Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Four Post 303045351 by Neo on Wednesday 18th of March 2020 12:34:02 AM
Old 03-18-2020
OK.. it worked... forum vb "thanks" were migrated to discourse "thanks":

VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Four-screen-shot-2020-03-18-113003-amjpg

VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Four-screen-shot-2020-03-18-112822-amjpg

I think there may be some counters (like total likes given to a user) which have not updated in the migration; but maybe they will update based on an internal cron. If not, I can easily write code to update the users profile "likes" counter(s).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Removing VBSEO for vbulletin – Reverting back to vbulletin URLs

Please note, this information was copied from vbseo.com, now showing a database error. This is posted for reference since vbSEO seems to be going out of business: If you ever need to uninstall vBSEO , you can use the following instructions. Make sure you carefully follow each step. Login... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
37 Replies

2. Linux

Docker and pipework,ip with other subnet

Recently i found this for give to docker a "personal" ip ip addr del 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0 ip link add link eth0 dev eth0m type macvlan mode bridge ip link set eth0m up ip addr add 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0m route add default gw 10.1.1.1On container i did ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting yocto SDK for docker

Actually I was facing the following issue while building my Yocto SDK on Docker container sudo docker build --tag="akash/eclipse-che:6.5.0-1" --tag="akash/eclipse-che:latest" /home/akash/dockerimage.yocto.support/ Sending build context to Docker daemon 26.93MB Step 1/5 : FROM eclipse/cpp_gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akash BHardwaj
3 Replies

5. Docker

Docker learning Phase-I

Hello All, I had recently learnt a bit of Docker(which provides containerization process). Here are some of my learning points from it. Let us start first with very basic question: What is Docker: Docker is a platform for sysadmins and developers to DEPLOY, DEVELOP and RUN applications ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
7 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Two

OK. Like we all do, we learn a lot from tests, test migrations, and so forth. Today, I started from scratch on test migration 2, armed with a lot more knowledge, The main differences are as follows: Installed discourse plugin ruby-bbcode-to-md before starting the install Modified... (30 Replies)
30 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Under Consideration: Migrate the Forums to Discourse

Dear All, After being active on the Node-RED forum for the last few weeks, I have been very impressed with Discourse, and my eyes have been opened. https://www.discourse.org/ but not the paid /hosted offering, but using the open distribution: https://github.com/discourse/discourse ... (52 Replies)
52 Replies
TIMECOUNTERS(4) 					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					   TIMECOUNTERS(4)

NAME
timecounters -- kernel time counters subsystem SYNOPSIS
The kernel uses several types of time-related devices, such as: real time clocks, time counters and event timers. Real time clocks are responsible for tracking real world time, mostly when the system is down. Time counters are responsible for tracking purposes, when the sys- tem is running. Event timers are responsible for generating interrupts at a specified time or periodically, to run different time-based events. This page is about the second. DESCRIPTION
Time counters are the lowest level of time tracking in the kernel. They provide monotonically increasing timestamps with known width and update frequency. They can overflow, drift, etc and so in raw form can be used only in very limited performance-critical places like the process scheduler. More usable time is created by scaling the values read from the selected time counter and combining it with some offset, regularly updated by tc_windup() on hardclock() invocation. Different platforms provide different kinds of timer hardware. The goal of the time counters subsystem is to provide a unified way to access that hardware. Each driver implementing time counters registers them with the subsystem. It is possible to see the list of present time counters, via the kern.timecounter sysctl(8) variable: kern.timecounter.choice: TSC-low(-100) HPET(950) i8254(0) ACPI-fast(900) dummy(-1000000) kern.timecounter.tc.ACPI-fast.mask: 16777215 kern.timecounter.tc.ACPI-fast.counter: 13467909 kern.timecounter.tc.ACPI-fast.frequency: 3579545 kern.timecounter.tc.ACPI-fast.quality: 900 kern.timecounter.tc.i8254.mask: 65535 kern.timecounter.tc.i8254.counter: 62692 kern.timecounter.tc.i8254.frequency: 1193182 kern.timecounter.tc.i8254.quality: 0 kern.timecounter.tc.HPET.mask: 4294967295 kern.timecounter.tc.HPET.counter: 3013495652 kern.timecounter.tc.HPET.frequency: 14318180 kern.timecounter.tc.HPET.quality: 950 kern.timecounter.tc.TSC-low.mask: 4294967295 kern.timecounter.tc.TSC-low.counter: 4067509463 kern.timecounter.tc.TSC-low.frequency: 11458556 kern.timecounter.tc.TSC-low.quality: -100 The output nodes are defined as follows: kern.timecounter.tc.X.mask is a bitmask, defining valid counter bits, kern.timecounter.tc.X.counter is a present counter value, kern.timecounter.tc.X.frequency is a counter update frequency, kern.timecounter.tc.X.quality is an integral value, defining the quality of this time counter compared to others. A negative value means this time counter is broken and should not be used. The time management code of the kernel chooses one time counter from that list. The current choice can be read and affected via the kern.timecounter.hardware tunable/sysctl. SEE ALSO
attimer(4), eventtimers(4), ffclock(4), hpet(4) BSD
April 12, 2014 BSD