Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Toshiba’s Optimization Algorithm Sets Speed Record for Solving Combinatorial Problems. Post 303044467 by nezabudka on Saturday 22nd of February 2020 09:42:36 AM
Old 02-22-2020
As I understand it, is this a new approach to Dijkstra's sophisticated algorithm?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

pst_status record problems

Hi There, We've been creating a little program that collects all the performance data available about the processes on a HP-UX system. (running HP-UX 11.11). And everything works fine apart from 4 fields in the middle of the pst_status record. Input Blocks (pst_inblock) Output Blocks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solving the network collisions in Unix box

Hi, Anyone can u give me an idea to clear the network collisions in the unix box(Solaris and Linux)? NIC performance is very low, and it shows collisions, when issuing the command ifconfig -a in the production server. How can i rectify the network collisions in the box. Using netstat and lsof... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
4 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Clouds (Partially Order Sets) - Streams (Linearly Ordered Sets) - Part 2

timbass Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:07:53 +0000 Originally posted in Yahoo! CEP-Interest Here is my follow-up note on posets (partially ordered sets) and tosets (totally or linearly ordered sets) as background set theory for event processing, and in particular CEP and ESP. In my last note, we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iSCSI speed problems

Hi all. I was able to set up an IBM Ultrium LTO 4 tape drive to use iSCSI (using open-iscsi drivers) to communicate with Red Hat, but it's going really slow, maxing out in tar and dd tests at like 16 MB/s (using a block size of 128k). The thing is rated for 30MB/s. I feel like even though I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A little help using grep for anagram solving with BASH

Hi guys, I have been making a simple script for looking for anagram solutions in a word list (a file of 22k or so words). At the moment it funtions like so: User enters an 8 character string (whatever letters you want to find anagrams of, or solve rather) The script moves all the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donthommo
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Speed problems with tar'ing a 500Gb directory on an eSATA drive

I'm trying to compress a directory structure on an external hard drive, connected by eSATA cable to my linux (Ubuntu 10.04) desktop. The total volume is 500Gb with half a million files, ranging from Kb to Mb in size. The drive is 2Tb, with 0.8Tb free space before compression. running "tar -pcf... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: omnisppot
10 Replies
MARC::File::XML(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      MARC::File::XML(3pm)

NAME
MARC::File::XML - Work with MARC data encoded as XML SYNOPSIS
## Loading with USE options use MARC::File::XML ( BinaryEncoding => 'utf8', RecordFormat => 'UNIMARC' ); ## Setting the record format without USE options MARC::File::XML->default_record_format('USMARC'); ## reading with MARC::Batch my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'XML', $filename ); my $record = $batch->next(); ## or reading with MARC::File::XML explicitly my $file = MARC::File::XML->in( $filename ); my $record = $file->next(); ## serialize a single MARC::Record object as XML print $record->as_xml(); ## write a bunch of records to a file my $file = MARC::File::XML->out( 'myfile.xml' ); $file->write( $record1 ); $file->write( $record2 ); $file->write( $record3 ); $file->close(); ## instead of writing to disk, get the xml directly my $xml = join( " ", MARC::File::XML::header(), MARC::File::XML::record( $record1 ), MARC::File::XML::record( $record2 ), MARC::File::XML::footer() ); DESCRIPTION
The MARC-XML distribution is an extension to the MARC-Record distribution for working with MARC21 data that is encoded as XML. The XML encoding used is the MARC21slim schema supplied by the Library of Congress. More information may be obtained here: http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/ You must have MARC::Record installed to use MARC::File::XML. In fact once you install the MARC-XML distribution you will most likely not use it directly, but will have an additional file format available to you when you use MARC::Batch. This version of MARC-XML supersedes an the versions ending with 0.25 which were used with the MARC.pm framework. MARC-XML now uses MARC::Record exclusively. If you have any questions or would like to contribute to this module please sign on to the perl4lib list. More information about perl4lib is available at <http://perl4lib.perl.org>. METHODS
When you use MARC::File::XML your MARC::Record objects will have two new additional methods available to them: MARC::File::XML->default_record_format([$format]) Sets or returns the default record format used by MARC::File::XML. Valid formats are MARC21, USMARC, UNIMARC and UNIMARCAUTH. MARC::File::XML->default_record_format('UNIMARC'); as_xml() Returns a MARC::Record object serialized in XML. You can pass an optional format parameter to tell MARC::File::XML what type of record (USMARC, UNIMARC, UNIMARCAUTH) you are serializing. print $record->as_xml([$format]); as_xml_record([$format]) Returns a MARC::Record object serialized in XML without a collection wrapper. You can pass an optional format parameter to tell MARC::File::XML what type of record (USMARC, UNIMARC, UNIMARCAUTH) you are serializing. print $record->as_xml_record('UNIMARC'); new_from_xml([$encoding, $format]) If you have a chunk of XML and you want a record object for it you can use this method to generate a MARC::Record object. You can pass an optional encoding parameter to specify which encoding (UTF-8 or MARC-8) you would like the resulting record to be in. You can also pass a format parameter to specify the source record type, such as UNIMARC, UNIMARCAUTH, USMARC or MARC21. my $record = MARC::Record->new_from_xml( $xml, $encoding, $format ); Note: only works for single record XML chunks. If you want to write records as XML to a file you can use out() with write() to serialize more than one record as XML. out() A constructor for creating a MARC::File::XML object that can write XML to a file. You must pass in the name of a file to write XML to. If the $encoding parameter or the DefaultEncoding (see above) is set to UTF-8 then the binmode of the output file will be set appropriately. my $file = MARC::File::XML->out( $filename [, $encoding] ); write() Used in tandem with out() to write records to a file. my $file = MARC::File::XML->out( $filename ); $file->write( $record1 ); $file->write( $record2 ); close() When writing records to disk the filehandle is automatically closed when you the MARC::File::XML object goes out of scope. If you want to close it explicitly use the close() method. If you want to generate batches of records as XML, but don't want to write to disk you'll have to use header(), record() and footer() to generate the different portions. $xml = join( " ", MARC::File::XML::header(), MARC::File::XML::record( $record1 ), MARC::File::XML::record( $record2 ), MARC::File::XML::record( $record3 ), MARC::File::XML::footer() ); header() Returns a string of XML to use as the header to your XML file. footer() Returns a string of XML to use at the end of your XML file. record() Returns a chunk of XML suitable for placement between the header and the footer. decode() You probably don't ever want to call this method directly. If you do you should pass in a chunk of XML as the argument. It is normally invoked by a call to next(), see MARC::Batch or MARC::File. encode() You probably want to use the as_xml() method on your MARC::Record object instead of calling this directly. But if you want to you just need to pass in the MARC::Record object you wish to encode as XML, and you will be returned the XML as a scalar. TODO
o Support for callback filters in decode(). SEE ALSO
<http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/> MARC::File::USMARC MARC::Batch MARC::Record AUTHORS
o Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> perl v5.14.2 2011-02-11 MARC::File::XML(3pm)