Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Two Post 303045180 by Neo on Friday 13th of March 2020 05:03:20 AM
Old 03-13-2020
Migration notes, tentative plans, ideas:
  • When I finishing migrating and testing and have a working discourse forum for the site I will open up the forum to all to visit and test.
  • I will not turn off the main forums anytime soon and have no plans to turn off or change www.unix.com.
  • The new forum will reside at discourse.unix.com.
  • We will keep both sites for the time being, maybe indefinitely.
  • If the testing goes well, and everyone is happy, I will set www.unix.com to read-only (reference) until sometime into the future.
  • If the testing goes well, and everyone is happy, new posts will be at the new discourse site.

More to come.... this is going to work, based on what I am seeing.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Removing VBSEO for vbulletin – Reverting back to vbulletin URLs

Please note, this information was copied from vbseo.com, now showing a database error. This is posted for reference since vbSEO seems to be going out of business: If you ever need to uninstall vBSEO , you can use the following instructions. Make sure you carefully follow each step. Login... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
37 Replies

2. Linux

Docker and pipework,ip with other subnet

Recently i found this for give to docker a "personal" ip ip addr del 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0 ip link add link eth0 dev eth0m type macvlan mode bridge ip link set eth0m up ip addr add 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0m route add default gw 10.1.1.1On container i did ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting yocto SDK for docker

Actually I was facing the following issue while building my Yocto SDK on Docker container sudo docker build --tag="akash/eclipse-che:6.5.0-1" --tag="akash/eclipse-che:latest" /home/akash/dockerimage.yocto.support/ Sending build context to Docker daemon 26.93MB Step 1/5 : FROM eclipse/cpp_gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akash BHardwaj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't pass a variable representing the output of lsb_release to a docker dontainer

I don't know why, but the rendering of my code mucks up the spacing and indentation, despite being correct in the original file. I'm having issues getting the following script to run (specifically the nested script at the end of the docker command near the end of the script; I think I'm not passing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Ray
2 Replies

6. Docker

Docker learning Phase-I

Hello All, I had recently learnt a bit of Docker(which provides containerization process). Here are some of my learning points from it. Let us start first with very basic question: What is Docker: Docker is a platform for sysadmins and developers to DEPLOY, DEVELOP and RUN applications ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Under Consideration: Migrate the Forums to Discourse

Dear All, After being active on the Node-RED forum for the last few weeks, I have been very impressed with Discourse, and my eyes have been opened. https://www.discourse.org/ but not the paid /hosted offering, but using the open distribution: https://github.com/discourse/discourse ... (52 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
52 Replies
Test::Without::Module(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Test::Without::Module(3)

NAME
Test::Without::Module - Test fallback behaviour in absence of modules SYNOPSIS
use Test::Without::Module qw( My::Module ); # Now, loading of My::Module fails : eval { require My::Module; }; warn $@ if $@; # Now it works again eval q{ no Test::Without::Module qw( My::Module ) }; eval { require My::Module; }; print "Found My::Module" unless $@; DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to deliberately hide modules from a program even though they are installed. This is mostly useful for testing modules that have a fallback when a certain dependency module is not installed. EXPORT None. All magic is done via "use Test::Without::Module LIST" and "no Test::Without::Module LIST". Test::Without::Module::get_forbidden_list This function returns a reference to a copy of the current hash of forbidden modules or an empty hash if none are currently forbidden. This is convenient if you are testing and/or debugging this module. ONE LINER
A neat trick for using this module from the command line was mentioned to me by NUFFIN and by Jerrad Pierce: perl -MTest::Without::Module=Some::Module -w -Iblib/lib t/SomeModule.t That way, you can easily see how your module or test file behaves when a certain module is unavailable. BUGS
o There is no lexical scoping CREDITS
Much improvement must be thanked to Aristotle from PerlMonks, he pointed me to a much less convoluted way to fake a module at <http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node=192635>. I also discussed with him an even more elegant way of overriding CORE::GLOBAL::require, but the parsing of the overridden subroutine didn't work out the way I wanted it - CORE::require didn't recognize barewords as such anymore. NUFFIN and Jerrad Pierce pointed out the convenient use from the command line to interactively watch the behaviour of the test suite and module in absence of a module. AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 2003-2009 Max Maischein, <corion@cpan.org> LICENSE
This module is released under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Devel::Hide, Acme::Intraweb, PAR, perlfunc perl v5.16.3 2009-01-18 Test::Without::Module(3)