Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FC disk and ioinfo
Operating Systems AIX FC disk and ioinfo Post 303044327 by RecoveryOne on Wednesday 19th of February 2020 10:27:07 AM
Old 02-19-2020
Yes, using vscsi.
In the 'planning' phase of moving to npiv, but my infrastructure is a tad behind the times so to speak and my switches don't support vscsi.
When I had the chance to use npiv, due to time constraints I wasn't able to switch a box over to it. One of those projects where they needed it three weeks ago, so I just did it the quick and dirty way that I knew would work, and work well.

So if you are seeing it logged in, did you run cfgmgr after all the zoning?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to Calculate Disk Queue length and Disk Busy Time

Hi, Am doing an enhancements related to monitoring a Linux disk I/O statistics. The /proc/diskstats file is used to get the each disk I/O statistics. But, It returns the raw value. How to calculate the Disk Queue Length and Disk Busy time from the raw values. Guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maruthu
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

4. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

6. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
cfgmgr_set_status(9r)													     cfgmgr_set_status(9r)

NAME
cfgmgr_set_status - General: Reports failure to the cfgmgr framework SYNOPSIS
int cfgmgr_set_status( char *driver_name ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the device driver for which you want to report an associated failure. This name is a string that matches the string you specified for the entry_name item in the /etc/sysconfigtab database. Typically, third-party driver writers specify the driver name (followed by a colon) in the sysconfigtab file fragment, which gets appended to the /etc/sysconfigtab database during the driver product installation. DESCRIPTION
The cfgmgr_set_status routine reports to the cfgmgr framework that a failure has occurred during static configuration. If the specified device driver is in the static configuration state, it does not know that the configuration operation is complete until all register call- back requests (routines) have successfully completed. Therefore, a device driver calls cfgmgr_set_status to report a possible failure dur- ing static configuration to the cfgmgr framework. Specifically, cfgmgr_set_status performs the following failure operations: Adjusts the state of the specified device driver Unconfigures the specified device driver from the cfgmgr framework The cfgmgr_set_status routine calls the device driver's configure routine at its CFG_OP_UNCONFIGURE entry point as part of these failure operations. The code associated with the CFG_OP_UNCONFIGURE entry point is responsible for determining how to deallocate any allocated resources during these failure operations. The cfgmgr_set_status routine does not notify the operator of a configuration failure. Part of the code associated with the CFG_OP_UNCON- FIGURE entry point could include an error logging operation to record the fact that a failure has occurred. The reason for doing this is that the cfgmgr framework's task is to accomplish the unconfigure operation of a statically configured device driver. You call the cfgmgr_set_status routine in the device driver's callback routine when the static configuration operation fails. You register a callback routine by calling the register_callback routine. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, cfgmgr_set_status returns the value ESUCCESS. This success value indicates that cfgmgr_set_status adjusted the state of the device driver and caused the cfgmgr framework to unconfigure the driver. Otherwise, cfgmgr_set_status returns one of the fol- lowing error constants defined in /usr/sys/include/sys/sysconfig.h and /usr/sys/include/sys/errno.h: The device driver that you specified in the driver_name argument does not exist. In this case, cfgmgr_set_status cannot adjust the state and unconfigure the device driver. The device driver that you specified in the driver_name argument was not statically configured. The device driver that you specified in the driver_name argument is not in the static configuration state. EXAMPLES
See Writing Device Drivers: Tutorial for a code example of the cfgmgr_set_status interface. SEE ALSO
Routines: cfgmgr_get_state(9r), register_callback(9r) cfgmgr_set_status(9r)