Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Create range of bins counting values and add the percentage Post 303044540 by jiam912 on Tuesday 25th of February 2020 11:26:06 PM
Old 02-26-2020
Hi RudiC,,,

Tks a lot for the update it works fine...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the percentage for the values in column

Hi, I am having the file which contains the following two columns. 518 _factorial 256 _main 73 _atol 52 ___do_global_ctors 170 ___main 52 ___do_g How can calculate the percentage of each value in the first column ? first need to get the sum of the first column and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleru_raja
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Create range of values

Hi, I have a file with the below like values with integers only in sorted order (May or may not be in sequence) Eg: File1.txt ----------- 1 2 3 4 5 6 . . . . . 10000 My requirement here is to create a range of values out put to a temp k (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiva447
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto: easy date range iteration/counting on GNU systems in the shell

Should work in any shell, but requires GNU date, although GNU date seems only to be happy for input dates between 1902 and 2037, inclusive (49673 days). Assume $a and $b hold two dates, e.g. set a=2010-03-27 set b=2010-04-04 Marginally faster: iterator: seq -f "$a +%1.0f days" 1 50000 |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laddiebuck
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Working out the percentage between two values

Hi there, I am totally new to Unix, I am trying to work out the percentage between two values in a ksh shell script and assign the result to a variable. Value1=577 Values2=244 So the calculation would be as follows: ((Value1 - Value2) / Value1) * 100 How would I be able to achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NextLevelAndi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

return counting per hour percentage

We have a monitoring process for a load in unix box, during this process we are writing logs statements for each record, and during this process we are showing the counts per hour. Here is that how we are following log files statements: (just two lines printed here), these statements logged at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skkuchipudi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating frequency of values within bins

Hi, I am working with files containing 2 columns in which i need to come up with the frequency/count of values in col. 2 falling within specifics binned values of col. 1. the contents of a sample file is shown below: 15 12.5 15 11.2 16 0.2 16 1.4 17 1.6 18 4.5 17 5.6 12 8.6 11 7.2 9 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Column Values to a Range of Values

I have a list of columns with values that I need to transform into a row containing the range of each column. For example: "Column A" 1 2 3 4 10 12 14 15 16 17 18 "Column B" 1 4 5 6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbio
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete row if both percentage values are equal to zero

Hello, I have compiled a script but I have stucked at one point. Each line contains two pcs of % value and what I want to do is to delete any line if both % values are zero. data: expected output: ow3 should be deleted as both percentage value in related line are equal to zero. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create range of values and count values.

Gents, It is possible to generate a range of values according to column 1 and count the total of rows in the range. example input 15.3 15.5 15.8 15.9 16.0 16.1 16.8 17.0 17.5 18.0 output desired 15.0 - 15.9 = 4 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create bins with totals and percentage

I would like to create bins to get histogram with totals and percentage, e.g. starting from 0. If possible to set the minimum and maximum value in the bins ( in my case value min=0 and max=20 ) Input file 8 5 10 1 11 4 12 4 12 4 13 5 16 7 18 9 16 9 17 7 18 5 19 5 20 1 21 7 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
10 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application "up to date" by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. EXAMPLE
Run computations for about a second and then finish: set x 1000 set done 0 after 1000 set done 1 while {!$done} { # A very silly example! set x [expr {log($x) ** 2.8}] # Test to see if our time-limit has been hit. This would # also give a chance for serving network sockets and, if # the Tk package is loaded, updating a user interface. update } SEE ALSO
after(n), interp(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)