Sponsored Content
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX & LINUX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) Linux Benchmarks Filesystem Benchmarks for HDDs and SSDs Post 303045050 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 11th of March 2020 07:03:46 AM
Old 03-11-2020
Thanks a TON stomp for sharing this, please keep it up Smilie

Thanks,
R. Singh

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Instructions for UNIX Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: Unzip or Untar STEP 3: make STEP 4: Run STEP: 5: Please login to www.unix.com and post test results along with platform info to: Include (if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

hdds physically

Hi, I've a HP-UX 10x running on HP9000 box and also I have 3 scsi hdd(9Gb), one of them is working. I need to check the other 2 hdd physically. Is there an utility to check them from unix or another way to do it? Thanks.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding Benchmarks

I need a little clarification in understanding why there would be a need for a benchmark file when used with a backup script. Logically thinking would tell me that the backups itself(backuptest.tgz) would have the time created and etc. So what would be the purpose of such a file: touch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies

5. Solaris

SPARC T4-1/Solaris 11/Add 2 new HDDs in RAID 0 configuration

Hi, Couple of sentences for background: I'm a software developer, whose task was to create a server software for our customer. Software is ready for deployment and customer has a new T4-1 SPARC, but somehow it also became my task also to setup the server. I have managed to get the server is up... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: julumme
13 Replies

6. AIX

IBM AIX 5.2 cloning Hdds

I have an old IBM Power 5 9111-520 that has data on it but the system is failing. I need to move it to a more reliable server. The current system has two drives and no raid. I would like to setup my "newer" system with raid and two partitions then clone my setup over. What is the best way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BDC80
2 Replies
Tangram::Type(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Tangram::Type(3pm)

NAME
Tangram::Type - mapping individual fields DESCRIPTION
Tangram's persistent type system is extensible, allowing you to mount your own types and make them persistent. All you have to do is to register your type and provide mapping code. See Tangram::Type::Extending. Tangram comes with built-in support for the following types: Simple Scalar types Supported are strings, integers, real numbers and dates. More types of this ilk are easily added. "string", "int", "real": see Tangram::Type::Scalar "date", "time", "datetime", "dmdatetime": see "Date/Type/Date/DateTime" in Tangram::Type Compound Structure types "perl_dump": see Tangram::Type::Dump::Perl. A "perl_dump" structure may contain any structure which Data::Dumper can dump success- fully. "storable": see Tangram::Type::Dump::Storable. Very much like "perl_dump", but implemented via the `Storable' serialisation engine. "yaml": see Tangram::Type::Dump::YAML. Very much like "perl_dump", but implemented via the `YAML' serialisation engine. Doesn't cur- rently work, due to inadequacies in the current Perl YAML implementation. NEW in Tangram 2.08: "idbif": see Tangram::Type::Dump::Any. Like the above, but can combine multiple object properties into a single database column. `Flat' Array & Hash types Note: these are only actually required if you need to be able to query on individual fields inside the array/hash - otherwise, the "perl_dump" or "idbif" mapping is a lot faster and more flexible. "flat_array": see "Array/Scalar" in Tangram::Type "flat_hash": see "Hash/Scalar" in Tangram::Type References to other objects "ref": see Tangram::Type::Ref::FromMany (implementing an N to 1 relationship, in which any object can be the referant) Sets of other objects Set relationships are closest to the main type of relationship used in an RDBMS. Avid CompSci students will know that the relational database model is based heavily on `Set Theory', which is a subset of a more general concept of `Categories' - generic couplings of a number of classes. In Perl space, these collections are represented via the Set::Object module. Sets may not have duplicate elements, and cannot contain undef values. "set": see Tangram::Type::Set::FromMany (implementing an unordered N to N relationship, with all objects sharing a common base class) "iset": see Tangram::Type::Set::FromOne (implementing an unordered 1 to N relationship, with all objects sharing a common base class) Arrays of other objects The addition to Sets, you can have `Arrays' of objects, represented by a standard Perl array in memory. Arrays may contain undef val- ues (in the middle of the list), and the "array" type may contain duplicates (ie, the same element present in seperate places in the list). "array" : see Tangram::Type::Array::FromMany (implementing an ordered N to N relationship, with all objects sharing a common base class) "iarray": see Tangram::Type::Array::FromOne (implementing an ordered 1 to N relationship, with all objects sharing a common base class) Hashes of other objects Much like the Array types, the Hash types are indexed via a string value, and represented as a Perl hash in memory. These hashes may not contain undef values (those are dropped). The "hash" type may contain duplicate elements. "hash" : see Tangram::Type::Hash::FromMany (implementing a keyed N to N relationship, with all objects sharing a common base class) "ihash": see Tangram::Type::Hash::FromOne (implementing a keyed 1 to N relationship, with all objects sharing a common base class) perl v5.8.8 2006-03-29 Tangram::Type(3pm)