Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX TFTP Bind to Specific Interface Post 303044600 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 27th of February 2020 12:37:32 PM
Old 02-27-2020
Still tftpd would bind to all interfaces.
The Linux tftpd takes -a ip-addr:port but I think that won't work with the AIX tftpd.
Perhaps you can achieve an access restriction with tcp wrappers? But, as the name suggests, tcp wrappers work nicely with TCP, while tftpd works with UDP.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP setup

ok, I configured inetd.conf so that the tftp string is not commented out, but I cannot get the process to start. I'm running Solaris 5.8 and need some help. Cabletron said that it's process is 3485, i tried to kill it, it's the wrong process. I started inetd again and still can't kill it. i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tftp

Is it possible to copy files between two computers with TFTP.And how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bericica
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to bind interrupts on a specific CPU

Hello, we practise our server with operating system ReliantUNIX 5.45 and we are using Informix Dynamic Server 7.31. I ascertained a lot of cpu interrupts per second (int/s). The count of int/s exceeds critical maximum value considerably. Machine specific notes for Informix Dynamic Server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urbale
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Double question: Apache mod_proxy and force connection over specific interface

Double question here ... Running on Debian Etch and Apache 2.0 1) Using mod_proxy and/or mod_proxy_http in apache 2.0. The basics of using mod_proxy are pretty simple so long as you're using a static config. I'm trying to figure out how to do it dynamically - that is, allow the entry of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Halfwalker
4 Replies

5. Solaris

how to bind an application to specific ip

Hello Dear Everyone. Have you Gurus perhaps got an idea how to bind a particular application/program to specific IP address on solaris box? Assume there is a server with two NICs with distinct IPs, I install an application (could be a backup sowftware client) and would like to tell to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: togr
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

7. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
TFTPD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  TFTPD(8)

NAME
tftpd -- DARPA Trivial File Transfer Protocol server SYNOPSIS
tftpd [-n] [-s] [directory ...] DESCRIPTION
Tftpd is a server which supports the DARPA Trivial File Transfer Protocol. The TFTP server operates at the port indicated in the 'tftp' ser- vice description; see services(5). The server is normally started by inetd(8). The use of tftp(1) does not require an account or password on the remote system. Due to the lack of authentication information, tftpd will allow only publicly readable files to be accessed. Files may be written only if they already exist and are publicly writable. Note that this extends the concept of ``public'' to include all users on all hosts that can be reached through the network; this may not be appropriate on all systems, and its implications should be considered before enabling tftp service. The server should have the user ID with the lowest possible privilege. Access to files may be controlled by invoking tftpd with a list of directories by including pathnames as server program arguments in /etc/inetd.conf. In this case access is restricted to files whose names are prefixed by the one of the given directories. If no directories are supplied the default is /tftpboot. To give out access to the whole filesystem, should this be desired for some reason, supply / as an argument. Unfortunately, on multi-homed systems, it is impossible for tftpd to determine the address on which a packet was received. As a result, tftpd uses two different mechanisms to guess the best source address to use for replies. If the socket that inetd(8) passed to tftpd is bound to a particular address, tftpd uses that address for replies. Otherwise, tftpd uses ``UDP connect'' to let the kernel choose the reply address based on the destination of the replies and the routing tables. This means that most setups will work transparently, while in cases where the reply address must be fixed, the virtual hosting feature of inetd(8) can be used to ensure that replies go out from the correct address. These considerations are important, because most tftp clients will reject reply packets that appear to come from an unexpected address. The options are: -n Suppresses negative acknowledgement of requests for nonexistent relative filenames. -s All absolute filenames are treated as if they were preceded by the first directory argument, or /tftpboot if there is none. SEE ALSO
tftp(1), inetd(8) HISTORY
The tftpd command appeared in 4.2BSD. Linux NetKit (0.17) July 29, 2000 Linux NetKit (0.17)