Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array declared in shell script works for AIX but fails in Linux Post 303044338 by vbe on Wednesday 19th of February 2020 05:13:26 PM
Old 02-19-2020
As you have now valid solutions to your issue AND as we are not here to do the work for you its time to close this thread knowing that you are not following the new rules

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script: Bind variable not declared

Hi Friends, I am trying to run a sql query from shell script as below but I get "Bind variable "1" not declared" error. 1.sh shell script has following: sDb="abc/xyz@aaa" a="1.sql" sqlplus -s $sDb @$a $1 1.sql file has following: spool Result.tmp append select cust_name from orders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help wth Net::FTP in script sometimes fails but wsftp always works

Hi, I have a script that transfers files from a Solaris server to target unix servers. The script uses Net::FTP->put to write the files, which can be any number of files, not always the same. This script works flawlessly to many servers. For one particular instance of the script,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign user input to already declared array

What I am doing is creating a top menu, which a user will select a choice with a number entry. That number corresponds to a string in an array. I then want to assign that response to another array I've already declared. For example: #!/bin/bash colors=(red blue yellow) red=(cherry fire)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akilleez
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk regex expression works in AIX but not in Linux

I have following expression: echo "Sun 12 Jul BST 2014\nSun 12 Jul 2014\nSun 12 Jul IS 2014" | awk '/(Sun)+( 12)+( Jul )+({3} )?(2014)/{print;}' I ran above code in AIX box and output is as follows Sun 12 Jul BST 2014 Sun 12 Jul 2014 I ran above code in Linux box and output is as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_pradhan
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep works on Linux but fails on Solaris

Hi, On linux i have the below command working fine. grep -o '<name>.*</name>' deploy.tmp | sed 's/\(<name>\|<\/name>\)//g' deploy.tmp But the same is failing on Solaris uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-23 sun4v sparc sun4v Can you tell me how can i get it work on Solaris ?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk works on Linux but fails on Solaris

On linux i have the below command working fine. awk '/<app-deploy>/{A=1;++i} /<\/app-deploy>/{print >> "found"i".tmp";A=0} A{;print >> "found"i".tmp"}' deploy.xml But the same is failing on Solaris Output: awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed works on Linux but fails on Solaris

Hi, On Linux i get the desired ouput: echo "<value>WEB_USER</value>" | sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'Output: Executing the same command on Solaris: echo "<value>WEB_USER</value>" | sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'Output: I need to get the desired output on Solaris i.e. WEB_USER and... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux shell | how to exit a script if any command fails.

Hi, i am new here let me say HI for all. now i have a question please: i am sending one command to my machine to create 3 names. if one of the names exists then the box return error message that already have the name but will continue to create the rests. How i can break the command and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiri
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command works on Linux but fails on Solaris.

Hi, I am looking for a generic find command that works on both Linux and Solaris. I have the below command that works fine on Linux but fails on solaris.find /web/config -type f '(' -name '*.txt' -or -name '*.xml' -name '*.pro' ')' Fails on SunOS mysolaris 5.10 Generic_150400-61 sun4v sparc... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string works on command-line but fails when run from shell script

I wish to replace "\\n" with a single white space. The below does the job on command-line: $ echo '/fin/app/scripts\\n/fin/app/01/sql' | sed -e 's#\\\\n# #g'; /fin/app/scripts /fin/app/01/sql However, when i have the same code to a shell script it is not able to get me the same output:... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
dup2(2) 							System Calls Manual							   dup2(2)

NAME
dup2 - duplicate an open file descriptor to a specific slot SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
fildes is a file descriptor obtained from a or system call. fildes2 is a non-negative integer less than the maximum value allowed for file descriptors. causes fildes2 to refer to the same file as fildes. If fildes2 refers to an already open file, the open file is closed first. The file descriptor returned by has the following in common with fildes: o Same open file (or pipe). o Same file pointer (that is, both file descriptors share one file pointer.) o Same access mode (read, write or read/write). o Same file status flags (see fcntl(2), The new file descriptor is set to remain open across system calls. See fcntl(2). This routine is found in the C library. Programs using but not using other routines from the Berkeley importability library (such as the routines described in bsdproc(3C)) should not give the option to ld(1). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns the new file descriptor as a non-negative integer, fildes2. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets to indi- cate the error. ERRORS
fails if the following is true: fildes is not a valid open file descriptor or fildes2 is not in the range of legal file descriptors. An attempt to close fildes2 was interrupted by a signal. The file is still open. WARNINGS
A multithreaded application or an application with a signal handler can exhibit a race between on one thread and another kernel call that assigns a new file descriptor while running on a second thread or signal handler. If fildes2 is free before the call was made, the other thread or signal handler may win the race and acquire that descriptor (e.g., in an call). The thread calling can then close this file and reuse the descriptor. This results in multiple functions improperly referring to the same file. This race can be avoided either by ensuring that fildes2 references an open file before calling or by providing user-level synchronization (or signal disabling) which makes sure that the thread and another thread or signal handler don't make competing calls into the kernel at the same time. SEE ALSO
close(2), creat(2), dup(2), exec(2), fcntl(2), open(2), pipe(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
dup2(2)