Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Header in mobile version UNIX.com Post 303044883 by nezabudka on Saturday 7th of March 2020 05:01:59 AM
Old 03-07-2020
Header in mobile version UNIX.com

Hello everybody.
I am not very good with phones.
I have a very weak Alcatel U3 phone. Chrome browser. Can I somehow remove the black title in the settings? For example, if I want to type in landscape mode, the on-screen keyboard is displayed plus the site header plus the browser header that is not removable then there is no place even to see what I am typing. Or do I just need to throw this phone away? Smilie I'll try to send screenshots from the phone.
Thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile App for UNIX.com?

Do we have a mobile app for unix.com? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile Friendly Version of UNIX.COM

Hello, I have noticed some problems with Google complaining our site is not "https://search.google.com/www.usearch-console/mobile-friendly" using only Tapatalk. So, after a lot of work, I have re-enabled our legacy mobile style and make some improvements and Google has declared us "mobile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Prototyping New Responsive Mobile UNIX.COM

I'm working on updates to the mobile phone view, and it's going to look much better I think. Here are some current prototypes: Prototype Mobile Home Page: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture690.jpg Prototype Mobile Search Page: ... (43 Replies)
43 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

New UNIX.COM Mobile Site Icons

Having given up for the time being with a very difficult game engine project to virtualizing cyberspace, am working on the forums again. Just updated a few icons on the mobile site. Explanations in the picture captions: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums214-picture855.jpeg ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
gnokiid(8)							      gnokii								gnokiid(8)

NAME
gnokiid - create a virtual modem for old Nokia mobile phones SYNOPSIS
gnokiid gnokiid [--help|--version|--debug] DESCRIPTION
gnokiid is a tool from the gnokii tool suite used to create a virtual modem device with a Nokia portable telephone. The virtual modem device is usually accessed via a symbolic link called /dev/gnokii (created automatically by mgnokiidev(8)). Please note that you don't need a virtual modem when you have real modem accepting AT Hayes commands (most of the modern phones). gnokiid was written for the phones that supported data transfer but didn't expose AT layer (namely Nokia 6110, 6130, 6150, 5110, 5130). After gnokiid has created the virtual modem, it can be accessed like any other Hayes-compatible modem by such programs as the terminal pro- gram minicom(1) or the PPP daemon pppd(8) to make standard data connections to remote computers. The full range of portable telephone functions (SMS messaging, phone book, operator logos, etc.) are accessed using the command-line pro- gram gnokii(1) or the graphical interface program xgnokii(1x). gnokii is a Linux/Unix tool suite and (eventually) modem/fax driver for Nokia mobile phones, released under the GPL. gnokii supports most phones from the 3810/8110 and 5110/6110 series, details including bugs specific to each series appear in the files Docs/README-3810 and Docs/README-6110 respectively. OPTIONS
If called without any options, gnokiid will set up a virtual modem device using the settings in gnokii(1) config file (if it exists). Oth- erwise, --help print out a short usage message --version print out version, copyright, phone, and serial device info --debug uses STDIN/STDOUT for a virtual modem DIAGNOSTICS
Various error messages are printed to STDERR. BUGS
Hmmm... AUTHOR
Hugh Blemings <hugh at blemings dot org> and Pavel Janik ml. <Pavel.Janik at suse dot cz> are the authors of the gnokii tool suite. This manual page was written by Erik Rossen <rossen at freesurf dot ch>. See also Docs/CREDITS from the gnokii sources. COPYING
This program is distributed under the GNU Public License Version 2, or (at your option) any later version.. SEE ALSO
gnokii, xgnokii, mgnokiidev Erik Rossen May 27, 2001 gnokiid(8)