Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Posix Attributes
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Posix Attributes Post 303044880 by manjotsc on Saturday 7th of March 2020 04:13:53 AM
Old 03-07-2020
Posix Attributes

I can somebody help me find list of posix attributes for object class, for exemple posixGroup, posixUser etc.

Thanks,
In Advance

Last edited by vbe; 03-07-2020 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: typos

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp and file attributes

Good day Does anyone have an idea on how I can rcp a file together with its attributes. owner,group, permissions ? Regards J (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file attributes

how do we set file attributes at shell prompt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytechpro
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find system attributes

hi, i am very- very new to unix i have os - sun solaris 5.9 and i want to learn more about system attributes for example, the make - model of machine , operating system & patch versions can somebody tell me a usefull command to learn these? any help would be apreciated, regards to all,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merope
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file attributes

How to retrieve file attributes in a sh/bash script (modification time, access time, size, etc.)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitori
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file attributes and exception

hi, I want to know the date the file was created or modified. I can do this using ls, ll -ltr etc... I want to do this in a function (so If the file date is older then a week I can report it), is there a way? another thing... In sql function, I can catch exceptions, is there a way to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krem
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with any ls attributes

I got a server (test server) that hangs anytime we run a ls attribute like ls -ltr or ls -al. We can run ls | more command with no problem. But getting back to the ls attribute problem, it just sits and hangs, I did a ps -ef | grep ls, and a user had 15 sessions of ls -al running, I killed those,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with can't get execution attributes

Hi Gurus, I am trying to create a FS using SVM but system is throwing the following error. newfs /dev/md/rdsk/d1002 newfs: construct a new file system /dev/md/rdsk/d1002: (y/n)? y /usr/sbin/clri: can't get execution attributes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

8. AIX

Identify User Attributes

SOS Guys... Is there any way to determine the user attributes, mainly if that userid is set as never expire? I do not have admin rights, and I'm working on AIX 5.3 I've tried : lsuser -f <username> but no luck on that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove attributes of a file?

Hello, I opened a file by accident (with a java program, which has been uninstalled!) and from then on, all the file with .fasta extension has been changed with an icon (So annoying!!) and the file attributes has been changed with the property: Type: application/x-wine-extension-fasta type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File attributes ????

I'm trying to sort out the charing of a problem folder, in the 'ls -l' list is shows as: d???????????? ? ? ? ? ? Pi-Share PiShare is the name of the directory, all the ??s make no sense to me at all, and no user (there are only two, pi and root) can make any changes to it.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
4 Replies
LOCALEDEF(1)							   GNU C Library						      LOCALEDEF(1)

NAME
localedef - compile locale definition files SYNOPSIS
localedef [-f charmapfile] [-i inputfile] [--force] [--verbose] [--posix] [--quiet] outputpath localedef --version localedef --help DESCRIPTION
The localedef program reads the indicated charmap and input files, compiles them to a form usable by the locale(7) functions in the C library, and places the six output files in the outputpath directory or in one archive. If no charmapfile is given, POSIX is used by default. If no inputfile is given, or if it is given as -, localedef reads from standard input. OPTIONS
Most options can have either short or long forms. If multiple short options are used, they can be combined in one word (e.g. -cv). If an option takes an argument, the argument can be given separately as the next word, or it can be written as option=argument. -f charmapfile, --charmap=charmapfile Specify the file that defines the symbolic character names that are used by the input file. If the file is in the default directory for character maps, it is not necessary to specify the full pathname. This default directory is printed by localedef --help. -i inputfile, --inputfile=inputfile Specify the locale definition file to compile. If inputfile is not absolute, localedef will also look in the directory specified by the environment variable I18NPATH and in the default directory for locale definition files. This default directory is printed by localedef --help. -c, --force Write the output files even if warnings were generated about the input file. -v, --verbose Generate extra warnings about errors that are normally ignored. --quiet Suppress all notifications and warnings, and report only fatal errors. --posix Be strictly POSIX conformant. Implies --verbose. This option currently has no other effect. Posix conformance is assumed if the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is set. -u codeset, --code-set-name=codeset This option is accepted but ignored. -h, --help Print a usage summary and exit. Also prints the default paths used by localedef. -V, --version Print the version number, license, and disclaimer of warranty for localedef. ENVIRONMENT
POSIXLY_CORRECT The --posix flag is assumed if this environment variable is set. I18NPATH The default directory for locale definition files. FILES
/usr/share/i18n/charmaps Usual default charmap path. /usr/share/locale Usual default output path. See the output from localedef --help for the paths used in your version. outputpath/LC_COLLATE One of the output files. It describes the rules for comparing strings in the locale's alphabet. outputpath/LC_CTYPE One of the output files. It contains information about character cases and case conversions for the locale. outputpath/LC_MONETARY One of the output files. It describes the way monetary values should be formatted in the locale. outputpath/LC_MESSAGES/SYS_LC_MESSAGES One of the output files. It contains information about the language messages should be printed in, and what an affirmative or nega- tive answer looks like. outputpath/LC_NUMERIC One of the output files. It describes the rules for formatting numbers in the locale. outputpath/LC_TIME One of the output files. It describes the rules for formatting times and dates in the locale. SEE ALSO
locale(5), locale(7), locale(1) AUTHOR
The program was written by Ulrich Drepper. This manpage was written by Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> on behalf of the Debian GNU/Linux Project and anyone else who wants it. The manpage is not supported by the GNU libc maintainers and may be out of date. It does only descripe the important functions and is far from being complete. STANDARDS
This program conforms to the POSIX standard P1003.2 Feburary 07, 2003 2.3 LOCALEDEF(1)