Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Comment an xml file (beginning and end of the line) Post 303045134 by kenshinhimura on Thursday 12th of March 2020 11:59:51 AM
Old 03-12-2020
Im gonna do this, to thousand servers. Im planning to script it via for loop.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat a file from end to beginning

Is there an option, for cat, head, tail, or is there any way, to display a file from last line to first? For example, my file looks like this: aaaa bbbb cccc eeee and I would like to print or display it like this: eeee cccc bbbb aaaa thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert two strings at the beginning and at the end of each line of a file

Hi, excuse me for my poor english. My problem is that: I have a File i want to add to each line of that file two strings: one at the beginning of the line, one at the ending. string1="abcd" string2="efgh" i want $string1 content $string2 for each line. Is that possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux-fueled
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Placing a comment at the beginning of a line

Hello - I am running Linux. I want to place a comment char at the beginning of a line in a file. For example: testvar=`grep username /etc/people sed -e 's/$testvar/#$testvar/g' /etc/people I cannot get the above commands to put a comment at the beginning of the line. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlike
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to comment out lines to the end of file

Hello, I have a file as follow a b c c d d e I would like to write a awk command to insert # from the first occurence of "c" to the end of the files. OUTPUT should be like this a b #c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify beginning-of-line/end-of-line characters inside a regex range

How can I specify special meaning characters like ^ or $ inside a regex range. e.g Suppose I want to search for a string that either starts with '|' character or begins with start-of-line character. I tried the following but it does not work: sed 's/\(\)/<do something here>/g' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to add text to beginning and end of each line

Well here goes: I tried to write a batch file that adds a specific fixed text to each line of an already existing text file. for the adding text infront of each line I tried this: for /F "delims=" %%j in (list.txt) do echo.STARTTEXT\%%j >> list.txt for adding text after each line I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line

How would you do vim copy line and paste at the beginning, middle, and end of another line. I know yy copies the whole line and p pastes the whole line, but on its own separate line. Sometimes I would like to copy a line to the beginning, middle, or end of another line. I would think this would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment a line of the patterns is a the beginning of the line

I need to comment the lines starting with pattern "exclude" or "exclude=". If the work exclude comes at any other part, ignore it. Also, ignore, excludes, excluded etc. Ie only comment the line starting with exclude. File contents. exclude exclude= hi I am excluded excludes excludes= ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - Add a variable line to the end of a block beginning with a regex

Hi, Need some help with sed. I have a file that has sections : e.g. a=blah b=blah d=blah e=blah There's many sections in the file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andyatit
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new line at beginning and end of a file

Hi, I have a specific requirement to add text at the beginning and end of a plain text file. I tried to use "sed" with '1i' and '$a' flags but these required two separate "sed" commands separated with "|". I am looking for some command/option to join these two in single command parameter. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
6 Replies
dhcp_modules(5) 					Standards, Environments, and Macros					   dhcp_modules(5)

NAME
dhcp_modules - data storage modules for the DHCP service DESCRIPTION
This man page describes the characteristics of data storage modules (public modules) for use by the Solaris Dynamic Host Configuration Pro- tocol (DHCP) service. Public modules are the part of the DHCP service architecture that encapsulate the details of storing DHCP service data in a data storage service. Examples of data storage services are NIS+, Oracle, and ufs file systems. Public modules are dynamic objects which can be shipped separately from the Solaris DHCP service. Once installed, a public module is visi- ble to the DHCP service, and can be selected for use by the service through the DHCP service management interfaces (dhcpmgr(1M), dhcpcon- fig(1M), dhtadm(1M), and pntadm(1M)). Public modules may be provided by Sun Microsystems, Inc or by third parties. The Solaris DHCP service management architecture provides a mechanism for plugging in public module-specific administration functionality into the dhcpmgr(1M) and dhcpconfig(1M) utilities. This functionality is in the form of a Java Bean, which is provided by the public module vendor. This Java Bean collects public module-specific configuration from the user (you) and provides it to the Solaris DHCP service. The Solaris DHCP service bundles three modules with the service, which are described below. There are three dhcpsvc.conf(4) DHCP service configuration parameters pertaining to public modules: RESOURCE, PATH, and RESOURCE_CONFIG. See dhcpsvc.conf(4) for more information about these parameters. SUNWfiles This module stores its data in ASCII files. Although the format is ASCII, hand-editing is discouraged. It is useful for DHCP service envi- ronments that support several hundred to a couple thousand of clients and lease times are a few hours or more. This module's data may be shared between DHCP servers through the use of NFS. SUNWbinfiles This module stores its data in binary files. It is useful for DHCP service environments with many networks and many thousands of clients. This module provides an order of magnitude increase in performance and capacity over SUNWfiles. This module's data cannot be shared between DHCP servers. SUNWnisplus This module stores its data within a NIS+ domain. It is useful in environments where NIS+ is already deployed and facilitates sharing among multiple DHCP servers. This module suports several hundred to a few thousand clients with lease times of several hours or more. The NIS+ service should be hosted on a machine with ample CPU power, memory, and disk space, as the load on NIS+ is significant when it is used to store DHCP data. Periodic checkpointing of the NIS+ service is necessary in order to roll the transaction logs and keep the NIS+ service operating at its highest efficiency. See nisping(1M) and crontab(1) for more information. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), dhcpconfig(1M), dhcpmgr(1M), dhtadm(1M), nisping(1M), pntadm(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide SunOS 5.10 24 Jan 2003 dhcp_modules(5)