fe80::/10 Link#1 UCL 0 0 ln0 fe80::108c:1056 Link#8 UHLc 1 4 ipt0 fe80::108c:80e3 Link#8 UHLc 0 0 ipt0 fe80::a00:2bff:fe2d:2b2 Link#1 UHLc 1 0 ln0 ff02::/16 Link#1 UCL 0 0 ln0 ff02::/16 Link#8 UCL 0 0 ipt0 ff02::1 16.140.128.227 UHLVc 0 8 ipt0 ff02::1 33:33:0:0:0:1 UHLVc 0 3 ln0 ff02::2 33:33:0:0:0:2 UHLVc 0 1 ln0 ff02::2 16.140.128.227 UHLVc 1 2 ipt0 ff02::9 16.140.128.227 UHLVc 0 4 ipt0 To display active IPv6 connections, enter: # netstat -af inet6 Active Internet connections (including servers) Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address (state) tcp 0 0 3ffe:1200:4110:1:a00:2bff:fe2c:f632.1054 host1.corp.com.telnet ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0 *.finger *.* LISTEN tcp 0 0 *.telnet *.* LISTEN tcp 0 0 *.ftp *.* LISTEN SEE ALSO
Commands: vmstat(1), route(8) Network Administration netstat(1)