Sponsored Content
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Believe answer to one of your questions is wrong re definition of <MOVED TO ADMIN AREA> Post 303044344 by Neo on Wednesday 19th of February 2020 10:25:13 PM
Old 02-19-2020
OK. Thanks again Mike Baran,

I have checked the DB and the answer is indeed "FALSE" and correct in the DB.

The reason the answer is FALSE is because one of the words in the definition is different than the actual definition. This is a bit tricky, but you know, that is the nature of TRUE/FALSE questions, they are either TRUE or FALSE.

For example (similar example as to not publish a question in the DB), if the statement in the TRUE / FALSE question is:

SDRAM stands for Synchronous dynamic random-access memories

The statement above is FALSE, because it should be:

SDRAM stands for Synchronous dynamic random-access memory

Which is TRUE.

The reason, of course is: memory != memories

In the T/F statement posted by Mike Baran, there was one word different than the actual definition (just like in the example above), so the answer is indeed FALSE, not TRUE.

This, admittedly, was a bit of a tricky question. If you want the details Mike, please message me your email address (WhatsApp, LinkedIn, PM here is OK too) and I'll email you the exact details on that particular question. I hope you understand the importance of keeping the questions a bit confidential, especially the questions with the answers, because that would take the fun out of playing trivia, if the questions and answers were in public.

Regarding precise "tricky" questions in the DB of over 1000 trivia questions, there are a handful of these "need precision" questions, so please read them carefully, like you would with any credible TRUE / FALSE exam question at your university.

In computer programming, if you were testing / comparing strings in a program, "Hello World" does not equal "Hello Worlds" and a conditional test would be FALSE, not TRUE.

As mentioned, there are only a handful of these kinds of "be precise" statements in the trivia DB, but they do exist, so please read the questions carefully.

Thanks for posting.

The next time someone has a public question on a trivia question, it is best to say "Hey guys, please check question #14. I think it might be wrong." (for example) This is why all questions are numbered. If you message me, it is also good to provide the question # (as vbe mentioned), as this saves valuable time looking and searching the DB, and insures precision. At this time, we have over 1000 T/F computer trivia questions in the DB. It is possible, there may be even more later this year.

Finally, if anyone would like to submit T/F questions for the DB, please let me know.

Thanks again!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What wrong with the variable definition

i am using the below script and trying to move files in that directory in that pattern to archive. But it doesn;t seem to take the metacharacters. Please sugggest. Code Debug output: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can any one please answer these questions

6.nohup cmn is used to Prot execn of pgm frm aborting when hangup s/g is rxd Not hangup modem Disconn a node frm s/m Chng execn prev of pgm .wat is the o/p? Cut -d”” -f3 file1/sort -r Display 3rd col of file 1 in asc order Disp 3rd col of file 1 in desc Not ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techguru
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to answer the Questions in Perl .

I need to write a script to telnet or ssh a device the execute some commands in device then copy the output in a file, I wrote the script but I faced one issue, when you execute some commands the device asked me a Question, for example : device # copy run tftp device # Source filename ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSoul
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Please give me answer for these interview questions.

As i'm going to attend my first interview day after tomorrow, What should i need to answer if the interviewer asked me about 1. Tell me about your production environment. 2. What about your team size? 3. Tell me about the most critical situation/issue you have ever faced. Can any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answer for these LINUX questions URGENT!!

I am very new to LINUX and could not find answer to these questions please submit your comments and suggestions to answer these questions. Appreciate your time thank you, :) If you look at the permissions associated with a symbolic link, it has universal access. Does this lead to security... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux17
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answer for these LINUX questions URGENT!!

I am very new to LINUX and could not find answer to these questions please submit your comments and suggestions to answer these questions. Appreciate your time thank you, :) 1. Make sure there is no filename1.txt in current directory first. Now, enter vi with "vi filename1.txt" command. vi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux17
4 Replies

7. Solaris

==please answer the following questions==

Hello :) ! i've few doubts. 1) how can we find the newly attached disk in SOLARIS ? 2) how to change port number of a service ? 3) how can we find that autofs is running in our system without using svcs and prstat commands ? 4) we know that there are several types of dns servers in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
0 Replies
FSCK_MSDOS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     FSCK_MSDOS(8)

NAME
fsck_msdos -- DOS/Windows (FAT) file system consistency check SYNOPSIS
fsck_msdos -q special ... fsck_msdos -p [-f] special ... fsck_msdos [-fny] special ... DESCRIPTION
The fsck_msdos utility verifies and repairs FAT file systems (more commonly known as DOS file systems). The first form of fsck_msdos quickly checks the specified file systems to determine whether they were cleanly unmounted. The second form of fsck_msdos preens the specified file systems. It is normally started by fsck(8) run from /etc/rc.boot during automatic reboot, when a FAT file system is detected. When preening file systems, fsck_msdos will fix common inconsistencies non-interactively. If more serious problems are found, fsck_msdos does not try to fix them, indicates that it was not successful, and exits. The third form of fsck_msdos checks the specified file systems and tries to repair all detected inconsistencies, requesting confirmation before making any changes. The default behavior is to always ask for confirmation of each change. Use the -n or -y options to override this default behavior. The options are as follows: -q Causes fsck_msdos to quickly check whether the volume was unmounted cleanly. If the volume was unmounted cleanly, then the exit status is 0. If the volume was not unmounted cleanly, then the exit status will be non-zero. In either case, a message is printed to standard output describing whether the volume was clean or dirty. -f This option is ignored by fsck_msdos and is present only for compatibility with programs that check other file system types for consistency. -n Causes fsck_msdos to assume no as the answer to all operator questions, except ``CONTINUE?''. -p Preen the specified file systems. -y Causes fsck_msdos to assume yes as the answer to all operator questions. SEE ALSO
fsck(8) BUGS
fsck_msdos is still under construction. NetBSD 1.1 August 13, 1995 NetBSD 1.1