Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Difficulty to create .txt file from loop in bash Post 303044878 by RudiC on Friday 6th of March 2020 10:37:10 AM
Old 03-06-2020
1) Yes
2) How do you want to convey the target path to the script? In case you want to use the source files' path, and this is constant, to place the hd*.txt files next to the sources, try (in the END section)

Code:
END     {PTH = FILENAME
         sub (/[^\/]*$/, "", PTH)
         for (s in SUM)         {n = split (s, T, "[;/]")
                                 print s, SUM[s], MNT[s] " > " (PTH T[n] ".txt")
                                }
         }

assuming the FILENAME variable is still defined and valid in that section.

Else you can use awk's -v mechanism to supply the path.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create file .txt

hi.i want to create a bash script called countfiles.sh, that will count the pack of files under the current file that their term satisfy a specific pattern. The script must show the total per file or on the whole. thank tou (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: battaglia
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create file.txt and add current date in file content

Hey guy, how to make bash script to create foo.txt file and add current date into file content and that file always append. example: today the script run and add today date into content foo.txt and tomorrow the script will run and add tomorrow date in content foo.txt without remove today... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop difficulty

hi all I am new to unix and want to create a loop to repeat the loop and before that it ask me to do so.I know "while" may help but I put it in my work and getting stuk with it.any help appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsami1971
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to create txt files based on timestamp

Hi , please guide me for a bash script that will create a txt files and the name of the txt files will be as of timestamp so that each file name will be different from other and these files will be get created say after every 10 minutes in a folder(/home/p2000/sxs137), please guide me how would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nks342
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create txt file form data file and add some line on it

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt File A Data AK1521 AK2536 AK3164 I want create text file of all data above and write some data on each file. want Output on below folder /home/kka/out AK1521.txt Hi Welocme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create .txt file by using function?

My Calling script is like below: for file in `echo $LIST_OF_FILES` --listing filenames eg, xyz_meta_20110501_00000789.tar do file_name=`basename $file` <call a function to create .txt file in below format> done Want to generate a .txt file that contains below data in ksh: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a .csv file from 2 different .txt files?

Hi, I need to create a .csv file from information that i have in two different tab delimited .txt file. I just want to select some of the columns of each .txt file and paste them into a .cvs file. My files look like: File 1 transcript_id Seq. Description Seq. Length ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisrpp
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/awk and for loop to create a template

Source File: google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://czechrepublic.google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://brno.google.cz http://brno.google.com/ Fail Code root@arisvm ~/g] $ cat trya rm -f ss for i in a.txt do #b=`cat $i|awk '{print $1}'` #c=`cat $i|awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy the content from txt file and create a html file

I have a txt file with a list of error messages in a xml tag format, and each error message is separated with a identifier(endresult).Need to split that and copy and create a new html file.Error message has some special character. how to escape the special character and insert my data into the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
7 Replies
HFIND(1)						      General Commands Manual							  HFIND(1)

NAME
hfind - Lookup a hash value in a hash database SYNOPSIS
hfind [-i db_type ] [-f lookup_file ] [-eq] db_file [hashes] DESCRIPTION
hfind looks up hash values in a database using a binary search algorithm. This allows one to easily create a hash database and identify if a file is known or not. It works with the NIST National Software Reference Library (NSRL) and the output of 'md5sum'. Before the database can be used by 'hfind', an index file must be created with the '-i' option. This tool is needed for efficiency. Most text-based databases do not have fixed length entries and are sometimes not sorted. The hfind tool will create an index file that is sorted and has fixed-length entries. This allows for fast lookups using a binary search algorithm instead of a linear search such as 'grep'. ARGUMENTS
-i db_type Create an index file for the database. This step must be done before a lookup can be performed. The 'db_type' argument specifies the database type (i.e. nsrl-md5 or md5sum). See section below. -f lookup_file Specify the location of a file that contains one hash value per line. These hashes will be looked up in the database. -e Extended mode. Additional information besides just the name is printed. (Does not apply for all hash database types). -q Quick mode. Instead of displaying the corresponding information with the hash, just display 0 if the hash was not found and 1 if it was. If this flag is used, then only one hash can be given at a time. -V Display version db_file The location of the hash database file. [hashes] The hashes to lookup. If they are not supplied on the command line, STDIN is used. If index files exist for both SHA-1 and MD5 hashes, then both types of hashes can be given at runtime. INDEX FILE
hfind uses an index file to perform a binary search for a hash value. This is much faster than using 'grep', which will do a linear search. Before a hash database is used, a corresponding index file must be created. This is done with the '-i' option to hfind. The resulting index file will be named based on the database file name. The name will have the original name following by the hash type (sha1 or md5) followed by '.idx'. For example, creating an MD5 hash index of the NIST NSRL results in 'NSRLFile.txt-md5.idx' and the SHA-1 index results in 'NSRLFile.txt-sha1.idx'. The file has two columns. Each entry is sorted by the first column, which is the hash value. The second column has the byte offset of the corresponding entry in the original file. So, when a hash is found in the index, the offset is recorded and then 'hfind' seeks to the entry in the original database. The following input types are valid. For NSRL, 'nsrl-md5' and 'nsrl-sha1' can be used. The difference is which hash value the index is sorted by. The 'md5sum' value can also be used to sort and index "home made" databases. 'hfind' can take data in both common formats: MD5 (test.txt) = 76b1f4de1522c20b67acc132937cf82e and 76b1f4de1522c20b67acc132937cf82e test.txt EXAMPLES
To create an MD5 index file for NIST NSRL: # hfind -i nsrl-md5 /usr/local/hash/nsrl/NSRLFile.txt To lookup a value in the NSRL: # hfind /usr/local/hash/nsrl/NSRLFile.txt 76b1f4de1522c20b67acc132937cf82e 76b1f4de1522c20b67acc132937cf82e Hash Not Found You can even do both SHA-1 and MD5 if you want: # hfind -i nsrl-sha1 /usr/local/hash/nsrl/NSRLFile.txt # hfind /usr/local/hash/nsrl/NSRLFile.txt 76b1f4de1522c20b67acc132937cf82e 80001A80B3F1B80076B297CEE8805AAA04E1B5BA 76b1f4de1522c20b67acc132937cf82e Hash Not Found 80001A80B3F1B80076B297CEE8805AAA04E1B5BA thrdcore.cpp To make a database of critical binaries of a trusted system, use 'md5sum': # md5sum /bin/* /sbin/* /usr/bin/* /usr/bin/* /usr/local/bin/* /usr/local/sbin/* > system.md5 # hfind -i md5sum system.md5 To look entries up, the following will work: # hfind system.md5 76b1f4de1522c20b67acc132937cf82e 76b1f4de1522c20b67acc132937cf82e Hash Not Found or # md5sum -q /bin/* | hfind system.md5 928682269cd3edb1acdf9a7f7e606ff2 /bin/bash <...> or # md5sum -q /bin/* > bin.md5 # hfind -f bin.md5 system.md5 928682269cd3edb1acdf9a7f7e606ff2 /bin/bash <...> SEE ALSO
sorter(1) The NIST National Software Reference Library (NSRL) can be found at www.nsrl.nist.gov. LICENSE
Distributed under the Common Public License, found in the cpl1.0.txt file in the The Sleuth Kit licenses directory. AUTHOR
Brian Carrier <carrier at sleuthkit dot org> Send documentation updates to <doc-updates at sleuthkit dot org> HFIND(1)