Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Mutiple filesearch technique in Linux/UNIX Post 303044411 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 20th of February 2020 08:51:07 PM
Old 02-20-2020
It will make 1 pass through the filesystem from the current directory and print the relative pathname of any files that match a1 or *f3 it encounters.

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 02-20-2020 at 09:56 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report with mutiple files.

Hi all, In the process of creating CPU reports. I've already used `sar` to create a daily file, then monthly reports for CPU usage (which is averaged across all 4 CPU's). I've now used `cpusar -P ?`(?=CPU#) to collect individual CPU data and have four files for each day which is great. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Technique's???

Is there any better way of doing this? I only want to find a status of a diff, ie diff the file and return to me whether it is different or not or non-existant. This example works, however I think it could be less messier: workd=`pwd`;find $workd -name "*.sum" | while read line ; do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FORK/EXEC technique

Hi! Can someone explain me exactly this technique? Why a process (PARENT) creates a copy of itself with FORK (CHILD)? What's the reason of this behaviour? Sorry, but I cannot understand the logic behind it. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshmallow
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to incorporate mutiple commands in Autosys commandline on UNIX

Hi, I am having a problem running multiple commands in a autosys command line. For example I would like to run a perl script first and then add sleep command after that in the same autosys job like below insert_job: xxxxxxxxx command: `perlscript.pl ; sleep 180` Perlscript.pl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best search technique

I have a snippet file with the shown below: data file 1 2 1 3 1 3 4 2 3 2 2 1 2 2 5 1 3 2 3 2 2 3 1 4 Actual file has approx 50 Millions such lines with bigger number (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password Obscuring Technique

Hi, We have a unix shell script which tries login to database. The user name and password to connect to database is stored in a file connection.sql. Now connection.sql has contents def ora_user =&1 CONNECT A_PROXY/abc123@DEV01 When on UNIX server we connect to database and set spool on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
7 Replies

7. Linux

Best Compression technique ?

Hi all, I am working on a sample backup code, where i read the files per 7200 bytes and send it to server. Before sending to server, i compress each 7200 bytes using zlib compression algorithm using dictionary max length of 1.5 MB . I find zlib is slow. Can anyone recommend me a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvss
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with mutiple steps/commands, on UNIX servers

Hi, I wrote a simple script, which will call other scripts or run commands on a UNIX server. my script has multiple steps/commands with some delay in between. I usually get some email notifications after the successful execution of each step. **My intention is to get email alerts when it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies