Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Extremely low throughput between AIX 7.2 and RHEL Maipo Post 303044543 by ubu389 on Wednesday 26th of February 2020 04:48:11 AM
Old 02-26-2020
Hi all,
when I copy from AIX to Linux in my local LAN I get an acceptable throughput (around 400 Mbit/s).
Same thing from AIX to AIX.

I think that my problem from LAN to Cloud might be related to some misconfiguration on the network, probably in some switch or router, but how could you explain the fact that if I transfer from a Linux in the same LAN I don't get any issue while transfering?

I analyzed some tcpdump (AIX-Cloud communication) with Wireshark and I found a lot of "Duplicate Ack", "ACKed segment that wasn't captured (common at capture start)" and "Previous segment(s) not captured (common at capture start)".

Any idea or thought would be useful for me,
Thank you again Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Gigabit Link throughput

As a rule of thumb in doing calculations, what figure would you use in Mbytes/sec? I know the answer varies grealty on the topolgy of the network but I wonde what newteok engineers use a rough rule of thumb? Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debd
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to improve throughput?

I have a 10Gbps network link connecting two machines A and B. I want to transfer 20GB data from A to B using TCP. With default setting, I can use 50% bandwidth. How to improve the throughput? Is there any way to make throughput as close to 10Gbps as possible? thanks~ :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SOLARIS vs AIX vs RHEL

Hi I'm wondering what are the differences between SOLARIS, AIX and RHEL ? I would like to know in which operating system is best for what kind of implementation ? Why some companies use Solaris instead of e.g. AIX and etc. ? thx for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

4. AIX

Migrating RHEL 5 UNIX users to AIX

Hi, I'm able to migrate UNIX users/groups from Solaris to AIX (with same password using 13-char encrypted password from shadow file) but no luck with RHEL 5 to AIX. I see encrypted password in RHEL 5 is bit lengthier than 13-char. Is there any way to convert encrypted password such that same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddyr
1 Replies

5. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

High RAM usage, extremely low swapping

Hi team I have three physical servers running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 with the following memory conditions: # cat /proc/meminfo | grep -i mem MemTotal: 8062888 kB MemFree: 184540 kB Shmem: 516 kB and the following swap conditions: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help understanding differences between AIX and RHEL

I have started a new job which requires AIX admin skills, which I have, and RHEL skills. Does anyone have a cheat sheet that if I know how to solve the problem in AIX how would I do that in RHEL? I was an IBM pre-sales technical trying to keep sales guys honest - not possible. Any other links to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpenceSnyder
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

9. AIX

Question about shared filesystem btw AIX and RHEL

We found out that the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) doesnt support mix nodes (AIX and RHEL) on direct attached storage. Is there any other options besides NFS for mix O/S? Trying to avoid network type of shared filesystem which might end up high traffic on IO because we do run backup jobs on those... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiasu
0 Replies
CAPINFOS(1)						  The Wireshark Network Analyzer					       CAPINFOS(1)

NAME
capinfos - Prints information about capture files SYNOPSIS
capinfos [ -t ] [ -E ] [ -c ] [ -s ] [ -d ] [ -u ] [ -a ] [ -e ] [ -y ] [ -i ] [ -z ] [ -x ] [ -h ] <infile> ... DESCRIPTION
Capinfos is a program that reads one or more capture files and returns some or all available statistics of each <infile>. The user specifies which statistics to report by specifying flags corresponding to the statistic. If no flags are specified, Capinfos will report all statistics available. Capinfos is able to detect and read the same capture files that are supported by Wireshark. The input files don't need a specific filename extension; the file format and an optional gzip compression will be automatically detected. Near the beginning of the DESCRIPTION section of wireshark(1) or http://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/wireshark.html <http://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/wireshark.html> is a detailed description of the way Wireshark handles this, which is the same way Capinfos handles this. OPTIONS
-t Displays the capture type of the capture file. -E Displays the per-file encapsulation of the capture file. -c Counts the number of packets in the capture file. -s Displays the size of the file, in bytes. This reports the size of the capture file itself. -d Displays the total length of all packets in the file, in bytes. This counts the size of the packets as they appeared in their original form, not as they appear in this file. For example, if a packet was originally 1514 bytes and only 256 of those bytes were saved to the capture file (if packets were captured with a snaplen or other slicing option), Capinfos will consider the packet to have been 1514 bytes. -u Displays the capture duration, in seconds. This is the difference in time between the earliest packet seen and latest packet seen. -a Displays the start time of the capture. Capinfos considers the earliest timestamp seen to be the start time, so the first packet in the capture is not necessarily the earliest - if packets exist "out-of-order", time-wise, in the capture, Capinfos detects this. -e Displays the end time of the capture. Capinfos considers the latest timestamp seen to be the end time, so the last packet in the capture is not necessarily the latest - if packets exist "out-of-order", time-wise, in the capture, Capinfos detects this. -y Displays the average data rate, in bytes/sec -i Displays the average data rate, in bits/sec -z displays the average packet size, in bytes -x displays the average packet rate, in packets/sec -h Prints the help listing and exits. SEE ALSO
tcpdump(8), pcap(3), wireshark(1), mergecap(1), editcap(1), tshark(1), dumpcap(1) NOTES
Capinfos is part of the Wireshark distribution. The latest version of Wireshark can be found at <http://www.wireshark.org>. HTML versions of the Wireshark project man pages are available at: http://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages <http://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages>. AUTHORS
Original Author -------- ------ Ian Schorr <ian[AT]ianschorr.com> Contributors ------------ Gerald Combs <gerald[AT]wireshark.org> 1.2.8 2010-05-05 CAPINFOS(1)