Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script to periodically monitor a process's memory usage Post 303045316 by james101 on Monday 16th of March 2020 12:59:11 PM
Old 03-16-2020
I'm new to bash programming, I started writing a script and after testing it I always get the same error,
Code:
syntax error near unexpected token 'fi'

how to proceed? I run the code on an ec2 aws istance

Code:
    #note that this code is incomplete while loop missing
    #!/usr/bin/bash
    sudo python3 main.py &
    pidlist=$(pidof python3 main.py)
    read FIRST __ <<< "$pidlist"
    echo "$FIRST"
    #memory in percent
    mem=$(ps -p "$FIRST" -o %mem)
    echo "$mem"
    set -- $mem
    memory="$2"
    if [ "$memory" -gt "20.0" ];then
      echo "killing process"
    fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory usage of a process

hi all, i want to write a script that checks the memory usage of processes and send a mail with the name of the process witch is using more then 300mb RAM. dose anybody have a sample script or an idea how i can make it ? PROCCESSES="snmpd sendmail" for myVar in $PROCCESSES do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
7 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor Memory of a process

Hi, I need to monitor the memory usage of a particular process continuously. As of now I am using the following command: ps -fu <user name> -o pid,comm,vsz | grep <process_name> | grep -v grep The output of this command gives me what i need except i want the output to keep getting updated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana485
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How often should I monitor the CPU and memory usage ?

Hi all, When you monitor the CPU and memory usage, how often do you do it ? Do it too often or too rarely will both cause the problem. So does anyone have hand-on experience ? And for my case, the requirement says that when CPU usage is above X% or memory usage is above Y%, I should reject... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to monitor a process memory utilization?

hi frnds, I want to monitor a particular process very closly on how much memory it is taking. i tried with TOP and PRSTAT commands that is not giving what exactly i need. In my application, there is a memory leak happening, i want to know when it is occuering, means which transcation is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory Usage Monitor on Linux/SunOS Servers

ok, so i'm trying to write a shell script (not perl) that monitors memory usage on a server. but i'm confused as to what fields exactly determines that yes, memory is low on a particular server. it sounds simple enough, but it really isn't. what do I look for in the field below? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What to monitor for memory usage?

hi guys I am having a doubt about memory monitoring on linux system what I should be monitoring? memory usage? o swap usage? I am using some monitoring tools but I am confused to what monitor for alerting for example this case looks the memory usage is very high and it's like that all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for logging cpu and memory usage of a Linux process

I am looking for a way to log and graphically display cpu and RAM usage of linux processes over time. Since I couldn't find a simple tool to so (I tried zabbix and munin but installation failed) I started writing a shell script to do so The script file parses the output of top command through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy_dufresne
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)