Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Two Post 303045172 by Neo on Friday 13th of March 2020 01:23:43 AM
Old 03-13-2020
I check the migration of all vB forums and sub (child) forums to discourse categories.

This works fine; and it will only takes a few hours of time, once done, to reorganize the categories to make certain categories the parent or child category of another.

I think I'll ask one of our mods to volunteer for that task.

Anyone interested to do this, once I get 'final port" done?

Also, confirmed..... bbcode tags to markdown plugin is not working. Will have to fix this before the next test run.

still migrating....

Code:
importing posts...
   114156 / 651550 ( 17.5%)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Removing VBSEO for vbulletin – Reverting back to vbulletin URLs

Please note, this information was copied from vbseo.com, now showing a database error. This is posted for reference since vbSEO seems to be going out of business: If you ever need to uninstall vBSEO , you can use the following instructions. Make sure you carefully follow each step. Login... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
37 Replies

2. Linux

Docker and pipework,ip with other subnet

Recently i found this for give to docker a "personal" ip ip addr del 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0 ip link add link eth0 dev eth0m type macvlan mode bridge ip link set eth0m up ip addr add 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0m route add default gw 10.1.1.1On container i did ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting yocto SDK for docker

Actually I was facing the following issue while building my Yocto SDK on Docker container sudo docker build --tag="akash/eclipse-che:6.5.0-1" --tag="akash/eclipse-che:latest" /home/akash/dockerimage.yocto.support/ Sending build context to Docker daemon 26.93MB Step 1/5 : FROM eclipse/cpp_gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akash BHardwaj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't pass a variable representing the output of lsb_release to a docker dontainer

I don't know why, but the rendering of my code mucks up the spacing and indentation, despite being correct in the original file. I'm having issues getting the following script to run (specifically the nested script at the end of the docker command near the end of the script; I think I'm not passing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Ray
2 Replies

6. Docker

Docker learning Phase-I

Hello All, I had recently learnt a bit of Docker(which provides containerization process). Here are some of my learning points from it. Let us start first with very basic question: What is Docker: Docker is a platform for sysadmins and developers to DEPLOY, DEVELOP and RUN applications ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Under Consideration: Migrate the Forums to Discourse

Dear All, After being active on the Node-RED forum for the last few weeks, I have been very impressed with Discourse, and my eyes have been opened. https://www.discourse.org/ but not the paid /hosted offering, but using the open distribution: https://github.com/discourse/discourse ... (52 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
52 Replies
tingea.log(7)							  MISCELLANEOUS 						     tingea.log(7)

NAME
      tingea.log - How to set the Tingea log parameters

DESCRIPTION
      The  Tingea  logging framework is part of the Tingea library.  In this context logging means that a pgrogram issues statements about what it
      is doing. It can do so for different purposes and at different levels of verbosity. By default logging statements are written on STDERR.

Tingea logging provides a quick and easy way for programmers to associate verbosity levels with logging statements.  Only logging statements
      for which the verbosity level does not exceed the user-imposed threshold will be executed.  Users can easily regulate the verbosity level by
      setting the environment variable TINGEA_LOG_TAG.	Alternatively, programs may accept a command line argument.  The format accepted  by  both
      environment  variable  and command line argument is identical.  For the command line the programmer is free in choosing the option name.	It
      is customarily named -q.	The availability of such an option may vary from program to program.  However, any program that makes use  of  the
      Tingea logging facilities can be regulated with the TINGEA_LOG_TAG environment variable.	If a -q type option is present and the environment
      variable is set, then the environment variable is interpreted first followed by the -q argument.

Tingea logging allows a programmer to assign categories to logging statements. The categories FUNCTION and DATA have a  subdivision  ranging
      from fine-grained to coarse-grained. The categorie MONITORING has a subdivision ranging from low priority to high priority.  The other cate-
      gories are unimodal. These are IO, THREAD, PROCESS, and GAUGE. Three unspecified unimodal categories are SLOT1, SLOT2, and SLOT3.  They  can
      be used to encode program-specific semantics.

The  programmer  may  assign multiple categories to a single logging statement.  It is unusual for more than two categories to be specified.
      For example, IO and DATA at the LIST level may be combined to indicate a logging statement that provides data summaries  for  a  certain	IO
      related information. In order of granularity the DATA levels are CELL, LIST, and AGGREGRATE. If the user accepts IO logging and accepts DATA
      logging at level CELL or LIST the statement will be executed. If no IO logging is accepted or DATA logging is only accepted  at  the  AGGRE-
      GRATE level, the statement will be skipped.

By  default,  all  categories  that are specified by the programmer need to pass the threshold specified by the user for that category.  The
      user may relax this requirement so that only one category needs to pass the user threshold. In the above example, the statement  categorized
      as both IO and DATA at LIST level will be accepted if the user specifies IO and DATA at AGGR level with OR semantics.

SYNTAX
      The syntax of the TINGEA_LOG_TAG environment variable is described by

[[189x]]{<[dfgimpstABC][1-9]>*,[V]}

which  translates to the following. An optional lead tag is followed by a concatenation of units. A unit is either a pair in [dfgimpstABC] x
      [1-9x] or the single character V.  The leading tag semantics are described further below.  The single character  V,  if  present,  specifies
      that OR semantics should be used rather than the default AND semantics. The semantics for the other units are given below.

d     DATA
		  1  CELL
		  2  LIST
		  3  AGGR
		  x  turned off

f     FUNCTION
		  1  LINE
		  2  FUNCTION
		  3  MODULE
		  4  APPLICATION
		  x  turned off

m     MONITORING
		  1  DEBUG
		  2  INFO
		  3  WARNING
		  4  ERROR
		  5  PANIC
		  x  turned off

g     GAUGE	|
	 i     IO	|
	 n     NETWORK	|
	 p     PROCESS	|  (Inter Process really)
	 t     THREAD	|______  1 on
			|	 x off
	 A     SLOT1	|
	 B     SLOT2	|
	 C     SLOT3	|

The  leading  tag  can be used to set levels for all categories at once.	Subsequent units may then alter this intial setting.  The lead tag
      settings and their meaning are these:

1     d1f1m1g1i1p1s1t1A1B1C1	  # very yappy
	 9     d3f4m5gxixpxsxtxAxBxCx	  # very terse, only d f m
	 8     d3f4m5g1i1p1s1t1A1B1C1	  # less terse
	 x     dxfxmxgxixpxsxtxAxBxCx	  # silent

All categories accept values between 1 and 9 in addition to the value x. As seen above, only a few categories contain more  than	one  level
      and no category contains more than five levels.  The rule is that if a level exceeds the maximul level available for a category it is simply
      interpreted as the maximum level.

The GAUGE category, if set, indicates that a program may write line based progress bars or other output in which a single  line  is  accumu-
      lated  over  multiple  statements.  This	implies that a single GAUGE logging statement may not result in newline-terminated output. This is
      undesirable in case the logging stream is directed to a file that is written to by other applications as well. In that case, turn off GAUGE.
      All other categories are garantueed to result in line-terminated output, by virtue of the programmer contract.

AUTHOR
      Stijn van Dongen.

tingea.log 12-068						      8 Mar 2012						       tingea.log(7)