Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Unable to connect to a server from our AIX server via FTP Post 303044431 by Neo on Friday 21st of February 2020 05:58:12 AM
Old 02-21-2020
Anyway, back to the task at hand.... while logged into your router, you should try to ping your ftp server (the one you are trying to reach from your host):

Code:
ping 164.52.194.12

Can you ping it from (while logged into) the router?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script not able to connect to ftp server.

I have the following ftp script to get files from a remote location. However, on running the script I find that I am not even able to connect to ftp server. I am able to connect to ftp server using other GUI ftp tools like WS_FTP using the same IP. IP used here is a dummy IP. What can go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
3 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to connect to AIX server through xmanager

Hi, I have xmanager installed on my windows PC. But I am not able to connect to AIX server. It's giving the error as follows: The X11 forwarding request was rejected. Graphics mode is not coming up in AIX server. Please help as I have to install oracle patchset urgently. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to use FTP command to connect from one server to another

Hi, I have two unix servers A and B. from A i am trying to use the ftp command to connect to B but I am getting the "ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation." I checked the following things : 1.) Unix Server details for A and B after running the command uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

unable to connect remote server using ssh

hi all i am unable to connect remote server using ssh but i am able to ping the server ssh service is running. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
5 Replies

6. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

8. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to connect sun server.

Hi, I am unable to connect sun server, server model is sun fire v440 on server 2 ports are there. serial management, and network management. I would like to know how to connect serial port if I dont have com port on my system? and on Network Management no ip address is configured. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to new FTP server

Hi All, We have done new FTB setup. I am not able to to connect to this new target server. Here is the new setup to send files to the FTB : - Login : FTB-TAN-DEV-SAP - Protocol : SFTP - Port : 54322 - Hostname : ftb-dev.apj.hp - Env : DEV - Target ID : 3225 I tried connecting to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
5 Replies
nisping(1M)															       nisping(1M)

NAME
nisping - send ping to NIS+ servers SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisping [-uf] [-H hostname] [-r | directory] /usr/lib/nis/nisping -C [-a] [-H hostname] [directory] In the first line, the nisping command sends a ``ping'' to all replicas of an NIS+ directory. Once a replica receives a ping, it will check with the master server for the directory to get updates. Prior to pinging the replicas, this command attempts to determine the last update "seen" by a replica and the last update logged by the master. If these two timestamps are the same, the ping is not sent. The -f (force) option will override this feature. Under normal circumstances, NIS+ replica servers get the new information from the master NIS+ server within a short time. Therefore, there should not be any need to use nisping. In the second line, the nisping -C command sends a checkpoint request to the servers. If no directory is specified, the home domain, as returned by nisdefaults(1), is checkpointed. If all directories, served by a given server, have to be checkpointed, then use the -a option. On receiving a checkpoint request, the servers would commit all the updates for the given directory from the table log files to the data- base files. This command, if sent to the master server, will also send updates to the replicas if they are out of date. This option is needed because the database log files for NIS+ are not automatically checkpointed. nisping should be used at frequent intervals (such as once a day) to checkpoint the NIS+ database log files. This command can be added to the crontab(1) file. If the database log files are not checkpointed, their sizes will continue to grow. If the server specified by the -H option does not serve the directory, then no ping is sent. Per-server and per-directory access restrictions may apply; see nisopaccess(1). nisping uses NIS_CPTIME and NIS_PING (resync (ping) of replicas), or NIS_CHECKPOINT (for checkpoint). Since the NIS_PING operation does not return a status, the nisping command is typically unable to indicate success or failure for resyncs. -a Checkpoint all directories on the server. -C Send a request to checkpoint, rather than a ping, to each server. The servers schedule to commit all the transactions to stable storage. -H hostname Only the host hostname is sent the ping, checked for an update time, or checkpointed. -f Force a ping, even though the timestamps indicate there is no reason to do so. This option is useful for debugging. -r This option can be used to update or get status about the root object from the root servers, especially when new root replicas are added or deleted from the list. If used without -u option, -r will send a ping request to the servers serving the root domain. When the replicas receive a ping, they will update their root object if needed. The -r option can be used with all other options except with the -C option; the root object need not be checkpointed. -u Display the time of the last update; no servers are sent a ping. -1 No servers were contacted, or the server specified by the -H switch could not be contacted. 0 Success. 1 Some, but not all, servers were successfully contacted. Example 1: Using nisping This example pings all replicas of the default domain: example% nisping Note that this example will not ping the org_dir and groups_dir subdirectories within this domain. This example pings the server example which is a replica of the org_dir.foo.com. directory: example% nisping -H example org_dir.foo.com. This example checkpoints all servers of the org_dir.bar.com. directory. example% nisping -C org_dir.bar.com. NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ directory name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the directory is found. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ crontab(1), nisdefaults(1), nisopaccess(1), nislog(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. 12 Dec 2001 nisping(1M)