Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How can I save images from web browser? Post 303044437 by rbatte1 on Friday 21st of February 2020 06:58:05 AM
Old 02-21-2020
Welcome BeckyMoore,

When you say that you want to download an image, it's really rather vague. For the image, do you mean:-
  • A visible picture on a website
  • A software installer image
  • The source for for a graphical view
  • Something else?
If it is a visible picture on a web-site, how do you currently see it? I'm presuming that you have a browser of whatever flavour (there's many many out there) but they generally allow you to right-click it (or left-click if you've adjusted your mouse buttons for left-handed use) and copy it that way.

Does this do all you need, or have I answered the wrong question?

I hope that this helps,
Robin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

2. Linux

web browser from konsole

hi experts, i'm running red hat linux, consider there's no visual interface, no X server... actually there is one but it's written in Python! what i need is to intall a decent web browser on it! is it possible? and i only have abt 100 MBs of free disk space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elzalem
1 Replies

3. Linux

Configure apache to run with perl ... while running from browser it asks to save .pl

I have installed fedora 9 and trying to run .pl (perl files) from browser. I have below RPM installed: ---------------------------------- httpd-2.2.8-3.i386 mod_perl-2.0.3-21.i386 $cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so Alias /perl /var/www/perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Web browser not opening

On clicking on my WEB BROWSER . no window is appearing , only a dialog box appearing with named "ALERT" any nothing else. What is browser package name , which is by default in Solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush singh
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

The Dillo Web Browser

Hello, Have you all noticed that the Dillo web browser always reports bugs just about on every web page. Richard Stallman's Personal Page However some, but not many have none. cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nigelc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies
wmpuzzle(6)							   Version 0.5.1						       wmpuzzle(6)

NAME
wmpuzzle - WindowMaker dock app 4x4 puzzle SYNOPSIS
wmpuzzle [options] [xpm image file] DESCRIPTION
wmpuzzle provides a 4x4 puzzle on a 64x64 mini window. It is designed to work with the WindowMaker dock, but will work with other window managers as well. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a command line summary. -a, --auto-save automatically save the puzzle state on program exit. -k, --keyboard enable use of the keyboard for arrow-key navigation. -s, --shuffle=count shuffle the image count times, defaults to 2000. Using -s prevents loading the saved state from the resource file. -v, --version displays the version number. --display=id Set the display to use, e.g. --display=:0.0. --geometry=pos Set the position of the dock app, e.g. --geometry=+10+10. Note that the size (64x64) is hard-coded and cannot be changed. The image file must be an XPM file with minimum (and recommended) size of 48x48 pixels. If it is larger then the upper left corner will be shown. USAGE
Left mouse click moves the puzzle tiles, right click saves the current state and middle click recovers the last saved state. If -k has been specified the arrow keys and key s and key r will do as well. If the picture has been completed the last element will be shown. FILES
~/.wmpuzzlerc contains the puzzling state of the images. The basename of an image file will be used as its identifier. Use option -s to ignore this file on startup. BUGS
When wmpuzzle complains about not enough free color symbols that's because it needs to add six colors to the XPM's color table and found no free symbols using the according number of characters per pixel. Try to find some unused entries, delete them and correct the size of the color table (the third number in the first line), or enlarge the number of characters per pixel using some imaging program. Please send any bugs to <martin@godisch.de>. Debian users are encouraged to use the Debian Bug Tracking System at http://bugs.debian.org/wmpuzzle. AUTHOR
wmpuzzle is written by Martin A. Godisch <martin@godisch.de>. Thanks to Gordon Fraser for his suggestions, and to Kyle Boyle for the con- tribution of his numbers puzzle. Thanks to Matthias Klose for bug reports and fixes. The Debian Project February 2012 wmpuzzle(6)