Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Add text before and after matched string on the same line. Post 303044709 by RudiC on Monday 2nd of March 2020 06:36:31 AM
Old 03-02-2020
Try
Code:
awk -v"PRFX=<font color=yellow>" -v"SUFX=</font>" '{sub ("^.*/tmp/10203/cust/01$", PRFX "&" SUFX)} 1' file
<font color=yellow>drwxr-xr-x    4 user1   dba           20480 Feb 25 20:38 /tmp/10203/cust/01</font>
drwxr-xr-x    4 user1   dba           20480 Feb 25 20:38 /tmp/10203/cust/01/logs/mtr
drwxr-xr-x    4 user1   dba           20480 Feb 25 20:38 /tmp/10203/cust/03/src/files
drwxr-xr-x    4 user1   dba           20480 Feb 25 20:38 /tmp/10203/cust

EDIT: ... and your approach, adapted:

Code:
sed 's/^.*\/tmp\/10203\/cust\/01$/<font color=yellow>&<\/font>/' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to display nth line before the string is matched.

All, Is there any way out to display the nth line before the string is matched ??? Eg : If i have a file which has the following contents and if i want to get the 3rd line before the string is matched a b c d e f if i give the input as f and lines before the match as 3 then it should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: helper
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

save every line in log file with matched string

i have been doing this script to match every line in a current log file (access_log) with strings that i list from a path (consist of 100 of user's name ex: meggae ).. and then make a directory of every string from the text file (/path/meggae/) --->if it matched.. then print every line from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meggae
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

capture data from matched string/line

Hi, I have a query as follows : suppose I am matching a string in a file say "start from here" and I want to pick up 'n' number of lines () from the matched string. Is there any way to do that ? 1) going forward I want to do this for every match for the above string 2) or limit this to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumoka
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required on joining one line above & below to the pattern matched string line.

Hi Experts, Help needed on joining one line above & below to the pattern matched string line. The input file, required output is mentioned below Input file ABCD DEFG5 42.0.1-63.38.31 KKKK iokl IP Connection Available ABCD DEFG5 42.0.1-63.38.31 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krao
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only matched string instead of entire line

Hi, I have a file whose lines are something like Tchampionspsq^@~^@^^^A^@^@^@^A^A^Aÿð^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^@^?ð^@^@^@^@^@^@^@?ð^@^@^@^@^@^@pppsq^@~^@#@^@^@^@^@^@^Hw^H^@^@^@^K^@^@^@^@xp^At^@^FTtime2psq^@ ~^@^^^A^@^@^@^B^A I need to extract all words matching T*psq from the file. Thing is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add a line after last matched expression

I thought this would be easy to Google, but I am having trouble getting a clean result that I can understand. I simply want to insert the the line: My Network 192.168.1.1 After the last line that begins with ACL localnet (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the particular position of a line

I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB and add/replace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commenting a line matched with a specific string in a file

Hi, I would like to comment a line that matched a string "sreenivas" in a file without opening it. Thanks in advance. Regards, Sreenivas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search String, Out matched text and input text for no match.

I need to search a string for some specific text which is no big deal using grep. My problem is when the search fails to find the text. I need to add text like "na" when my search does not match. I have tried this command but it does not work when I put the command in a loop in a bash script: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojojmac5
12 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-05-19 DH_MOVEFILES(1)