Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX subsystem stops partially Post 303044578 by Neo on Thursday 27th of February 2020 01:11:49 AM
Old 02-27-2020
Normally when people experience a problem between running a script successfully as one user, and then having issues with the same script under another user, the issues are generally resolved by:
  • Make your you use full path names in all scripts and commands in your scripts.
  • Make sure any environmental variable you use in your scripts are the same for both users.
  • Make sure all users have appropriate read/write/execute file permissions.

This "different users" problems we see generally are easy to resolve if when folks start with the three bullet points above.

The most command mistakes in similar situations across all OS over the years is caused by not using full paths for files and commands.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS client subsystem hang up on boot

Hi, I have a Unix box running HP-UX 10.20 and it suddenly won't boot. Every time it goes down the boot checklist, it hangs on "NFS client subsystem" and just continues to say busy/wait. I have read something about the /etc/auto_master but don't quite understand what has to happen to fix it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asheley Ryan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

subsystem failure

aix 4.3 I get the following error from the errpt log BD797922 0306170008 P H enclosure0 SUBSYSTEM FAILURE I'm not clear on this kind of error. It never happened to me. What do this errors mean, and how do I clear or solve them? Any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andwhat
2 Replies

3. AIX

Subsystem Component Failure

Hello All, Does some one have any idea about the subsystem component failure. Errpt command throws below errors for my server :- # errpt IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION B9735AF4 0304222408 P H hdisk5 SUBSYSTEM COMPONENT FAILURE B9735AF4 0304222408 P H... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shrek
1 Replies

4. AIX

Generating a Subsystem

Hello, I'm trying to generate a subsystem which supports startsrc, stopsrc and refresh I want to specify special arguments in case of stopsrc and refresh for example: startsrc: /bin/testscript start stopsrc: /bin/testscript stop refresh: /bin/testscript restart which should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 ML10 new install, rsh only partially working

Two boxes we just reloaded to use as a two node HACMP cluster to insure our software is compatible. Install disks we received at our library on 5/2009 AIX 5.3-ML10 For sake of argument names ibmaix1 and ibmaix2 On both: ibmaix1# oslevel -r 5300-10 .rhosts files with 600 permissions... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrKillPatient
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Getting Subsystem ID/Vendor

Hey Guys ... How I can look up Subsystem ID of the WIFI card under Ubuntu... I did try lspci but its outputting only Vendor and Dev no subsys ... I need same data as below ( Windows ) PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_04281468&REV_01\4&1BF192B7&0&0020 thank you happy new year ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP subsystem requests

Hi there, what is the meaning of this line: SFTP subsystem requests: 5 Time(s) in: /var/mail/root??? Tks in advance, GB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
0 Replies

8. AIX

sftp : have to specify subsystem from client side

I have several ssh servers *running aix 5.3 and they respond to sftp requests just fine, but I have one that requires clients to specify the path to the sftp server using the -s flag which is*/usr/sbin/sftp-server I check the sshd_config across all servers and they are the same. *The other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: massdesign
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

[HP UNIX B.10.20] NFS Client SubSystem fail

Recently moved a HP Unix B.10.20 system from US to Thailand, and everything is work well in US but after we changed: 1. set_parms ip_address (change the IP to TH range) 2. set_parms addl_netwrk (change the Subnet, Gateway, Domain name, DNS Svr Name, and DNS IP) 3. vi /etc/hosts (to commented... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta911
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 7.1 booting stops at C1922000 C19220FF

Hi, we have the p6 server running AIX 7.1 it suddenly stops working. I tried to re-cycle power but it keeps stopping at C19220FF. Activate the service processor pinhole reset switch but still stops at the same code. Error logs: 1. 501A1181 2016-06-08 22:06:20 'Service Process'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lilyn
1 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)