Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Two Post 303045262 by Neo on Saturday 14th of March 2020 08:11:04 PM
Old 03-14-2020
THIS METHOD DOES NOT WORK
  • Step 1: Dump vb database again and all attachments.
  • Step 2: Transfer to discourse host.
  • Step 3:
    Code:
    discourse=# alter table posts add column vbpostid integer;
    ALTER TABLE
    discourse=#

• Step 4: Moved transferred files to shared directory in docker (shared between docker and host)
  • Step 5: Rebuild staging mysql DB in docker / discourse.
  • Step 5: Run modified vbulletin_neo3.rb migration script.
    Code:
    export IMPORT=1
    su discourse -c 'bundle exec ruby script/import_scripts/vbulletin_neo3.rb'

THIS METHOD DID NOT WORK

I think there are some unknown (to me) status counters for topics and posts, because I did not seem to reimport anything but the news topics / threads since the last import.

So, seems I have little choice if I want to refine (transfer likes, fix ICODE tags) is to start migration from scratch.

Let's see after this "does not seem to be working attempt" completes.

The problem seemed to be with postgres and the fact it is running outside the docker discourse app. But frankly, I don't have time or interest to analyze why this "brute force method" failed.

It's easy enough to start over with all lessons learned from the test migrations.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Removing VBSEO for vbulletin – Reverting back to vbulletin URLs

Please note, this information was copied from vbseo.com, now showing a database error. This is posted for reference since vbSEO seems to be going out of business: If you ever need to uninstall vBSEO , you can use the following instructions. Make sure you carefully follow each step. Login... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
37 Replies

2. Linux

Docker and pipework,ip with other subnet

Recently i found this for give to docker a "personal" ip ip addr del 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0 ip link add link eth0 dev eth0m type macvlan mode bridge ip link set eth0m up ip addr add 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0m route add default gw 10.1.1.1On container i did ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting yocto SDK for docker

Actually I was facing the following issue while building my Yocto SDK on Docker container sudo docker build --tag="akash/eclipse-che:6.5.0-1" --tag="akash/eclipse-che:latest" /home/akash/dockerimage.yocto.support/ Sending build context to Docker daemon 26.93MB Step 1/5 : FROM eclipse/cpp_gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akash BHardwaj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't pass a variable representing the output of lsb_release to a docker dontainer

I don't know why, but the rendering of my code mucks up the spacing and indentation, despite being correct in the original file. I'm having issues getting the following script to run (specifically the nested script at the end of the docker command near the end of the script; I think I'm not passing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Ray
2 Replies

6. Docker

Docker learning Phase-I

Hello All, I had recently learnt a bit of Docker(which provides containerization process). Here are some of my learning points from it. Let us start first with very basic question: What is Docker: Docker is a platform for sysadmins and developers to DEPLOY, DEVELOP and RUN applications ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Under Consideration: Migrate the Forums to Discourse

Dear All, After being active on the Node-RED forum for the last few weeks, I have been very impressed with Discourse, and my eyes have been opened. https://www.discourse.org/ but not the paid /hosted offering, but using the open distribution: https://github.com/discourse/discourse ... (52 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
52 Replies
Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template - A class for creating Pod to Template wiki filters. SYNOPSIS
This module isn't used directly. Instead it is called via "Pod::Simple::Wiki": #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Pod::Simple::Wiki; my $parser = Pod::Simple::Wiki->new('template'); ... Convert Pod to a Template wiki format using the installed "pod2wiki" utility: pod2wiki --style template file.pod > file.wiki DESCRIPTION
This module is used as a boiler plate or example of how to create a new "Pod::Simple::Wiki::" module. See the Portme section below. The "Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template" module is used for converting Pod text to Wiki text. Pod (Plain Old Documentation) is a simple markup language used for writing Perl documentation. For an introduction to Template see: http://www.portme.org This module isn't generally invoked directly. Instead it is called via "Pod::Simple::Wiki". See the Pod::Simple::Wiki and pod2wiki documentation for more information. PORTME
This module is used as a boiler plate or example of how to create a new "Pod::Simple::Wiki::" module. If you are thinking of creating a new "Pod::Simple::Wiki::" you should use this module as a basis. Portme. Any comments in the code or documentation that begin with or contain the word "portme" are intended for the "porter", the person who is creating the new module. You should read all of the "portme" comments and eventully delete them when the module is finished. The following are some suggested steps in porting the module. For the sake of example say we wish to convert Pod to a format called "portmewiki". Also for the sake of this example we will assume that you know how to install and work on a module or work on it in a local source tree using "-I./lib" or "-Mblib". Portme Step 1 Fork, clone or download the latest version of "Pod::Simple::Wiki" from the github repository: http://github.com/jmcnamara/pod-simple-wiki/ Copy the "/lib/Pod/Simple/Wiki/Template.pm" to a new module "/lib/Pod/Simple/Wiki/Portmewiki.pm". The module name should have the first letter capitalised and all others lowercase, i.e, the same as returned by "ucfirst()". Portme Step 2 Edit the module and replace all instances of "Template" with "Portmewiki" (case sensitive). Then replace all instances of "template" with "portmewiki" (case sensitive). Portme Step 3 The module should now work and can now be called as follows: use Pod::Simple::Wiki; my $parser = Pod::Simple::Wiki->new('portmewiki'); The default output format, in this configuration is Kwiki. Portme Step 4 Write some tests. Copy the tests in the "/t" directory for one of formats that is similar to the format that you are porting. Portme Step 5 Modify the source of "Portmewiki.pm" until all the tests pass and you are happy with the output format. Start by modifying the "tags" and then move on to the other methods. If you encounter problems then you can turn on internal debugging: my $parser = Pod::Simple::Wiki->new('portmewiki'); $parser->_debug(1); Or for more debug information that you can deal with: # At the start of your program and before anything else: use Pod::Simple::Debug(5); ... $parser->_debug(0); If you find yourself with a difficult porting issue then you may also wish to read Pod::Simple::Methody and Pod::Simple::Subclassing. Try to maintain the code style of this module. See the source for more information. Portme Step 6 Remove or replace all "portme" comments. Portme Step 7 Send me a git pull request or the tarred directory with libs and tests and I'll release it to CPAN. METHODS
Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template inherits all of the methods of "Pod::Simple" and "Pod::Simple::Wiki". See Pod::Simple and Pod::Simple::Wiki for more details. Template Specific information Portme: Add some information specific to the Template format or this module here. If required. SEE ALSO
This module also installs a "pod2wiki" command line utility. See "pod2wiki --help" for details. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to Portme McPortme and Portme O'Portme for patches, documentation or bugfixes. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
Please refer to the DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY in Pod::Simple::Wiki. AUTHORS
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org Portme McPortme portme@portme.org COPYRIGHT
X MMIII-MMVIII, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-08-28 Pod::Simple::Wiki::Template(3pm)