Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Low throughput between AIX 7.2 and RHEL Maipo Post 303044526 by vbe on Tuesday 25th of February 2020 09:26:44 AM
Old 02-25-2020
Thread closed please continue here:
Extremely low throughput between AIX 7.2 and RHEL Maipo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to improve throughput?

I have a 10Gbps network link connecting two machines A and B. I want to transfer 20GB data from A to B using TCP. With default setting, I can use 50% bandwidth. How to improve the throughput? Is there any way to make throughput as close to 10Gbps as possible? thanks~ :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SOLARIS vs AIX vs RHEL

Hi I'm wondering what are the differences between SOLARIS, AIX and RHEL ? I would like to know in which operating system is best for what kind of implementation ? Why some companies use Solaris instead of e.g. AIX and etc. ? thx for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

3. AIX

Migrating RHEL 5 UNIX users to AIX

Hi, I'm able to migrate UNIX users/groups from Solaris to AIX (with same password using 13-char encrypted password from shadow file) but no luck with RHEL 5 to AIX. I see encrypted password in RHEL 5 is bit lengthier than 13-char. Is there any way to convert encrypted password such that same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddyr
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

5. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help understanding differences between AIX and RHEL

I have started a new job which requires AIX admin skills, which I have, and RHEL skills. Does anyone have a cheat sheet that if I know how to solve the problem in AIX how would I do that in RHEL? I was an IBM pre-sales technical trying to keep sales guys honest - not possible. Any other links to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpenceSnyder
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

9. AIX

Question about shared filesystem btw AIX and RHEL

We found out that the Spectrum Scale (GPFS) doesnt support mix nodes (AIX and RHEL) on direct attached storage. Is there any other options besides NFS for mix O/S? Trying to avoid network type of shared filesystem which might end up high traffic on IO because we do run backup jobs on those... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiasu
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Extremely low throughput between AIX 7.2 and RHEL Maipo

I am currently having problems with AIX and network performance. I have an AIX 7.2 on-premises and a Linux with RH 7.7 Maipo in Google Cloud. Between the 2 machines I have a guaranteed bandwith of 1 Gbit/s. Firstly I started with a trivial traceroute: what I noticed is that after some hops... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubu389
6 Replies
MOD_APPARMOR(8) 						     AppArmor							   MOD_APPARMOR(8)

NAME
mod_apparmor - fine-grained AppArmor confinement for Apache DESCRIPTION
An AppArmor profile applies to an executable program; if a portion of the program needs different access permissions than other portions, the program can "change hats" via aa_change_hat(2) to a different role, also known as a subprofile. The mod_apparmor Apache module uses the aa_change_hat(2) mechanism to offer more fine-grained confinement of dynamic elements within Apache such as individual php and perl scripts, while still allowing the performance benefits of using mod_php and mod_perl. To use mod_apparmor with Apache, ensure that mod_apparmor is configured to be loaded into Apache, either via a2enmod, yast or manual editing of the apache2(8)/httpd(8) configuration files, and restart Apache. Make sure that apparmor is also functioning. Once mod_apparmor is loaded within Apache, all requests to Apache will cause mod_apparmor to attempt to change into a hat named by the URI (e.g. /app/some.cgi). If no such hat is found, it will fall back to attempting to use the hat DEFAULT_URI; if that also does not exist, it will fall back to using the global Apache profile. Most static web pages can simply make use of the DEFAULT_URI hat. Additionally, before any requests come in to Apache, mod_apparmor will attempt to change hat into the HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT hat. mod_apparmor will attempt to use this hat while Apache is doing the initial parsing of a given http request, before its given to a specific handler (like mod_php) for processing. Because defining hats for every URI/URL often becomes tedious, mod_apparmor provides the AAHatName and AADefaultHatName Apache configuration options. AAHatName AAHatName allows you to specify a hat to be used for a given Apache <Directory>, <DirectoryMatch>, <Location> or <LocationMatch> directive (see the Apache documenation for more details). Note that mod_apparmor behavior can become confused if <Directory*> and <Location*> directives are intermingled and it is recommended to use one type of directive. If the hat specified by AAHatName does not exist in the Apache profile, then it falls back to the behavior described above. AADefaultHatName AADefaultHatName allows you to specify a default hat to be used for virtual hosts and other Apache server directives, so that you can have different defaults for different virtual hosts. This can be overridden by the AAHatName directive and is checked for only if there isn't a matching AAHatName or hat named by the URI. If the AADefaultHatName hat does not exist, it falls back to the DEFAULT_URI hat if it exists (as described above). URI REQUEST SUMMARY
When profiling with mod_apparmor, it is helpful to keep the following order of operations in mind: On each URI request, mod_apparmor will first aa_change_hat(2) into ^HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT, if it exists. Then, after performing the initial parsing of the request, mod_apparmor will: 1. try to aa_change_hat(2) into a matching AAHatName hat if it exists and applies, otherwise it will 2. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the URI itself, otherwise it will 3. try to aa_change_hat(2) into an AADefaultHatName hat if it has been defined for the server/vhost, otherwise it will 4. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the DEFAULT_URI hat, if it exists, otherwise it will 5. fall back to the global Apache policy BUGS
mod_apparmor() currently only supports apache2, and has only been tested with the prefork MPM configuration -- threaded configurations of Apache may not work correctly. There are likely other bugs lurking about; if you find any, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), subdomain.conf(5), apparmor_parser(8), aa_change_hat(2) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 MOD_APPARMOR(8)