Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to force multicast packet to go via different interface? Post 303044360 by Neo on Thursday 20th of February 2020 03:56:44 AM
Old 02-20-2020
You did not mention, are you running a dynamic routing protocol like OSPF, RIP, EIGRP or IS-IS in your network?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Joining multicast group on IPADDR_ANY - which interface?

Hello all, I have the following question: if you join a multicast group (with setsockopt() and IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP) and specify INADDR_ANY as network interface to join on, the kernel is supposed to choose which interface to use (if there are multiple network interfaces, of course). Does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Double question: Apache mod_proxy and force connection over specific interface

Double question here ... Running on Debian Etch and Apache 2.0 1) Using mod_proxy and/or mod_proxy_http in apache 2.0. The basics of using mod_proxy are pretty simple so long as you're using a static config. I'm trying to figure out how to do it dynamically - that is, allow the entry of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Halfwalker
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Reboot, System is Frozen at setting interface for multicast HELP

I'm not an advanced user by any strech, that being said here is my problem: I ran "reboot" on a sun blade 2500 When loading up it runs through the usual routine, checking disks, filesystems and then it locks up after the following message: ***** starting rpc services: rpcbind... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyukins
6 Replies

4. Solaris

How to force the LAN interface running on 10M

Hi all, I would like to force the LAN card to use 10MB instead of 100MB in UNIX enviroment, please help. thanks! :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felixkoo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to force e1000g0 interface in solaris 10

Hi all, I encounter some problem with my e1000g interface running on sol 10. I can't permanently change the auto-nego to disable, if i use ndd commands, it will only stay until the next reboot. But i can't change the link speed either is set to /etc/init.d/nddconfig or using ndd commands. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to determine network interface that will be used to send a packet for an IP

Hello, I'm writing to you because I encountered the following problem. My program displayes all network interfaces that are available in the system, but I would like to add a functionality in which a user can enter a destination address IP (ex. the IP address of the Google search engine) and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxrafi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Packet loss on ce interface.

Hi, I am using the ce interface on my Solaris 9 server and there is significant packet loss when transmitting large packets. Does anyone have a fix for this? ----10.1.0.0 PING Statistics---- 51 packets transmitted, 42 packets received, 17% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
12 Replies

8. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Packet going out of wrong interface due to OS automatically added cache route with lower metric

RHEL 7.0, IPV6 Scenario: I have routed specific network using network scripts. 1. "ip -6 route show" shows that route has been added. ( with metric 1024) 2. Ping of the specific IP through that route is successful. 3. Now after few days, for some reason, we see that cache route appears for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msr1981
3 Replies
dhcp6r(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 dhcp6r(8)

NAME
dhcp6r - DHCPv6 relay agent SYNOPSIS
dhcp6r [ -d ] [ client-options ] [ server-options ] DESCRIPTION
dhcp6r acts as DHCPv6 relay agent forwarding DHCPv6 messages from clients to servers and vice versa. DHCPv6 messages from clients are received at UDP port 547, they are forwarded to one or more DHCPv6 servers by multicast and/or unicast. DHCPv6 messages from servers to clients are also received at UDP port 547 and forwarded by unicast only. DHCPv6 messages received by multicast at a certain IPv6 interface are never forwarded by multicast to the same interface. If no options are present, the relay agent receives messages by unicast and multicast at all IPv6 interfaces, and all messages are for- warded to all IPv6 interfaces by multicast with the exception mentioned in the previous paragraph. If one or more client-options are present, then messages are only received as specified by the client options. If one or more server- options are present, then messages are only forwarded as specified by the server options. CLIENT-OPTIONS If no client-options are present, the relay receives messages by multicast and unicast at all IPv6 interfaces. If one or more client options are present, then messages are only received as specified by the client-options. In any case, the relay receives client messages by unicast. -cu This option can be used to configure the client such that it receives messages from clients or other relay agents by unicast only. It does not have any effect if a -cm option is present. -cm INTERFACE Accept client messages multicasted at IPv6 interface INTERFACE. The others are receiving only unicast messages. For specifying a set of interfaces, an instance of this option is required for each interface. SERVER-OPTIONS If no server-options are present, the relay forwards messages received from clients by multicast and unicast to all IPv6 interfaces, except the one, which the packet was received on. If one or more server-options are present, then messages are forwarded as specified by the server-options. -sm INTERFACE Forward all received client messages by multicast at IPv6 interface INTERFACE. For specifying a set of interfaces, an instance of this option is required for each interface. -su ADDRESS Forward all received client messages by unicast to the IPv6 address ADDRESS. For specifying a set of addresses, an instance of this option is required for each address. -sf INTERFACE+ADDRESS Forward all received client messages by unicast to the IPv6 address ADDRESS through the IPv6 interface INTERFACE. For specifying a set of combinations of interfaces and addresses, an instance of this option is required for each combination. The -sm, -su, and -sf options can be combined in arbitrary ways. OTHER OPTIONS
-d If this option is not present, dhcp6r will dump logging information into the file /var/log/dhcp6r.log. If the option is present, logging information will be sent to stderr instead. EXAMPLES
The following examples are shown as given to the shell: dhcp6r Receive messages from clients at all IPv6 interfaces by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to all (other) IPv6 interfaces by multicast. dhcp6r -cu Receive messages from clients by unicast only, and forward them to all (other) IPv6 interfaces by multicast. dhcp6r -cm eth0 -cm eth2 Receive messages from clients at interfaces eth0 and eth2 by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to all IPv6 interfaces by multicast (except the one at which the message was received by multicast). dhcp6r -cm eth0 -cm eth2 -sm eth1 Receive messages from clients at interfaces eth0 and eth2 by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to interfaces eth1 by multi- cast. dhcp6r -su fec0::204:ce33:763f:b34 -su fec0::504:ff33:73f:c557 Receive messages from clients at all IPv6 interfaces by multicast and by unicast, and forward a copy of them to each of the speci- fied addresses. dhcp6r -sm eth1 -su fec0::204:ce33:763f:b34 Receive messages from clients at all IPv6 interfaces by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to interface eth1 by multicast and to the specified unicast address. dhcp6r -sm eth1 -sf eth0+fec0::504:ff33:73f:c557 Receive messages from clients at all IPv6 interfaces by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to interface eth1 by multicast and to the specified unicast address. For the unicast address it is enforced that the message will be sent through interface eth0. NOTES
For proper operation of dhcp6r, the host must have at least one global/site scope address assigned to each interface. FILES
/var/log/dhcv6r.log /var/run/dhcpv6/dhcp6r.pid BUGS
Report bugs via http://fedorahosted.org/dhcpv6/ AUTHORS
See http://fedorahosted.org/dhcpv6/wiki/Authors dhcp6r(8)