Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to use cat grep and cut together? Post 303044559 by rdrtx1 on Wednesday 26th of February 2020 10:24:24 AM
Old 02-26-2020
Code:
grep name nameserver.txt | cut -d" " -f1,5 --output-delimiter="." | cut -d"." -f1,7 --output-delimiter=" "

Last edited by rdrtx1; 02-26-2020 at 11:42 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cat and grep not working

I am trying to cat a file and then grep that file for a number. I can do it fine on other files but this particular file will not do anything. I tried running it on an older file from the same device but it is just not working. The file is nothing more than a flat file on a unix box. Here is just a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jphess
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat, grep and tee to a local file

Hi, This is what I am trying to do. 1) connect to 3 remote servers from my local machine serverA serverB serverC 2) read error file from each server cat /var/lib/mysql/mydb.err 3) grep for lines displaying "yesterday" date grep "`date +%y%m%d' '-d\"1 day ago\"`" 4) Append those lines to a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat or cut to delimit csv?

Hi, Im a pretty large noob to linux/perl etc and im trying to use mysql slurp to take a delimited file and import it into mysql using stdin (in the hope its faster) mysqlslurp - slurp <STDIN> into a MySQL table - search.cpan.org Christopher Brown / MySQL-Slurp - search.cpan.org Using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtony
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat /etc/passwd and grep -v on /etc/shells

Hi All, I'd like to do this cat /etc/passwd and grep -v on the /etc/shells list I'd like to find all shell that doesn't exist on the /etc/passwd. Is there an easy way without doing a egrep -v "/bin/sh|/bin/bash................"? How do I use a file /etc/shells as my list for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat -n and grep

I am not sure if using cat -n is the most efficient way to split a file into multiple files, one file per line in the source file. I thought using cat -n would make it easy to process the file because it produces an output that numbers each line that I could then grep for with the regex "^ *$i".... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep or cat using sed

Is there a way using grep or cat a file to create a new file based on whether the first 9 positions of each record is less than 399999999? This is a fixed file format. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
3 Replies

7. Slackware

How should I cut this line using cut and grep?

not sure how to do it. wan't to delete it using cut and grep ince i would use it in the shell. but how must the command be? grep "64.233.181.103 wwwGoogle.com" /etc/hosts | cut -d the delimeter is just a space. can you help meplease. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfish
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep and cat combined

Hello, i need to search one word (snp1) from many files and copy the content of the columns of this word in new file. example: file 1: SNP BP CHR P snp1 1 3 0.01 snp2 2 2 0.05 . . file 2: SNP BP CHR P snp1 1 3 0.06 snp2 2 2 0.3 output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biopsy
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace cat and grep with <

Hello someone told me to use OS=`awk '{print int($3)}' < /etc/redhat-release` instead of OS=cat /etc/redhat-release | `awk '{print int($3)}'` any idea for the reason ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep or cat The Whole Directory PROBLEMS :(

Hi Guys This is my first post so I am not sure how things go here. I'm sorry if I'm breaking the rule or something. Feel free to correct me about that :) So as I was saying... I'd been trying to grep this folder containing 900,000 txt files but seems no luck. I get either "No such file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
Tcl_CallWhenDeleted(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_CallWhenDeleted(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_CallWhenDeleted, Tcl_DontCallWhenDeleted - Arrange for callback when interpreter is deleted SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_CallWhenDeleted(interp, proc, clientData) Tcl_DontCallWhenDeleted(interp, proc, clientData) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter with which to associated callback. Tcl_InterpDeleteProc *proc (in) Procedure to call when interp is deleted. ClientData clientData (in) Arbitrary one-word value to pass to proc. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_CallWhenDeleted arranges for proc to be called by Tcl_DeleteInterp if/when interp is deleted at some future time. Proc will be invoked just before the interpreter is deleted, but the interpreter will still be valid at the time of the call. Proc should have arguments and result that match the type Tcl_InterpDeleteProc: typedef void Tcl_InterpDeleteProc( ClientData clientData, Tcl_Interp *interp); The clientData and interp parameters are copies of the clientData and interp arguments given to Tcl_CallWhenDeleted. Typically, clientData points to an application-specific data structure that proc uses to perform cleanup when an interpreter is about to go away. Proc does not return a value. Tcl_DontCallWhenDeleted cancels a previous call to Tcl_CallWhenDeleted with the same arguments, so that proc will not be called after all when interp is deleted. If there is no deletion callback that matches interp, proc, and clientData then the call to Tcl_DontCallWhen- Deleted has no effect. KEYWORDS
callback, delete, interpreter Tcl 7.0 Tcl_CallWhenDeleted(3)