Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FC disk and ioinfo
Operating Systems AIX FC disk and ioinfo Post 303044348 by Phat on Thursday 20th of February 2020 01:03:21 AM
Old 02-20-2020
I tried your link and what I can but not success

Code:
Enabled   hdisk1 fscsi2
Enabled   hdisk1 fscsi2
Enabled   hdisk1 fscsi0
Enabled   hdisk1 fscsi0

I feel 1 thing strange here is that the disk is detected twice by each physical fibre adapter. I think it should be like below:
Code:
Enabled   hdisk1 fscsi2
Enabled   hdisk1 fscsi0

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

4. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

6. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
vxreattach(1M)															    vxreattach(1M)

NAME
vxreattach - reattach disk drives that have once again become accessible SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxreattach [-br ] [accessname...] /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -c accessname DESCRIPTION
The vxreattach utility reattaches disks to the disk group they were in and retains the same media name. This operation may be necessary if a disk has a transient failure, or if Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) starts with some disk drivers unloaded and unloadable. Disks then enter the failed state. If the problem is fixed, vxreattach may be able to reattach the disks without plexes being flagged as stale, as long as the reattach happens before any volumes on the disk are started. vxreattach tries to find a disk in the same disk group with the same disk ID for the disk(s) to be reattached. The reattach operation may fail even after finding the disk with the matching disk ID if the original cause (or some other cause) for the disk failure still exists. vxreattach is usually invoked by vxdiskadm when performing disk recovery. It is not intended to be run directly by an administrator. OPTIONS
-b Performs the reattach operation in the background. -c Checks if a reattach is possible. No operation is performed, but the name of the disk group and disk media name at which the disk can be reattached is displayed. -r Tries to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the failed disk. It does this by calling vxrecover. EXIT CODES
A zero exit status is returned if the reattach is performed; non-zero is returned otherwise. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. EXAMPLES
Check if reattachment of disk c1t2d0 is possible: /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -c c1t2d0 If reattachment is possible, vxreattach returns with an exit status of 0 and displays the disk group name and disk media name. If reat- tachment is not possible, vxreattach returns an exit status of 2 and displays an error. Attempt to reattach the disk in the foreground and try to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the disk: /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -r c1t2d0 If the reattachment is successful, vxreattach returns an exit status of 0. Otherwise, if an error occurs, vxreattach returns a non-zero exit code as defined on vxintro(1M). FILES
/etc/default/vxplex Standard defaults file that can be used to determine whether FastResync is used when attaching plexes. See vxplex(1M) for details. SEE ALSO
vxdiskadm(1M), vxintro(1M), vxplex(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxreattach(1M)