Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 link aggregation with multiple VLANs - not working Post 303044847 by Peasant on Thursday 5th of March 2020 05:29:16 AM
Old 03-05-2020
On aggr0 you can only define IP address from native VLAN on those ports.
If you wish to define a tagged IP on the hypervisor, you need to create vlan interface, then define IP on that.

If you wish to use the interface for virtual machines, you define a VSW with aggr0 link.
Then you add a vnet via ldm command using that VSW.

You can have both on the hypervisor, vlan interfaces and VSW above aggr0, but of course with different IP addresses (vm and hypervisor).
I would recommend reading about Oracle VM server for SPARC and a bit about networking as well
Looks like you are mixing hypervisor and vm part regarding network.

Regards
Peasant.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Link Aggregation

Hi there I have a requirement to provide failover to our customer boxes in case of interface / switch failure, I have been looking at Solaris Link Aggregation with LACP and I wanted to ask a question Ive seen multiple websites that say the following Does this also mean that if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Link Aggregation and LACP

Hi there I have a requirement to provide failover to our customer boxes in case of interface / switch failure, I have been looking at Solaris Link Aggregation with LACP and I wanted to ask a question Ive seen multiple websites that say the following Does this also mean that if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. AIX

Link aggregation with hacmp ?

Hi, I need to setup a hacmp cluster (my first one, we usually use VCS on AIX), but I require more network bandwith than a normal gigabit etherchannel setup can provide, so I am thinking about using linkaggregation - 2 active adapters to one switch and a single backup adapter to another switch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Link aggregation

Me again :) I'm trying to find a page describing the L2, L3 und L4 modes of dladm. It's nice to read "hashed by ip header", but how should I use that? On the file-server it's ok to have the six interfaces serving six clients each on it's own. But an rsync connection via switch between two... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
8 Replies

5. IP Networking

Interface bonding / Link aggregation (Multiple)

Hello, I've been using mode 4 with four slaves, however looking at ifconfig showed that the traffic was not balanced correctly between the interfaces, the outgoing traffic has been alot higher on the last slave. Example: eth0 RX 123.2 GiB TX 22.5 GiB eth1 RX 84.8 GiB TX 8.3 GiB eth2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris link aggregation problem , once i reboot it is not showing, not able to ping the default gat

Hi All, I am trying to aggregate the NIC's,(igb2 and igb3) (igb0 is used by the physical system and igb1 is used by primary-vsw0) to create the domains on that for faster data transfer, I followed the process for creating the aggregation, dladm create-aggr -d igb2 -d igb3 1 after creating the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buildscm
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Link aggregation issues Solaris 10

I have setup link aggregation with 3 interfaces on my solaris 10 system. All looks good but my problem is that the traffic is only going out bge0 and not the other 2 links. bash-4.3# dladm show-aggr -s key:33 ipackets rbytes opackets obytes %ipkts %opkts ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primeaup
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Link Aggregation

Hi ihave three link of internet and iwant to put one linux front of a firewall that this three linux speard firewall such az load balance and fialover but dont close any port and protocol and only firewall have been internet what way can i use for it ? are there any script and services do that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris link aggregation not working as expected

Hi, This is Solaris-10 x86 platform. I am not able to ping gateway associated with aggr50001. I am not getting idea, where could be issue. Please advise. # netstat -nr Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface --------------------... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
10 Replies
VCONFIG(8)						      System Manager's Manual							VCONFIG(8)

NAME
vconfig - VLAN (802.1q) configuration program. SYNOPSIS
vconfig [lots of long options] DESCRIPTION
The vconfig program allows you to create and remove vlan-devices on a vlan enabled kernel. Vlan-devices are virtual ethernet devices which represents the virtual lans on the physical lan. OPTIONS
add [interface-name] [vlan-id] Creates a vlan-device on [interface-name]. The resulting vlan-device will be called according to the nameing convention set. rem [vlan-device] Removes the named vlan-device. set_flag [vlan-device] 0 | 1 When 1 (the default since 2.6.18), ethernet header reorders are turned on. Dumping the device will appear as a common ethernet device without vlans. When 0 however, ethernet headers are not reordered, which results in vlan tagged packets when dumping the device. Usually the default gives no problems, but some packet filtering programs might have problems with it. set_egress_map [vlan-device] [skb-priority] [vlan-qos] This flags that outbound packets with a particular skb-priority should be tagged with the particular vlan priority vlan-qos. The default vlan priority is 0. set_ingress_map [vlan-device] [skb-priority] [vlan-qos] This flags that inbound packets with the particular vlan priority vlan-qos should be queued with a particular skb-priority. The default skb-priority is 0. set_name_type VLAN_PLUS_VID | VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD | DEV_PLUS_VID | DEV_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD Sets the way vlan-device names are created. Use vconfig without arguments to see the different formats. NOTES VLAN will use Broadcom's NICE interface when the network device supports it. This is necessary, since usually the hardware of these devices already removes the vlan tag from the ethernet packet. The set_flag option on vlan-devices created on such a physical net- work device will be ignored. Dumping the network-device will show only untagged(non-vlan) traffic, and dumping the vlan-devices will only show traffic intended for that vlan, without the tags. FILES
/proc/net/vlan/config /proc/net/vlan/[vlan-device] SEE ALSO
ip(8), ifconfig(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Ard van Breemen <ard@kwaak.net> The vlan patch is written by Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> VCONFIG(8)