Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with a script
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Problem with a script Post 303044856 by Neo on Thursday 5th of March 2020 10:16:10 AM
Old 03-05-2020
Please provide full system details of your operation system, versions, etc.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem starting a script from a 'main'-script

Please Help! :o I have a main script (ksh) where another script is called (convert_picture). Normally this works ok, but since some changes has been made on the unix-server (I dont know what :( ) suddenly it doesnt work anymore: i get an error message: ksh: convert_picture not found. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakker
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help. Script problem

hey guys. i have a bunch of programs in a script that needs to run as root and the rest as another user, we'll call him gabriel. now, in this script, i want to run the first few lines as root. now, how do i, after running as root, tell the script to run the remaining lines as the user gabriel?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh script problem problem

Hi Please help me with the following problem with my script. The following block of code is not repeating in the while loop and exiting after searching for first message. input_file ========== host001-01 host001-02 2008-07-23 13:02:04,651 ConnectionFactory - Setting session state... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcjandyala
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with script

Hello All. I have a script that is suppossed to start up a daemon but when executed, simply hangs. Could you please take a look and let me know where the problem might be? TIA ################################################################### # # SCRIPT: dstart3000.sh # Bring up the Domain... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grin1dan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while calling a script within a script

Hi , I have moduled my scripts in three scripts . From First script i am calling second and from second i am calling third for some check . Problem is with the third script call. ---In second script EXP ='test.\abc.\Server.*abc.xml.*' pid=$($HOME/bin/checkpid $EXP) --Third... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amrishn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script problem

Hi all, I have a script that I was using in Mandriva and my script worked perfectly well but then I changed to using Puppy Linux and it isn't running the way I thought it would. In Puppy Linux operating system I've encountered a few problems, first problem is the elif for option B isn't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrissie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in calling a script inside a script

Hi team, I have a script in different folder. Now i want to call that script and execute that script from that path alone. My code is #!/bin/bash wname=yahoo PATH='/opt/IBM' wac=`/usr/bin/ls $PATH | /usr/bin/grep "$wname"` STOP=`/usr/bin/find $PATH/$wac -type f -name "stop.sh"`... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
8 Replies
WIN32_CREATE_SERVICE(3) 						 1						   WIN32_CREATE_SERVICE(3)

win32_create_service - Creates a new service entry in the SCM database

SYNOPSIS
mixed win32_create_service (array $details, [string $machine]) DESCRIPTION
PARAMETERS
o $details - An array of service details: o $service - The short name of the service. This is the name that you will use to control the service using the net command. The ser- vice must be unique (no two services can share the same name), and, ideally, should avoid having spaces in the name. o $display -The display name of the service. This is the name that you will see in the Services Applet. o $description -The long description of the service. This is the description that you will see in the Services Applet. o $user - The name of the user account under which you want the service to run. If omitted, the service will run as the LocalSystem account. If the username is specified, you must also provide a password. o $password - The password that corresponds to the $user. o $path - The full path to the executable module that will be launched when the service is started. If omitted, the path to the current PHP process will be used. o $params - Command line parameters to pass to the service when it starts. If you want to run a PHP script as the service, then the first parameter should be the full path to the PHP script that you intend to run. If the script name or path contains spa- ces, then wrap the full path to the PHP script with ". o $load_order - Controls the load_order. This is not yet fully supported. o $svc_type - Sets the service type. If omitted, the default value is WIN32_SERVICE_WIN32_OWN_PROCESS. Don't change this unless you know what you're doing. o $start_type - Specifies how the service should be started. The default is WIN32_SERVICE_AUTO_START which means the service will be launched when the machine starts up. o $error_control - Informs the SCM what it should do when it detects a problem with the service. The default is WIN32_SERVER_ERROR_IGNORE. Changing this value is not yet fully supported. o $delayed_start - If $delayed_start is set to TRUE, then this will inform the SCM that this service should be started after other auto- start services are started plus a short delay. Any service can be marked as a delayed auto-start service; however, this setting has no effect unless the service's $start_type is WIN32_SERVICE_AUTO_START. This setting is only applicable on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 or greater. o $base_priority - To reduce the impact on processor utilisation, it may be necessary to set a base priority lower than normal. The $base_priority can be set to one of the constants define in Win32 Base Priority Classes. o $machine - The optional machine name on which you want to create a service. If omitted, it will use the local machine. RETURN VALUES
Returns WIN32_NO_ERROR on success, FALSE if there is a problem with the parameters or a Win32 Error Code on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A win32_create_service(3) example Create a service with the short name 'dummyphp'. <?php $x = win32_create_service(array( 'service' => 'dummyphp', # the name of your service 'display' => 'sample dummy PHP service', # short description 'description' => 'This is a dummy Windows service created using PHP.', # long description 'params' => '"' . __FILE__ . '" run', # path to the script and parameters )); debug_zval_dump($x); ?> SEE ALSO
win32_delete_service(3), Win32 Base Priority Classes, Win32 Error Codes. PHP Documentation Group WIN32_CREATE_SERVICE(3)