Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Believe answer to one of your questions is wrong re definition of <MOVED TO ADMIN AREA> Post 303044345 by Neo on Wednesday 19th of February 2020 11:04:47 PM
Old 02-20-2020
OBTW,

I checked the DB, and the trivial question posed by Mike has been answered 123 times so far and of those 123 times, there have been 47 wrong answers.

(123 - 47) / 123 = 61.7% CORRECT.

The overall computer trivia score for all guests (in the same "guest" group as Mike Baran) is 63.8%,

This means that this "be precise in reading" question has been answered correctly by guests in a very close correlation to all questions answered in general by all guests; and so, statistically speaking, this leads me to believe (without rigorous proof) that most trivia players read the questions carefully, since that is the nature of TRUE / FALSE questions, generally speaking.

On the other hand, I have seen in the DB where some users answer questions at various intervals, some like to answer very fast and move on to the next question, some answer more slowly. Maybe someday I will write some code to try to determine the average rate of play for players and see if there is any correlation to player scores.

I know that, for me, I was taught to read T/F exam questions at least twice. Sometimes, I think I even scan them backward, LOL.

But like in all things, we are all different. Some chess players love speed chess. Others chess players prefer to sit and think out each move (like me) carefully. I've never been a fan of rapid chess, but others love it.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Neo

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What wrong with the variable definition

i am using the below script and trying to move files in that directory in that pattern to archive. But it doesn;t seem to take the metacharacters. Please sugggest. Code Debug output: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can any one please answer these questions

6.nohup cmn is used to Prot execn of pgm frm aborting when hangup s/g is rxd Not hangup modem Disconn a node frm s/m Chng execn prev of pgm .wat is the o/p? Cut -d”” -f3 file1/sort -r Display 3rd col of file 1 in asc order Disp 3rd col of file 1 in desc Not ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techguru
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to answer the Questions in Perl .

I need to write a script to telnet or ssh a device the execute some commands in device then copy the output in a file, I wrote the script but I faced one issue, when you execute some commands the device asked me a Question, for example : device # copy run tftp device # Source filename ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Please give me answer for these interview questions.

As i'm going to attend my first interview day after tomorrow, What should i need to answer if the interviewer asked me about 1. Tell me about your production environment. 2. What about your team size? 3. Tell me about the most critical situation/issue you have ever faced. Can any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answer for these LINUX questions URGENT!!

I am very new to LINUX and could not find answer to these questions please submit your comments and suggestions to answer these questions. Appreciate your time thank you, :) If you look at the permissions associated with a symbolic link, it has universal access. Does this lead to security... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux17
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answer for these LINUX questions URGENT!!

I am very new to LINUX and could not find answer to these questions please submit your comments and suggestions to answer these questions. Appreciate your time thank you, :) 1. Make sure there is no filename1.txt in current directory first. Now, enter vi with "vi filename1.txt" command. vi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux17
4 Replies

7. Solaris

==please answer the following questions==

Hello :) ! i've few doubts. 1) how can we find the newly attached disk in SOLARIS ? 2) how to change port number of a service ? 3) how can we find that autofs is running in our system without using svcs and prstat commands ? 4) we know that there are several types of dns servers in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
0 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)