Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers VPN Connection Problem using OpenVPN Post 303044677 by hicksd8 on Sunday 1st of March 2020 07:57:19 AM
Old 03-01-2020
Can you confirm that this problem is confined just to the VPN connection?

Can you connect from this machine to other nodes on your LAN?

Can you connect to nodes outside your LAN (via gateway)? e.g. Internet connection works?
Also, you can connect to other sites using secure sockets from this machine? e.g. unix.com

So the VPN is the only connection with an issue????

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing VPN Connection

Hi All: I need a script that can be timed to run every half hour to an hour to run a traceroute through a VPN to test that a connection is still up from a Win XP system. Which would be the best, C++ or Perl and what are some good resources to look at. (If anyone has a script to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxhewitt
1 Replies

2. Linux

vpn problem

Trying to connect to my companies VPN with vpnc but I keep getting an error that the target failed to respond. I run wireshark and see that my host sends out a few ISAKMP packets but gets no response and gives up. Any ideas what can cause this to happen? Is there someway that UDP traffic could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: osulinux
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

VPN Connection

Hello, I have question about VPN connection thats, I have two networks 1-Office Network 2-Home Network both are connected to internet i have in Office network PPTP VPN Server with real or static ip and on the home network all clients working with local ip Now , I need to connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

5. SCO

Printing to Windows 7 using Samba 2.0.3 via VPN connection to SCO 3.2v5.0.6

I would like to know if anyone has a way to PRINT TO a printer attached to a Windows 7 PC, from SCO, while logged in via a VPN connection. I am able to attach to a Samba share on the SCO server for files while attached to the VPN, so I know my Samba is workling - but my print jobs return: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbb999
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Cisco VPN pcf and OpenVPN

I was given my pcf file to login to work from home and wanted to use OpenVPN instead of the Cisco VPN client software. Can I use this pcf file with OpenVPN? I attempted to use vpnc: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/vpnc but it just times out ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Cisco VPN server and client - connection drop

I have a Cisco 1841 router configured as Easy VPN Server. Here is the configuration of the router: Cisco# Cisco#show running-config Building configuration... Current configura - Pastebin.com I have a Centos 5.7 server with installed Cisco VPN client for Linux. The client successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
0 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

VPN Initial Connection Problem

Hey everyone. I have a problem, but it may be my lack of understanding that is the cause. Ok so I attend a technical school, and needless to say there's a lot of wannabe hackers, pranksters and what not. So from my laptop I'd like to connect to the wireless AP's around campus, but security is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Internet connection single interface through vpn

Hi. Can you please help me with a routing problem? There are 2 networks: 192.168.10.0/24 (eth0) 192.168.11.0/24 (eth0:1) The default gateway is 192.168.10.1 iPv4 routing is already enabled and working. With vpnc I've built up an VPN connection and can access my home network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tschmi
0 Replies
connect(3SOCKET)					     Sockets Library Functions						  connect(3SOCKET)

NAME
connect - initiate a connection on a socket SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lsocket -lnsl [ library ... ] #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> int connect(int s, const struct sockaddr *name, int namelen); DESCRIPTION
The parameter s is a socket. If it is of type SOCK_DGRAM, connect() specifies the peer with which the socket is to be associated. This address is the address to which datagrams are to be sent if a receiver is not explicitly designated. This address is the only address from which datagrams are to be received. If the socket s is of type SOCK_STREAM, connect() attempts to make a connection to another socket. The other socket is specified by name. name is an address in the communication space of the socket. Each communication space interprets the name parameter in its own way. If s is not bound, then s will be bound to an address selected by the underlying transport provider. Gener- ally, stream sockets can successfully connect() only once. Datagram sockets can use connect() multiple times to change their association. Datagram sockets can dissolve the association by connecting to a null address. RETURN VALUES
If the connection or binding succeeds, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The call fails if: EACCES Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix of the pathname in name. EADDRINUSE The address is already in use. EADDRNOTAVAIL The specified address is not available on the remote machine. EAFNOSUPPORT Addresses in the specified address family cannot be used with this socket. EALREADY The socket is non-blocking, and a previous connection attempt has not yet been completed. EBADF s is not a valid descriptor. ECONNREFUSED The attempt to connect was forcefully rejected. The calling program should close(2) the socket descriptor, and issue another socket(3SOCKET) call to obtain a new descriptor before attempting another connect() call. EINPROGRESS The socket is non-blocking, and the connection cannot be completed immediately. You can use select(3C) to complete the connection by selecting the socket for writing. EINTR The connection attempt was interrupted before any data arrived by the delivery of a signal. The connection, however, will be established asynchronously. EINVAL namelen is not the size of a valid address for the specified address family. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. EISCONN The socket is already connected. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname in name. ENETUNREACH The network is not reachable from this host. EHOSTUNREACH The remote host is not reachable from this host. ENOENT A component of the path prefix of the pathname in name does not exist. ENOENT The socket referred to by the pathname in name does not exist. ENOSR There were insufficient STREAMS resources available to complete the operation. ENXIO The server exited before the connection was complete. ETIMEDOUT Connection establishment timed out without establishing a connection. EWOULDBLOCK The socket is marked as non-blocking, and the requested operation would block. The following errors are specific to connecting names in the UNIX domain. These errors might not apply in future versions of the UNIX IPC domain. ENOTDIR A component of the path prefix of the pathname in name is not a directory. ENOTSOCK s is not a socket. ENOTSOCK name is not a socket. EPROTOTYPE The file that is referred to by name is a socket of a type other than type s. For example, s is a SOCK_DGRAM socket, while name refers to a SOCK_STREAM socket. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
close(2), accept(3SOCKET), getsockname(3SOCKET), select(3C), socket(3SOCKET), socket.h(3HEAD), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 08 Mar 2005 connect(3SOCKET)