Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How can I save images from web browser? Post 303044437 by rbatte1 on Friday 21st of February 2020 06:58:05 AM
Old 02-21-2020
Welcome BeckyMoore,

When you say that you want to download an image, it's really rather vague. For the image, do you mean:-
  • A visible picture on a website
  • A software installer image
  • The source for for a graphical view
  • Something else?
If it is a visible picture on a web-site, how do you currently see it? I'm presuming that you have a browser of whatever flavour (there's many many out there) but they generally allow you to right-click it (or left-click if you've adjusted your mouse buttons for left-handed use) and copy it that way.

Does this do all you need, or have I answered the wrong question?

I hope that this helps,
Robin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

2. Linux

web browser from konsole

hi experts, i'm running red hat linux, consider there's no visual interface, no X server... actually there is one but it's written in Python! what i need is to intall a decent web browser on it! is it possible? and i only have abt 100 MBs of free disk space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elzalem
1 Replies

3. Linux

Configure apache to run with perl ... while running from browser it asks to save .pl

I have installed fedora 9 and trying to run .pl (perl files) from browser. I have below RPM installed: ---------------------------------- httpd-2.2.8-3.i386 mod_perl-2.0.3-21.i386 $cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so Alias /perl /var/www/perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Web browser not opening

On clicking on my WEB BROWSER . no window is appearing , only a dialog box appearing with named "ALERT" any nothing else. What is browser package name , which is by default in Solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush singh
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Dillo Web Browser

Hello, Have you all noticed that the Dillo web browser always reports bugs just about on every web page. Richard Stallman's Personal Page However some, but not many have none. cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nigelc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies
THERION(1)						      General Commands Manual							THERION(1)

NAME
loch -- Therion model viewer SYNOPSIS
loch DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents loch, which is part of the therion-viewer package. loch is a 3D viewer which displays .lox files produced by therion and allows them to be examined. OPTIONS
loch takes no options. BASIC CONTROL
Key and Mouse Controls Function Mouse action Key Zoom & Rotate Left click + drag Zoom only Left click + drag up/down, then hold left and click right Ctrl + Up/Down Rotate only Left click + drag left/right, then hold left and click right Left/Right Pan Right click + drag Shift + Arrows Tilt Middle (wheel) click + drag or wheel rotate Up/Down Full screen Left double click F11 Context menu Right click If continuous rotation is turned on, then rotation mouse movements change the speed or direction of rotation. If rotation is locked, then rotation mouse movements have no effect. OFF SCREEN RENDERING
Loch is able to render large bitmaps that can be afterwards post processed and printed. Bitmaps can be exported in PDF, PNG or BMP formats. Configuration of export is done via the Rendering setup dialog. You can set the following features: Size and Scaling Screen shot: Screen copy will be saved into a file with no other changes. Image width: The screen image will be exported with the specified width. Image height: The screen image will be exported with the specified height. Scale: The screen image will be exported with the specified scale. Image options Rendering resolution: Resolution of the image file used when image size or scale are specified. Image size: Image size in pixels and uncompressed bytes calculated from previous settings. White background: Force white background in exported image. KNOWN BUGS
Sometimes empty rectangles appear in off screen rendered file. Changing the window size usually helps. * Crashes have been observed on intel graphics cards unless the texture initialisations are removed in the code. * Stereo mode does not work correctly on some graphics adapters. * This help does not work. SEE ALSO
therion (1), xtherion (1). For full information see the Therion Manual in /usr/doc/therion/thbook which describes therion-viewer and its use in detail. AUTHOR
This manual page was adapted from existing docs by Wookey wookey@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence, Version 2 or any later ver- sion published by the Free Software Foundation. THERION(1)