Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Difficulty to create .txt file from loop in bash Post 303044864 by RudiC on Thursday 5th of March 2020 12:34:41 PM
Old 03-05-2020
"But it doesn't works..." is not something people can start working / analysing / debugging upon. Be more precise / descriptive; include error messages, warnings, non-satisfying output, etc.

Try (assuming mount points are unique)

Code:
awk -F\; '
        {MTH = substr($1,1,7)
         SUM[MTH,$2] += $3
         MNT[MTH,$2]   = $4
        }
END     {for (s in SUM)         {n = split (s, T, "[;/]")
                                 print s, SUM[s], MNT[s]  >  (T[n] ".txt")
                                }
        }
' OFS=\; SUBSEP=\; file[123]
cf *.txt

---------- hd1.txt: ----------

2020-03;/dev/hd1;390;/
2020-02;/dev/hd1;360;/
2020-01;/dev/hd1;300;/

---------- hd2.txt: ----------

2020-03;/dev/hd2;720;/usr
2020-02;/dev/hd2;690;/usr
2020-01;/dev/hd2;600;/usr

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create file .txt

hi.i want to create a bash script called countfiles.sh, that will count the pack of files under the current file that their term satisfy a specific pattern. The script must show the total per file or on the whole. thank tou (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: battaglia
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create file.txt and add current date in file content

Hey guy, how to make bash script to create foo.txt file and add current date into file content and that file always append. example: today the script run and add today date into content foo.txt and tomorrow the script will run and add tomorrow date in content foo.txt without remove today... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop difficulty

hi all I am new to unix and want to create a loop to repeat the loop and before that it ask me to do so.I know "while" may help but I put it in my work and getting stuk with it.any help appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsami1971
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to create txt files based on timestamp

Hi , please guide me for a bash script that will create a txt files and the name of the txt files will be as of timestamp so that each file name will be different from other and these files will be get created say after every 10 minutes in a folder(/home/p2000/sxs137), please guide me how would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nks342
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create txt file form data file and add some line on it

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt File A Data AK1521 AK2536 AK3164 I want create text file of all data above and write some data on each file. want Output on below folder /home/kka/out AK1521.txt Hi Welocme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create .txt file by using function?

My Calling script is like below: for file in `echo $LIST_OF_FILES` --listing filenames eg, xyz_meta_20110501_00000789.tar do file_name=`basename $file` <call a function to create .txt file in below format> done Want to generate a .txt file that contains below data in ksh: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a .csv file from 2 different .txt files?

Hi, I need to create a .csv file from information that i have in two different tab delimited .txt file. I just want to select some of the columns of each .txt file and paste them into a .cvs file. My files look like: File 1 transcript_id Seq. Description Seq. Length ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisrpp
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/awk and for loop to create a template

Source File: google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://czechrepublic.google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://brno.google.cz http://brno.google.com/ Fail Code root@arisvm ~/g] $ cat trya rm -f ss for i in a.txt do #b=`cat $i|awk '{print $1}'` #c=`cat $i|awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy the content from txt file and create a html file

I have a txt file with a list of error messages in a xml tag format, and each error message is separated with a identifier(endresult).Need to split that and copy and create a new html file.Error message has some special character. how to escape the special character and insert my data into the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
7 Replies
LOSETUP(8)						       System Administration							LOSETUP(8)

NAME
losetup - set up and control loop devices SYNOPSIS
Get info: losetup loopdev losetup -l [-a] losetup -j file [-o offset] Delete loop: losetup -d loopdev... Delete all used loop devices: losetup -D Print name of first unused loop device: losetup -f Setup loop device: losetup [-o offset] [--sizelimit size] [-p pfd] [-rP] {-f[--show]|loopdev} file Resize loop device: losetup -c loopdev DESCRIPTION
losetup is used to associate loop devices with regular files or block devices, to detach loop devices and to query the status of a loop device. If only the loopdev argument is given, the status of the corresponding loop device is shown. Note that the old output format (e.g. losetup -a) with comma delimited strings is deprecated in favour of the --list output format (e.g. losetup -a -l). OPTIONS
+The size and offset arguments may be followed by the multiplicative +suffixes KiB=1024, MiB=1024*1024, and so on for GiB, TiB, PiB, EiB, ZiB and YiB +(the "iB" is optional, e.g. "K" has the same meaning as "KiB") or the suffixes +KB=1000, MB=1000*1000, and so on for GB, TB, PB, EB, ZB and YB. -a, --all show status of all loop devices. Note that not all information are accessible for non-root users. See also --list. The old output format (as printed without --list) is deprecated. -c, --set-capacity loopdev force loop driver to reread size of the file associated with the specified loop device -d, --detach loopdev... detach the file or device associated with the specified loop device(s) -D, --detach-all detach all associated loop devices -f, --find find the first unused loop device. If a file argument is present, use this device. Otherwise, print its name -h, --help print help -j, --associated file show status of all loop devices associated with given file -l, --list if a loop device or the -a option is specified, print default columns for either the specified loop device or all loop devices, default is to print info about all devices. -o, --offset offset the data start is moved offset bytes into the specified file or device -O, --output columns specify which columns are to be printed for the --list output --sizelimit size the data end is set to no more than size bytes after the data start -P, --partscan force kernel to scan partition table on newly created loop device -r, --read-only setup read-only loop device --show print device name if the -f option and a file argument are present. -v, --verbose verbose mode ENCRYPTION
Cryptoloop is no longer supported in favor of dm-crypt. For more details see cryptsetup(8). RETURN VALUE
losetup returns 0 on success, nonzero on failure. When losetup displays the status of a loop device, it returns 1 if the device is not con- figured and 2 if an error occurred which prevented from determining the status of the device. FILES
/dev/loop[0..N] loop block devices /dev/loop-cotrol loop control device EXAMPLE
The following commands can be used as an example of using the loop device. # dd if=/dev/zero of=~/file.img bs=1MiB count=10 # losetup --find --show ~/file.img /dev/loop0 # mkfs -t ext2 /dev/loop0 # mount /dev/loop0 /mnt ... # umount /dev/loop0 # losetup --detach /dev/loop0 AUTHORS
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>, based on original version from Theodore Ts'o <tytso@athena.mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The losetup command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2003 LOSETUP(8)