Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script should keep running only at specific time Post 303045251 by Syedsabeel on Saturday 14th of March 2020 11:52:48 AM
Old 03-14-2020
We have procedure to stop we used to kill the process. For start we have to go bin path and have to start using ./start.sh.

--- Post updated at 04:52 PM ---

Stuck or failure data will be around 100. I can clear it later.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending script at specific time.

Hello Everybody.. I've written the script that kick off through CRON job and kill itself by specific time. I've start time and end time specify in env file. i.e START_TIME=1500 (03:00 PM) END_TIME=0600 (06:00 AM) It always works good if my START_TIME is before midnight and my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirav_soni
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running batches of files at a time from a script

Hi I have a script that performs a process on a file. I want to know how to include a function to run a batch of files? Here is my script #!/bin/bash #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help to optimize script running time

Dear Forum experts I have the below script which I made to run under bash shell, it runs perfectly for low records number, let us say like 100000. when I put all records (3,000,000), it's takes hours can you please suggest anything to optimize or to run in different way :-| {OFS="|";... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in running a script after a particular time

Unix Gurus, I have a requirement where the shell script needs to do specific tasks after certain period of time. Daily we receive few files in a particular folder. The script does the file renaming, pass parameters to run some web services and pushes to remote FTP location. But my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankar1dada
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know the exact running time of script!

Hi All, newbie here, I'm just wondering how can i know the exact running time of my script? Please advise, THanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for get lines with specific time.

i want to make a script for grep any lines with key word and every time (5 min) Ex. Log in Server. . . . 03-01-2012 03:07:54,924 - INFO MessageUtil - Return | Status=0 | TxID=12010300000548755292 | Message=Success 03-01-2012 03:09:13,789 - INFO MessageUtil - Return | Status=0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with kill a specific process after certain running time

Hi, Do anybody experience to write a bash script in order to kill a specific process (java) after certain time of running? eg. java java.jar task_run.txt I will run a java program (java.jar) which will run a long list of process (task_run.txt) one by one. I plan to terminate the java... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting time for running of the script

Dear all, I wonder if it is possible that we can run the script from time to time..I meant, it should repeat the sourcing of the script by itself? In my case, I need to source this script manually from time to time, like once in every 10 minutes. emily, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Example of running script with time limits?

Hi, I want to write a script that does some sort of health check on the database. It will query the database for information, some query takes long and some are quick. For example, inside the script I will do something as below: #!/bin/ksh run_query_01 & run_query_02 &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script in crontab in a specific directory

I am trying to run a script from crontab but the entire script (which is 70+ lines) is written in bash and I need it to run from a certain directory. So when I run it manually I cd to /local/mnt/scr and then type ./reordersc and it works fine. However, I want it to run from the crontab and I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
20 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux