Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers AIX UNIX user mail in outlook Post 303045226 by big123456 on Saturday 14th of March 2020 04:40:08 AM
Old 03-14-2020
Thank you.
I populated .forward file.
The mail was transfered to the address which is in .forward file but not given to main receiver (imap user).
What to do for imap user receives also that mailand application process it?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix IMAP e-mail via Outlook showing +10 hours

Multiple users at my work are connecting to a UNIX IMAP e- mail server via Outlook 2003 that is creating a small problem. Random new e-mails repeat themselves up to 3 times with an additional 10 hours added to them of when the original arrived. i.e Original e-mail marked arrived at 10:00am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkady
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem sending mail to outlook

i'm a avid fan of making the output of my scripts look pretty. so as a result i put in my scripts a lot of lines that are formed by either ****** or ======= now, outlook seems to have a problem with that. it always removes something that it calls "line breakers" from the emails my scripts send... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX mail to Outlook 2003

I'm trying to move a users multiple folders (archieved email) from a Solaris UNIX system to Outlook 2003. The user accesses the mail via ELM and folder are kept on his home drive, not under /var/mail. I was told I can use either IMAP and/or POP3 to connect to the UNIX server from outlook and just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpennell
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read outlook mails for a particular user and store that mail description in a excel/notepad

My requirements are :- Remote connection to the another server with log in credential. Read the mail from a particular user with date,subject and contents and store these data in XLs with consecutive columns (date,subject and contents). Mail that XLs to multiple user those are in a mailing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjan001
3 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Outlook Mail Rule issue- not reaching the unix server

Hi All, I' m having a pretty strange issue, when I sent an outlook email that is forwarded by rule for example (email sent every day at certain time) to the server is not going through, i cant see it arriving at the Maildir or i have also a procmail rule log that also not reaching... could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyline88
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

9. Linux

Send mail to outlook

Hello Guys, I have a requirement to send an email to outlook from unix script. I have used the below stuff to send an email and it worked on machine A but not on machine B. Please find their versions. Machine A ) Linux xxx 2.4.9-e.40enterprise #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 16:43:01 EDT 2004 i686 unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX mail Format issue : Outlook 2007 and 2013

Hi, I prepare one backup report which drop mail with backup report. Same report looks different in outlook 2013. e.g : In outlook 2013 ( its a dummy example only ) : Server Instance Database Backup Time Status ------------------- --------- --------- -------------- ----------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteshtheone
5 Replies
msgchk(1)						      General Commands Manual							 msgchk(1)

NAME
msgchk - check for messages (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
msgchk [-help] [-nodate] [-notify all | | | mail | | | nomail] [users ... ] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options for this command. Prints the date when you last read your mail. This is the default behavior of msgchk. The -nodate option can be used of you do not want to print this date. Indicates under what circumstances msgchk should produce a message. There are three legal values: all, mail, and nomail. The default is -notify all, which reports the status of the maildrop regardless of whether it has mail in it or not. The -notify mail option reports the status of the maildrop only if there is mail waiting. The -notify nomail option reports the status of the maildrop only if there is no mail in it. Specifies the source which are checked for mail. The only value allowed is file, which is the user's maildrop. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. DESCRIPTION
The msgchk program checks all known mail drops for mail that is waiting for you. It displays whether you have mail waiting to be read or not and shows the date that you last read your mail. You can check other user's maildrops by specifying their user names as the users argument on the command line. RESTRICTIONS
msgchk does not understand the $MAILDROP environmental variable. If mail is fetched from a location other than /usr/spool/mail/$USER, msgchk will not be able to determine if new mail has arrived. However, inc can still be used to fetch mail when it arrives. For this version, the -source option only supports the value file. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. EXAMPLES
This example shows a user Smith checking his own maildrop: % msgchk Smith: New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1988 17:21:49 WET The next example shows a user checking the maildrops of two other local users on the same system, Rabb and Jones: % msgchk Rabb Jones Rabb: No file-source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1997 13:22:25 WET Jones: New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1997 17:30:05 WET FILES
The user profile. The system customization file. The user's maildrop. SEE ALSO
inc(1) msgchk(1)