Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Retrieve query_string on my CGI in ksh/html ? Post 303044528 by Tim2424 on Tuesday 25th of February 2020 10:20:58 AM
Old 02-25-2020
Retrieve query_string on my CGI in ksh/html ?

I've this ksh script in my CGI :

Code:
SERV_LINUX=$(cat /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/foo.txt | awk -F';' '{print $2}' | sort | uniq)

DATE_Linux=$(cat /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/foo.txt | awk -F';' '{print $3}' | sort | uniq)

echo "<form action="LINUX_GNU.ksh" method="post">"
    echo "<select name="SERV">"
    echo "$SERV_LINUX" | while read SERV_LINUX; do
    echo " <option value="$SERV_LINUX">$SERV_LINUX</option>"
    done
    echo "</select>"

echo "<select name="DATE_Linux">"
    echo "$DATE_Linux" | while read DATE_Linux; do
    echo " <option value="$DATE_Linux">$DATE_Linux</option>"
    done
    echo "</select>"

echo "<input type="submit" value="Select">"
    echo "</form>"

echo "</div>"

This piece of script create a dropdown menu which allow to choose a server. On my second page, If I put this :

Code:
read a 
echo $a

I'm able to retrieve the query string like this :

Code:
SERV=my_serv&DATE_Linux=2019-10

I want to know if it's possible to do the same things but only with button ? I mean, If I've 4 options in my dropdown menu, I would like to create 4 buttons, like that :

Code:
SERV_LINUX=$(cat /xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/xxx/foo.txt | awk -F';' '{print $2}' | sort | uniq)

echo "<form action="test.ksh" method="post">"
echo "$SERV_LINUX" | while read SERV_LINUX; do
echo "<input type="submit" value="$SERV_LINUX">"
done
echo "</select>"
echo "</form>"

One button for each options of the dropdown. When I will click on the button, a new page will open with the result :

Code:
SERV=my_serv

But When I try that, I've no result... Do you think it's possible ? Do u have any idea to do this ?

Thanks ! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML-CGI on Unix

AAAHHH!! I've made a perl program that you can run on a web browser. This program needs to be run everyday, and I don't want to have to run it everyday. The problem is when I try running the program from my terminal, all it does is print stuff to the terminal page (the program involves a lot of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstevens
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML form to cgi help

I wrote a script to automate user account verification against peoplesoft. Now I want to make it available to my peers via the web. It is running on Solaris. I have the form written, but am not sure how to make it work. I think the form should call a perl cgi when submitted. The cgi should call... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

html - df -k cgi script

Hey - I am new to cgi scripting... just writing a script to output df -k output to html page... but I cannot get the df lines on separate lines on the page, it all comes out on one line and is not very readable.. any suggestions? My script is below - please keep in mind I am only new to it so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cgi script to echo a html file

Hi, I'm learning some simple cgi scripting. I can make a script like this, so my browser shows "Hello World" /www/cgi-bin/name.sh --- #!/bin/sh MyName=World echo "<html> Hello $MyName </html>" --- What I'd like is to have a separate html and script files in the cgi folder so ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Performer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass data from server (CGI script) to client (html page)

Hi I know how to pass data from client side (html file) to server using CGI script (POST method). I also know how to re-create the html page from server side after receiving the data (using printf). However I want to write static pages on client side (only the structure), and only to pass... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamabm
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

execute shell script using CGI for html site

hi there im currently in the process of creating a website for use basically within our org. im using a os x machine and installed MAMP - which includes Apache, mysql... the site will be used by techs to primarily install pkgs files onto os x devices. i would like to have buttons or hyperlinks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheshe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Javascript or HTML to retrieve apache username

I have a internal wesbite set up and any visitor must enter username / passwd as defined in apache (I've set these up using htpasswd) I use cgi scripts set up using ksh or javascript to populate pages / tables etc. I want to be able to get the apache username that the used authorised... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command through html+cgi in bash

Hi everyone, I want to kill process through the web, so I create html page with single bottom that run kill command in shell script with CGI. Here is html code: <td><form METHOD="GET" action="http://IP:port/cgi_bin/script.cgi" > <input type="submit" value= "Submit" > <INPUT name="q"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert my /bin/sh script with cgi and html to run it on browser!??

Hello, I want to run this script on my CentOS 6 via browser : ________________________________________________________________________________________________ #!/bin/sh echo Username? read MY_NAME echo Provisional file name? read MY_FILE echo File NAME you want to save? read MY_FILE2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: juta2020
16 Replies
LURKER-SEARCH(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LURKER-SEARCH(1)

NAME
lurker-search -- searches for messages in a lurker database SYNOPSIS
lurker-search [-c <config-file>] [-k <keyword>] [-d -f -i -v -q] [<terms>*] DESCRIPTION
lurker-search searches a lurker database the same way as the web interface. It can output summary information and delete messages. OPTIONS
-c config-file Use this config file for lurker settings. -k keyword Tag the matching messages with this keyword. -d Delete the messages found by this search -f Don't prompt before deleting -i Command line paramers are not search terms, but message IDs. -v Output message summary information -q Don't output message ids or status SEARCH TERMS
Lurker-search accepts these keywords for searching: -xxx select messages which do NOT match this term id:xxx select a message by the Message-ID field rt:xxx select messages which reply to the chosen Message-ID th:xxx select messages included in this thread ml:xxx select messages in this mailing list gr:xxx select messages in this mailing list group au:xxx select messages with this term in the author fields sb:xxx select messages with this word in the subject lang:xxx select messages in this language SEE ALSO
lurker-index(1), lurker-prune(1), lurker-params(1), lurker-list(1) lurker documentation on http://lurker.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002: Wesley W. Terpstra <terpstra@users.sourceforge.net> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. BUGS
Before reporting a bug, please confirm that the bug you found is still present in the latest official release. If the problem persists, then send mail with instructions describing how to reproduce the bug to <lurker-users@lists.sourceforge.net>. LURKER-SEARCH(1)