Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Application showing "Connection Time Out" very often Post 303044590 by anaigini45 on Thursday 27th of February 2020 04:53:30 AM
Old 02-27-2020
Application showing "Connection Time Out" very often

Hi,

We have a web serveer running on Apache-Tomcat-6.0.32. For 2 months continuously, we noticed that the app on this server setup has been frequently sending out intermittent "Connection Time Out" issues.
On the OS side, I investigated a lot of things,

1) tcpdump : did not find anything suspicious (no large flooding of suspicious IP, etc)
2) In the apache access_log nothing suspicious either.
3) netstat -an, tulpn : No timeout/dead connection
4) telnet to port 80 is OK

Thus, my teammate concluded that it could be a bug in the tomcat version 6.0.32 itself. Is this possible/true? How can we confirm this?
We use "Uptime" as a monitoring tool, and it sends updates every 3 mins. Whereas other monitoring tools send alerts every 5 mins or more, and do not show the "Connection Time Out" problem.
Is "Uptime" an unstable monitoring tool?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Linux

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"sudo su -" showing lot of information on OpenLDAP

Hello, I have configured new LDAP and new LDAP clients. When I do "sudo su -", it shows me lot of information, which is not required on screen. I am not sure, if any debug mode is enabled or from where it can be turned off. Please suggest, if it is know for you. -bash-3.2$ sudo su - sudo:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Ipadm showing "/?" in ADDROBJ on S11 local zone

Hi! I have a Solaris 11 local zone, everything is running fine, BUT, when I issue an "ipadm show-addr" from inside the local zone I get the following: root@xxxxxxx:/var/opt# ipadm show-addr ADDROBJ TYPE STATE ADDR lo0/? inherited ok 127.0.0.1/8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtmg
2 Replies
POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP::Connection(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation    POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP::Connection(3pm)

NAME
POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP::Connection - Stores connection information for SimpleHTTP SYNOPSIS
use POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP::Connection; my $connection = POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP::Connection->new( $socket ); # Print some stuff print $connection->remote_port; DESCRIPTION
This module simply holds some information from a SimpleHTTP connection. METHODS my $connection = POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP::Connection->new( $socket ); $connection->remote_ip(); # Returns remote ip in dotted quad format ( 1.1.1.1 ) $connection->remote_port(); # Returns remote port $connection->remote_addr(); # Returns true remote address, consult the L<Socket> POD $connection->local_addr(); # Returns true local address, same as above $connection->local_ip(); # Returns local ip in dotted quad format ( 1.1.1.1 ) $connection->local_port(); # Returns local port $connection->dead(); # Returns a boolean value whether the socket is closed or not $connection->ssl(); # Returns a boolean value whether the socket is SSLified or not $connection->sslcipher(); # Returns the SSL Cipher type or undef if not SSL $connection->ID(); # unique ID of this connection EXPORT Nothing. SEE ALSO
POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP, POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP::Response AUTHOR
Apocalypse <apocal@cpan.org> Chris "BinGOs" Williams <chris@bingosnet.co.uk> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright X Apocalypse and Chris Williams This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-28 POE::Component::Server::SimpleHTTP::Connection(3pm)