Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Comparing netstat command in Linux and Solaris Post 303045376 by sravani25 on Wednesday 18th of March 2020 07:16:43 PM
Old 03-18-2020
Comparing netstat command in Linux and Solaris

Hi All,

In Linux when i am using netstat -anlp i am getting below columns output.
Code:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name

where as when i am using netstat -an -P tcp in Solaris 10 I am getting below columns output.
Code:
Local Address Remote Address Swind Send-Q Rwind Recv-Q State

I am unable to fetch the PID/Program name in Solaris 10 using netstat.

Can someone please tell me which command/option i need to use to fetch the details.

Last edited by vbe; 03-19-2020 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: (i)/code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat command between clustered hosts

I have 2 clustered hosts, is it possible for me to issue a netstat command against 1 host from the other ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphyboy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netstat command

Hi.., Now, I am reading about the netstat command and its implementation. I have doubts in some options and its functionalities, natstat - M (Which is described as display masqueraded connections), what it means? What is Forwarding Information Base.?(--fib) Thanks in advance,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris netstat. Newbie.

Hi, I currently have two processes running on my Solaris server that are hogging the cpu. I am confident that these two processes are caused by remote users logged into the oracle database on the server. What I need to know is how to get the corresponding ip address associated with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netstat command query

hy guys, I did netstat and it is listening, what can i do from the client side that to see if the port is open? Regards Charneet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charneet
1 Replies

5. Solaris

'netstat' info on Solaris

Hello All I just wanted to know if on solaris ,below two commands need to be run separately unlike AIX where "/usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet " gives tcp as well as udp info. /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P tcp /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet -P udp Also is there any way i can make these two... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat command

Hi, In my project we use sftp with batch mode (password less) script in parallel for 14 sessions which connects to 2 different servers alternatively i.e. 7 connects to one server say server1 and the other 7 connects to say server 2. Now the problem is that these 14 sessions are run in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with a netstat command

Do I have this command correct to show all current connections/sessions my Solaris box has? It does not seem to do anything. netstat -an | grep EST (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat command to be executed for list of hosts

Hi All, Need to run the netstat -i command on the list of hosts and check if "Ierrs" and "Oerrs" has value greaterthan 0. for Ex: below output, driver bge1 and bge3 has Oerrs and Ierrs value > 0, So, script should report saying "Netstat status for $host, driver bge1 has Oerrs = 20, Failed"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with netstat traffic server command

Help required for creating a unix shell script using netstat command for retrieving total traffic in Kbytes with the source and destination address. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samee
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering netstat command output

Hi All, I am trying to collect the listen ports info from netstat command in centos 7 From that info i am trying to collect all the foreign address IP for those ports. I am using below script to do the same. netstat -an |grep -w "LISTEN" |grep -v "127.0.0.1" |awk '{print $4}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
3 Replies
learp(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  learp(8)

NAME
learp - Displays the contents of a LAN-Emulation Address Resolution Protocol (LE-ARP) table SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/learp [-u unit_number] -a OPTIONS
Specifies a LE-ARP cache. The unit number is the same as is displayed by the netstat -i command. For example: elan0 is unit 0, elan1 is unit 1, and so on. If the -u option is not specified, the default unit number is 0. Displays all entries in the LAN-Emulation Address Resolution Pro- tocol (LE-ARP) table. DESCRIPTION
Each LAN-Emulation Client interface (displayed as elann in netstat output) has an Address Resolution Protocol (LE-ARP) table that contains mappings of 6-byte medium access control (MAC) addresses to 20-byte Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) addresses. The learp command displays the contents of the LE-ARP table. Each LE-ARP table entry contains the following information: Each MAC address that has been or is being contacted through the ATM-emulated LAN. One of the following state values: AP -- LE-ARP is pending. The ATM address associated with the MAC address is not known. DE -- Delete of the LE-ARP cache entry is pending. When there are no more VCs for a LE-ARP entry, it is marked for deletion. After there is no activity for 5 minutes (age periond), the entry is removed for the cache. FD -- Forward Direct. Packets flowing to the destination are using the data-direct VC. FL -- Flush is pending. A new VC has been established with the remote node and the broadcast channel is being flushed so packets flowing on the new VC will not arrive out of order. VP -- Virtual Channel (VC) setup is pending. The ATM address is known, but no VC is established with the remote node. If known, the 20-byte ATM address associated with the MAC address. One of the fol- lowing flags: R -- Remote entry. The MAC address is on a legacy (that is, Ethernet) network on the back side of an ATM edge device. P -- Permanent entry. The LE-ARP entry is permanent. If known, this is the Virtual Path Identifier (VPI) and the Virtual Channel Identifier (VCI) of the data-direct VC used by packets destined to the MAC address. Many MAC addresses may use the same VC. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output of a learp -a command in which the LE-ARP cache contains five entries: # learp -a le-arp cache con- tains 5 entries. MAC Address State ATM Address Flags VPI/VCI 08-00-2b-01-01-01 (AP) pending 08-00-2b-01-01-02 (VP) 39000000000000000000000000.08002b010102.00 pending 08-00-2b-01-02-02 (FL) 39000000000000000000000000.08002b010203.00 R 0/65 08-00-2b-01-02-03 (FD) 39000000000000000000000000.08002b010203.00 0/65 SEE ALSO
Commands: atmconfig(8), atmelan(8), atmsig(8) learp(8)