Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Play Computer Trivia on Telegram Post 303044804 by Neo on Wednesday 4th of March 2020 07:18:09 AM
Old 03-04-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13
Hello Neo,

Thanks a TON for making this BOT, this is an awesome experience. I played it for 20 mins or so on Telegram.

It is FUN. Appreciate your dedication and hard work here; I wish I could also do this kind of coding someday Smilie

On side note, I think I replied 30 to 40 answers Smilie

Thanks,
R. Singh
Thanks Ravinder, well at least one person likes it so far Smilie That is good news!

I checked the DB and you have answered 42 questions so far.

If many people start to play, I will create a /score command for the bot to return the total number of questions answered and the % score for that player.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm trivia

Thanks Livin Free... Here's another one... Why is it that I always get the error message "Error: Can't open display:" in my mail whenever I execute or try to call an xterm command using cron to activate the command. What did I miss? Thanks in advance UNIX gurus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfsuminist
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Telegram Bots - Bot Code Examples

I'm currently looking into ways to integrate the Telegram API into the forums: Telegram Bots - Bot Code Examples I'm thinking, first off, to use the Telegram API to get forum alerts and notifications (to Bot or Not?). Second, I thinking of ways to more deeply integrate Telegram into the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
20 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

1000+ Computer Science Trivia Questions at UNIX.COM

The UNIX and Linux Forums now has over 1000 TRUE / FALSE computer science and computer related trivia question in our database. These questions are of relatively high quality (compared to similar sites on the web) and are fun (according to feedback by users). In the first week during the... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

New Member and Country Computer Trivia Leaderboards

Thanks to Akshay, who helped me write the core MySQL queries, we now have two new draft leaderboards, by (1) member and by (2) country: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php Currently milhan leads the members with a high score of 90%: ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Debugging Our Computer Science Trivia Feature

Only a few days after I coded this new feature from scratch, we are seeing over 3000 entries in the database from members (mostly guests) playing CS trivia. I have spend a lot of time coding this (from scratch) and testing the API. From the logs, it seems to have an API bug which appears... (31 Replies)
31 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Milestone: Users Answer Over 100,000 Computer Trivia Questions

Today marks another milestone in the computer trivia app: 100,000 Computer Trivia Questions Answered by Users Some notes to mention at this milestone: vbe leads the "best score" category with 320 questions answered for an overall score of 91.2%. rdrtx leads "most questions answered"... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

MQTT, Node-RED, Linux, Apache2, MySQL, PHP, Telegram, ESP32, ESP8266, Arduino

I have just completed the first phase of integrating all these devices and technologies: MQTT, Node-RED, Linux, Apache2, MySQL, PHP, Telegram, ESP32, ESP8266, and the Arduino Uno The glue that binds all this together is MQTT. In fact, MQTT makes this kind of integration nearly trivial to... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
BJ(6)								   Games Manual 							     BJ(6)

NAME
bj - the game of black jack SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/bj DESCRIPTION
Bj is a serious attempt at simulating the dealer in the game of black jack (or twenty-one) as might be found in Reno. The following rules apply: The bet is $2 every hand. A player `natural' (black jack) pays $3. A dealer natural loses $2. Both dealer and player naturals is a `push' (no money exchange). If the dealer has an ace up, the player is allowed to make an `insurance' bet against the chance of a dealer natural. If this bet is not taken, play resumes as normal. If the bet is taken, it is a side bet where the player wins $2 if the dealer has a natural and loses $1 if the dealer does not. If the player is dealt two cards of the same value, he is allowed to `double'. He is allowed to play two hands, each with one of these cards. (The bet is doubled also; $2 on each hand.) If a dealt hand has a total of ten or eleven, the player may `double down'. He may double the bet ($2 to $4) and receive exactly one more card on that hand. Under normal play, the player may `hit' (draw a card) as long as his total is not over twenty-one. If the player `busts' (goes over twenty-one), the dealer wins the bet. When the player `stands' (decides not to hit), the dealer hits until he attains a total of seventeen or more. If the dealer busts, the player wins the bet. If both player and dealer stand, the one with the largest total wins. A tie is a push. The machine deals and keeps score. The following questions will be asked at appropriate times. Each question is answered by y followed by a new line for `yes', or just new line for `no'. ? (means, `do you want a hit?') Insurance? Double down? Every time the deck is shuffled, the dealer so states and the `action' (total bet) and `standing' (total won or lost) is printed. To exit, hit the interrupt key (DEL) and the action and standing will be printed. BJ(6)