Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Datacenter Crash (Server Unreachable for About 17 minutes) Post 303044547 by gull04 on Wednesday 26th of February 2020 07:31:19 AM
Old 02-26-2020
Hi,

I have the same 17 minute outage reported on a number of my domains, these are hosted servers - I'm guessing that they were all out but only the Wordpress sites with Jetpack logged an error (tested from Wordpress.com).

Regards

Gull04

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux server crash

Hi I faced a problem while booting linux which is as follows;- ************************************************* Inode 146180 has illegal block(s) xauth:error in locking authority file /home/root/.Xauthority Fatal Server Error: Could not create lock file in /tmp/tXo-lock ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhishek
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

server crash

Our SUn Solaris Server has crashed second time in 2 days, reason is not known , we are trying to determine what could have gone wrong, any ideas, the power supply seems to be fine, there is no response from keyboard,monitor etc and we had to do a hot boot yesterday.. Any suggestions what could be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: knarayan
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Server Crash

We have had a server (Solaris 2.6) hardisk crash. When booting the server we get: ok> boot -S Boot Device: /sbus/espdmc@e, 8400000/esp@e,8800000/sd@0,0 short read 0x2000 chars read disk read error The only way we can get into the console is to ok> boot cdrom whereby everything (e.g.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Notification if server unreachable?

Is it possible for a group of servers to monitor each other and then send an alert if one of them is no longer 'alive'? Or if its easier have one server that monitors the other five and then sends an alert. If so how would this be done? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
3 Replies

5. Linux

crash dump server for red hat ent 4

Is it true that you can't have the crash dump server/client on the same server? I know I've installed Nagios open source before, I though it's only for that kind of thing. I never though that Red hat ent 4 would be like client/server on the crash dump. if someone is having problem with high... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

6. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

7. SCO

Crash error on my unix server

Hi there. Well i have a really bad problem with my server: UnixWare Version 5 Release 7 The system crash :wall: and show the error: Panic: Kernel-mode address fault on user address 0x00000004 :eek: If anyone knows about the reason of this error please give me a help Sorry by my english.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
3 Replies

8. Programming

Client accidently close when the server crash

The steps to test the problem 1. Open TCP Server 2. Open TCP Client 3. TCP Client sends data to Server. 4. Close TCP Server and the client also crash without any notification Second wonderful test: 1. Comment the following statement in Client.c (at line 168) and compile it Writen(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sehang
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

how to configure netdump to copy the crash in the server itself??

hi, i would like to configure netdump, but saving the var/crash in the server itself, not in another server. could anybody tell me if this is possible? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
4 Replies

10. AIX

System p 9115-505: Server and HMC unreachable

Hi there I've bought a used System p 9115-505. When I attach the LAN cable to my router the HMC receives an IP address from my router, but the HMC is unreachable. There are no open ports. Does anybody know that problem? Any help greatly appreciated. Greetings from Italy! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mediaset23
2 Replies
VOS_REMOVE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     VOS_REMOVE(1)

NAME
vos_remove - Removes a volume from a site SYNOPSIS
vos remove [-server <machine name>] [-partition <partition name>] -id <volume name or ID> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-verbose] [-encrypt] [-noresolve] [-help] vos remo [-s <machine name>] [-p <partition name>] -i <volume name or ID> [-c <cell name>] [-noa] [-l] [-v] [-e] [-nor] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The vos remove command removes the indicated volume from the partition on which it resides. The Volume Location Database (VLDB) record is altered appropriately, as described in the following paragraphs. Use this command to remove any of the three types of volumes; the effect depends on the type. o If the -id argument names the read/write volume (that is, specifies the volume's base name), both it and the associated backup volume are removed from the partition that houses them. The -server and -partition arguments are optional, because there can be only one read/write site. When the volume is removed, the site information is also removed from the VLDB entry. The read/write and backup volume ID numbers no longer appear in the output from the vos listvldb or vos examine commands, but they are preserved internally. Read-only sites, if any, are not affected, but cannot be changed unless a read/write site is again defined. The site count reported by the vos examine and vos listvldb commands as "number of sites" decrements by one. The entire VLDB entry is removed if there are no read-only sites. o If the -id argument names a read-only volume, it is removed from the partition that houses it, and the corresponding site information is removed from the VLDB entry. The site count reported by the vos examine and vos listvldb commands as "number of sites" decrements by one for each volume you remove. If there is more than one read-only site, the -server argument (and optionally -partition argument) must be used to specify the site from which to remove the volume. If there is only one read-only site, the -id argument is sufficient; if there is also no read/write volume in this case, the entire VLDB entry is removed. o If the -id argument names a backup volume, it is removed from the partition that houses it. The -server and -partition arguments are optional, because there can be only one backup site. The backup volume ID number no longer appears in the output from the vos listvldb command or in the corresponding portion of the output from the vos examine command, but is preserved internally. This command is the most appropriate one for removing volumes in almost all cases. Other commands that remove only volumes or only VLDB entries (such as the vos delentry, vos remsite and vos zap commands) by definition can put the volumes and VLDB out of sync. Use them only in the special circumstances mentioned on their reference pages. Like the vos delentry command, this command can remove a VLDB entry when no corresponding volumes exist on the file server machine. Like the vos zap command, this command can remove a volume that does not have a VLDB entry, as long as the volume is online, -server and -partition arguments are provided, and the -id argument specifies the volume's ID number. OPTIONS
-server <server name> Identifies the file server machine that houses the volume to remove. It is necessary only when the -id argument names a read-only volume that exists at multiple sites. Provide the machine's IP address or its host name (either fully qualified or using an unambiguous abbreviation). For details, see vos(1). -partition <partition name> Identifies the partition (on the file server machine specified by the -server argument) that houses the volume to remove. Provide the partition's complete name with preceding slash (for example, "/vicepa") or use one of the three acceptable abbreviated forms. For details, see vos(1). Including this argument is necessary only when the -id argument names a read-only volume that exists at multiple sites. Provide the -server argument along with this one. -id <volume name or id> Identifies the volume to remove, either by its complete name or volume ID number. If identifying a read-only or backup volume by name, include the appropriate extension (".readonly" or ".backup"). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see vos(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see vos(1). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The vos command interpreter presents it to the Volume Server and Volume Location Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument or -noauth flag. For more details, see vos(1). -verbose Produces on the standard output stream a detailed trace of the command's execution. If this argument is omitted, only warnings and error messages appear. -encrypt Encrypts the command so that the operation's results are not transmitted across the network in clear text. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.11 or later and 1.5.60 or later. -noresolve Shows all servers as IP addresses instead of the DNS name. This is very useful when the server address is registered as 127.0.0.1 or when dealing with multi-homed servers. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.8 or later and 1.5.35 or later. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example removes the read/write volume "user.terry" and its backup version, if any. % vos remove -id user.terry The following example removes the read-only volume "root.afs.readonly" from one of its sites, the /vicepa partition on the file server machine "fs1.abc.com". % vos remove fs1.abc.com a root.afs.readonly PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine specified with the -server argument and on each database server machine. If the -localauth flag is included, the issuer must instead be logged on to a server machine as the local superuser "root". SEE ALSO
vos(1), vos_delentry(1), vos_remsite(1), vos_zap(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 VOS_REMOVE(1)