Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script to transfer backup from Hosting server to my synology server one account at a time. Post 303044448 by vbe on Friday 21st of February 2020 01:21:19 PM
Old 02-21-2020
What I dont understand is where is your Synology?
If it is at home, unless you pay to have a fix IP your provider will give you a dynamic and your lan at home is a private one
So if it is the case it will be a little bit more complex than what you described...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to transfer the files from source to target server.

I need to write a shell script to transfer the files every hour from source - target server. The cron job should be running every hour and shouldn't copy already copied files to the remote server ? I was able to write intial script but not able to get the logic for (in the next run it should... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from one server to another server in unix

Hi, Can anyone help me. I am a new user in unix. I want to transfer (ftp) a file from one unix server to another server. Kindly help me. more details: server 1 file_name a.lst path: :/temp server 2 path : /develp/temp Thanks, Raj, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: easterraj
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to transfer files from one server to another

Hi I have the following script: #!/bin/sh set -x touch -mt 201210040000 /tmp/ref1 touch -mt 201210042359 /tmp/ref2 find /fs1/bscsrtx/BSCS_ix/WORK/LOG -type f \( -newer /tmp/ref1 -a ! -newer /tmp/ref2 \) > file_lst scp $(< file_lst) root@10.100.48.76:/ano2005/fs1_2015/LOG/ but somehow its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files from one server with bash script

Hello to all, I want to copy from one server to another files of last 24 hours with size between 500MB and 2GB. The code below searches last files in 24 hours. find . -mtime -1 In order to copy faster I'd like to compress the files before copying them. How to automate the process of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from a server takes long time

It takes 6 hrs for a 90 GB zip file that i am copying / transferring from serverA onto serverB. scp user1@serverA:/opt/setup/cash.zip . Output: cash.zip 21% 19GB 4.7MB/s 4:11:46 ETA uname -a SunOS serverB 5.11 11.2 sun4v sparc sun4vCan you please suggest if i could do... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
11 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)